2016 could be Shogun's comeback year

As a Shogun fan I ask you to please pass whatever you are smoking. Shogun may be 33 but hes 85 in MMA years. Just let him end his career with fun fights that we want to see.

d783.gif

not this thread again.,... the guy is a fan favorite, i get it but lets be real here, he'll get steamrolled by most top10 in his div

Talk to me when he wins another 1-2 fights, until then I hold back any thoughts of Shogun making any runs. He fought well vs Rogerio and certainly looked better, he had a great corner that guided him through the fight and helped him win. But I wanna see consistency.

So let's clear some stuff up.

In the past FIVE years, he beat Mark Coleman (one fight away from retirement) Liddel (one fight away from retirement) Forrest (one fight away from retirement), Nog (who should retire) Vera (who is 2-4 in last 6 fights), Te Huna (who loses in the 1st round to every UFC fighter with a heartbeat) and split with Machida.

What discernible skill set does he have that sets him up for a run? He's a good striker but also gets ktfo'd at a good rate and gets submitted by guys like Chael and Forrest.

He seems to be one of those guys whose fanbase suffers from amnesia--they keep forgetting he isn't that good.

It won't happen, sorry. Physically he's shot, and his gameplanning has been downright terrible his last few fights.

Don't keep hoping, its all over. I hope he retires soon so his legacy isn't further tarnished. I get tired of the fanboys around here too.

After those two wars with Hendo, Shogun's chin gave him the talk "Ok, I've given you the best years of my life, but I think it's time end this relationship." Dude just wouldn't listen.

Hope springs eternal, and I'd love to see him take out Rampage one more time, but he takes too many shots to challenge the cream of the crop. At least that's the way I see it.

In the past FIVE years, he beat Mark Coleman (one fight away from retirement) Liddel (one fight away from retirement) Forrest (one fight away from retirement), Nog (who should retire) Vera (who is 2-4 in last 6 fights), Te Huna (who loses in the 1st round to every UFC fighter with a heartbeat) and split with Machida.

What discernible skill set does he have that sets him up for a run? He's a good striker but also gets ktfo'd at a good rate and gets submitted by guys like Chael and Forrest.

He seems to be one of those guys whose fanbase suffers from amnesia--they keep forgetting he isn't that good.

Exactamente.

It won't happen, sorry. Physically he's shot, and his gameplanning has been downright terrible his last few fights.

Don't keep hoping, its all over. I hope he retires soon so his legacy isn't further tarnished. I get tired of the fanboys around here too.

Which fights are those??? I am not a advocate of Shogun making any comebacks until he wins another 2 fights. But explain this terrible regarding the game planning last few fights?? I would like to hear this, because if anything his game plans have been very good, him losing is not a game plan problem.

only 33? That's a little up there when you arent on the juice, not to mention the countless injuries he's sustained. Shogun was one of the greats but his time is up. He will continue until dana forces him to retire.

i love shogun and it would be great to see him back at the top but i dont see this happening anymore.

One of dumber posts i've read in a long time, please stop. You clearly are skewing every point in your favor, you come of like annoying hater. You are very critical of Shogun, but you can make these assessments of pretty much every single LHW, by your standards pretty much everyone isnt that good

Last edited:
Shogun would get dominated by JJ (again), DC, Gus (again), Rumble...Let's not forget he got finished in embarassing fashion by Chael, OSP, and Hendo; hell I might be forgetting some...

Back