2016 has been the best year for the UFC so far imo

Year might be the best i have ever seen not to mention how many of my friends are watching the sport now. The rise of champs was great I mean Conner and Stipe killed it this year those guys are great not to mention Rocksalt getting knocked out by Count that was fucking nuts biggest upset i have seen in a long time. Still got Cruz to look forward to as well and the fight getting some hype is nice.

2016 had a lot of great shows

But let's not pretend you've been watching this sport for 20 years and just joined in 2016 with a Rory MacDonald avatar

yes it was great

some crazy stacked cards and lots of upsets

and we could end the year with sherdog drowning in salt if rousey wins

Hard to say really.

If I have to decide it would probably be whatever year it was that UFC 94 and UFC 100 were on. Brock was new to the scene, and the allure to see him compete was bananas. Newbs just don't understand the edge and the anticipation that Brock brought to the UFC. You had Prime BJ Penn, GSP, Anderson, Matt Hughes, and a stacked 205 division. Hard to take away from the Nostalgia that Penn and GSP has back then.

Started strong because of 2015 but the 4th quarter it has become a freakshow.

My two favorite fights were women fights. JJ vs Claudia and Tate vs Holly

This year had the best lineups per card of any other year in history. I'll give them that. If you look up and down UFC 200-206, those cards were all pretty stacked. The Fight Nights sucked this year, but their PPV's were sensational.

Special like the Olympics. I liked MMA back when the guys fought and didn't run around like soap opera stars. I would say it was much better when Fedor, Silva, and GSP were on top. There were some good fights this year, but a ton of shit to top it off. There was like what, 83 fights cancelled to injury? And 26 title fights "not" made because the champ refused? It's like the fucking millennials took over.

Even if Conner shit got nuts he still put on great fights and him destroying the 155 pound champ was amazing. If you do not like Conner Stipe has been on a insane tear beat AA,Werdum and Overeem in the first round and being a total savage doing it. Then you have the Count knocking out Rocksalt that has to be up there with biggest upsets in past 10 years the salt was amazing after it as well.

Been a great year for fights. I hope next year is injury free

I think my favorite was the Strikeforce era. Strikeforce delivered every event and ufc was great as always.

UFC is exciting right now because all the champions are weak (aside from MM and Cruz), and belts are changing hands in dramatic fashion.

It's been a great year, but when the sport's biggest star has 3 fights, and none of them are against truly elite opposition, it seems like a case of truly wasted potential.

'04, '05, '08, '09, '11, '13, & '15 were all better, IMO.

Some great fights this year, but a lot was more flash than substance and a lot of great fights fell through the cracks for one reason or another.

2002-2005 were my favorite years. I am glad you're enjoying it, we all have differing opinions.

2007 and 2013 for me (in Ufc). 2007 because Pride fighters came and 2013 because long time champions lost (Anderson), almost lost (GSP), and almost lost & looked human (Jones). These years in terms of excitement, couldn't say which one is 'best'. This one is solid.

Mike Perry's breakout year and 2017 gonna be even better.

The JBG's panties are already wet

'04, '05, '08, '09, '11, '13, & '15 were all better, IMO.

Some great fights this year, but a lot was more flash than substance and a lot of great fights fell through the cracks for one reason or another.

2002-2005 were my favorite years. I am glad you're enjoying it, we all have differing opinions.

2007 and 2013 for me (in Ufc). 2007 because Pride fighters came and 2013 because long time champions lost (Anderson), almost lost (GSP), and almost lost & looked human (Jones). These years in terms of excitement, couldn't say which one is 'best'. This one is solid.
Yes there were a lot of good years but I can't remember a time when I got super excited to invite all my friends for a UFC party as many times as this year. And not only that, but every single fight card that we had a party for delivered from top to bottom.

You guys keep talking about the Anderson Silva and GSP era but those guys had a lot of downer fights. I live in Montreal and even when GSP was dominating and beating his opponents the room would kinda get quiet during the fight because of GSP's fighting style. We were happy he won, but we would all be talking about how GSP should change his fighting style.

This year imo delivered on all levels. Great stacked cards that also were entertaining fights with a lot of surprising outcomes. It had all the ingredients of being the best year for the UFC.

And to cap off the year. Another great and historic event.

Rousey getting destroyed in less than a minute and Garbrandt schooling Cruz at his own game.

Back