2016 could be Shogun's comeback year

Massive fan of Shogun, but he should retire on this win. Or beat up Malbobabo, then retire.

wasteland?

i guess what i mean is... how exactly does one define comeback? shogun is still here... doing what shogun does.

it would be nice to see him string some victories indeed... But that top 5 at 205 will be tough for him :(

His knees are shot.

Whether its your knees, back, or jaw, you can't have a glaring physical issue and make it to the top. He won't break Top 5.

Sorry.

I doubt it. He had his time, he's not good enough to beat top guys anymore.

Shogun is not good enough to break into today's top 5. It's a damn miracle he ever was champion honestly. He is the biggest overachiever in MMA

only 33? That's a little up there when you arent on the juice, not to mention the countless injuries he's sustained. Shogun was one of the greats but his time is up. He will continue until dana forces him to retire.

Name a top fighter who hasnt had ''countless injuries'', whatever the hell that means. Im waiting

Middleweights losing their IV's post weigh in will move to LHW, and its just a whole new group of guys blowing him away. I wish he would retire.

I love Shogun, but he's shot. There's more chance of Wanderlei Silva being given an office job at Zuffa HQ than there is of Shogun ever beating another top 5 fighter. He's done.

Name a top fighter who hasnt had ''countless injuries'', whatever the hell that means. Im waiting

Jon Jones has never had injury problems. The closest thing I can remember is he needed a little more time to recover after the Gus war.

Also I believe I just heard that Randy never had a serious injury that required a surgery or operation.

So let's clear some stuff up.

In the past FIVE years, he beat Mark Coleman (one fight away from retirement) Liddel (one fight away from retirement) Forrest (one fight away from retirement), Nog (who should retire) Vera (who is 2-4 in last 6 fights), Te Huna (who loses in the 1st round to every UFC fighter with a heartbeat) and split with Machida.

What discernible skill set does he have that sets him up for a run? He's a good striker but also gets ktfo'd at a good rate and gets submitted by guys like Chael and Forrest.

He seems to be one of those guys whose fanbase suffers from amnesia--they keep forgetting he isn't that good.

Hey , lets be honest now. He kicked Machidas ass twice when he was the undefeated Dragon Era Kung Fu Machine or whatever. His wins after losing to Jones have been abysmal and he has been degrading hard...

I fear people are right that Shogun wont make a comeback, but i like how he remembered he can kick in the Nog fight... I hope TS is right but highly unlikely.

Oh dear God man. You're lucky im even replying. I don't know of many people besides tito ortiz and rampage that have done the amount of damage to their knees as shogun has. GSP is also an honorable mention and guess what? he was never the same after the ACL injury. Bones stayed pretty healthy, Franklin was healthy, Anderson Silva used to be healthy. Both of the Diaz brothers. There have been plenty that have either not been injured or done very little damage. Shogun is destroyed and likely has little cartilage in his knees by now.

Oh god.

Okay, have him fight Rumble next. So we can end this nonsense.

Shogun's chance for a 2016 comeback?

f13bfb6b-2b1a-4e90-841e-8c822990d30b.gif

One of dumber posts i've read in a long time, please stop. You clearly are skewing every point in your favor, you come of like annoying hater. You are very critical of Shogun, but you can make these assessments of pretty much every single LHW, by your standards pretty much everyone isnt that good

Facts are facts amigo. Outside of beating the Karate Kid, his other wins have come against guys with one foot out the door or tomato cans. His losses have been spectacular, too.

It again comes down to the second part of the question:

What skill set does he possess that could possibly get him a two fight streak against anyone in the Top 10? Deadly stand up? Granite chin? Elite wrestling? Submission expert?

Nope
Nope
Nope
and
Nope

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back