2015 NFL Draft Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunch of players dropped out of the Senior Bowl. Bummer.

HUGE LOL at DBG over Cooper, thats laughable.

Almost as funny as an analyst saying Atlanta drafts any position that is not a pass rushing position. They have so many holes at DE/OLB/OL and S, there is no way they would take the luxury pick of Cooper when they need so much help.

And no, Parker is a good prospect, but he isnt better than Cooper.

Its between Parker and Kevin White for #2 WR, depends on what a team values more in a WR as both have different skills.

And most mock drafts have either DGB or Devin Funchess (Michigan) going as the last WR in the first round to a team like NE or Seattle that can use a WR do not have glaring needs that can be filled at the end of the first round.

MetalMayhem, who do you want the Dolphins to target? I have them going OL if they resign Odrick, if not I see them going after an interior lineman or possibly an ILB.

Xavier Williams DT (Northern Iowa) playing the East/West Shrine game. One possession, 2 tackles and a near sack. Kid has a endless motor and never gives up on plays. He could be a pretty decent rotational D lineman.

No shot in hell DGB would ever be rated ahead of Cooper. DGB at best is the #4 WR in this draft.

Hes def top 3 talent wise but he's obviously too much trouble to draft before Cooper. I meant physically/talent wise. I'm thinking he could be a steal in the 2nd or even 3rd round.

Yeah, if DGB gets his shit together he'd be a good steal. Just a lot of question marks surrounding him.

Todd Gurley to SF seems like a done deal

Don't see that making much sense

He will join the all no-acl team we are building.

With the Dan Quinn hiring looming in ATL, Shane Ray seems the perfect fit for Quinn's LEO role in his defense.

MetalMayhem, who do you want the Dolphins to target? I have them going OL if they resign Odrick, if not I see them going after an interior lineman or possibly an ILB.

Depends largely on what Miami will do this off-season. It sounds cliche, but that's what I honestly believe.

Mike Wallace's sour grapes may lead to Miami cutting ties with him. Hartline and Gibson, IMO, are likely free agents this season also. So if all three leave, or even two of the three, Miami may look into a receiver in the early rounds again to keep Landry in the slot, where he's most effective.

You also have Delmas, Knowshon, Odrick and Clay being free agents. I think Knowshon leaves just because Miller had a decent season, but should the rest re-sign, I think Miami is in great shape for the future. I'd say priority #1 in free agency is trying to keep Odrick, but Clay has good rapport with Tannehill.

1) Odrick
2) Clay

Colledge and Satele are entering free agency too, and they're over 30 so outside of Albert, Maurkice and JJ, Miami probably needs interior offensive linemen as well (but I speculate they're gonna address that need in the off-season, whether it's a big name like Franklin or a smaller, younger face).

I believe on draft day, Miami's definitely drafting defense. They have to get a run-stopping linebacker, and are going to have to start thinking about replacing Grimes/Finnegan sooner or later. For now, I think the first two rounds are going to be MLB & DT.

I loved Kiper's projection of Bernard McKinney, liked watching him play at Mississippi State. He'd be a great complement to the current crop of LBs. I also like a DT in the first, especially Shelton or Goldman, even a CB if they want to replace Finnegan and groom him to replace Grimes.

But I think getting a MLB in the first (McKinney) and then a DT in the second (Mario Edwards or Michael Bennett) would be ideal for me. Grimes is good for another year or two, and maybe you can release Finnegan and start Taylor or Davis for one year at CB2 and see if they can survive. Miami, IMO, would be better off drafting a young, effective run-stopping MLB or DT to either replace Misi or a departing Odrick.

tl;dr
- Depends on if Miami keeps 2 of their 5 key FAs (Odrick, Clay, Delmas, Colledge, Shelby)
- Draft picks also depend on whether Wallace stays as a Dolphin.
- I believe they'll re-sign Clay, maybe Odrick and fresh interior o-linemen.
- After all that, Miami is going to enter the draft in one of two directions:
(A) Draft a MLB 1st, DT 2nd
(B) Draft a DT 1st, MLB (esp. Perryman) 2nd.

Im a Bama fan and saw McKinney play a ton, he is a quality player and the Dolphins would not go wrong drafting him to play ILB.

And as much as I love Gurley as a player, as a Niners fan I hope we do not draft him. There are too many other positions of need to take Gurley when you have Gore/Hyde.
We need help at WR badly, need an interior lineman, and a corner (hell two corners).

Taking Gurley as a luxury pick would be okay if the team was primed for a Super Bowl run, but we have too many holes to take Gurley when we need a guy like Parker (WR) or Trae Waynes (CB)

Where does Miami pick in RD2? Im not sure they can land Perryman if they dont pick towards the top of RD2. If they believe they can get Perryman in RD2, a guy like Goldman at DT would be an excellent pick.

Blockbuster Mariota trade LOOMS.

Idiots imo.

I'm crossing my fingers that the Jags pull this off. Jumping from 3 to 20 would net a ton of picks to say the least.

Doing the same for Oakcan.

I very much doubt they have to get higher than that to land him.

Doing the same for Oakcan.

I very much doubt they have to get higher than that to land him.

Chicken coup to oakland won't be looming if they trade down playa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back