2016 could be Shogun's comeback year

JSPoole1983

White Belt
Reaction score
1. Shogun is only 33 years old.

2. Shogun got KO'd against St. Preux and almost KO'd against lil Nog. This will cause him to modify his "rushing in" style and be more conservative. Pretty much all of his loses in the UFC were by being too aggressive and by rushing in. Even in the Jones fight Shogun threw a wild, agressive overhand right that missed by a mile and Jones threw the flying knee which was the beggining of the end for Shogun in that fight.

3. Shogun has heart. This is something that you can't teach, and Shogun showed it against Henderson in their first fight and almost won.

Mauricio-Rua.jpg

It could be his year he finally puts a win streak together but that's merely it. I say this as a huge Shogun fan. He could beat Rampage, Fabio, Manuwa and a few others but other than that, he loses to pretty much everyone in the top 10, including Bader.

I'm on the wagun win or lose, always supporting Shogun!

I would be sooooo happy, but no, hes well over the hill and has been for quite some time.

Let him string together a couple more wins before trying to jump start his hype train... Dude has a lot of milage on him.

I'm always hoping each year is Shogun's comeback year.

Hell no! He ain't got no more knees and been in too many wars.

Let's not go down this road again. Shogun had one beautiful comeback in his career, but lightning doesn't strike twice

He's only 33 but this sport takes its toll, especialy with some of the fights he's been in.

No shame in him taking a few more fights and retiring.

Nah, he's too shop-worn.

He might have a few more fights but they'll continue to be hard to watch.

"I'm always hoping each year is Shogun's comeback year"

What this man said. This is me every freaking year

Shogun will have to drop to 185. He was unable to deal with Jones' range and speed, and I don't see him being able to deal with a few other 205'ers for him to crack top 5 again, let alone capture the title at 205. The memory of his fight against Coleman, however, is still fresh in my mind.

It could be his year he finally puts a win streak together but that's merely it. I say this as a huge Shogun fan. He could beat Rampage, Fabio, Manuwa and a few others but other than that, he loses to pretty much everyone in the top 10, including Bader.

I'm on the wagun win or lose, always supporting Shogun!

I really wanna see him fight Rampage again, their first fight was DESTRUCTION

his fights with hendo are just amazing. If you dont love Shogun you probably dont love the sport. He is such an iron chinned warrior. hes been chinned, but not by a big shot, hes been chinned due to circumstance more than power. Hes just such a legend.

2016 is Jones' comeback year.

Shogun will drop a decision and get knocked out, then retire.

David Ortiz (armed with a bat) vs Shogun would be a pretty unfair fight.

Ortiz stands no chance

Shogun should have retired after getting tapped by Sonnen. Just looked so "done" in that fight.

Pretty sure this is a troll thread, Shogun is a legend but he should probably retire (or just do fun fights). I don't see him beating any of the top 10 fighters. His best bet would be fighting Schaub if he still wants to compete.

Shogun's done. Too many wars and surgeries.

I think Shogun may have a couple more good fights left in him, but only if he continues to work with Rafael Cordeiro. With the turn around that Cordiero has engineered with Werdum and RDA I think he could get Shogun back to a level closer to his prime. I don't think Shogun will be challenging for title anytime soon but there are still good fights out there for him.

Though Shogun has had a great career, and is loved by many, he is not making a comeback. Give him some good winnable fights, but he is too battle worn to ever get close to the belt again.

Back