2015 NFL Draft Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt realize Stanley decided to stay.

And I cant belive Olamu would drop from maybe the top CB in the draft that far down. If he can rehab and show teams he is on the right path, he may be a late 1st-2nd round guy.

Why wouldn't Reed declared when Collins, Yeldon and Cooper did? That seems odd to me, he is an important piece coming back to what could potentially be the best defense in the country, at least up front. Depends on how much Jackson improves at CB, if Brown catches and passes him, and how well the S spots get filled. I like Geno Smith, Jabriel Washington played some, but I am hoping Hootie Jones continues to develop.

Peters is clearly the most talented corner in the draft imo. Top 10 talent. But he does have some serious character questions. Waynes would go ahead of Ifo even if he was healthy. Verrett was about as good a college corner as I've seen and he dropped to late 1st bc of size. Ifo probably would have been an early 2 before the injury.

And trust me, get TJ Clemmings in your mocks. This guy will be a unanimous 1st rounder come April. Battling with Collins for my #1 OT spot.

Peters is clearly the most talented corner in the draft imo. Top 10 talent. But he does have some serious character questions. Waynes would go ahead of Ifo even if he was healthy. Verrett was about as good a college corner as I've seen and he dropped to late 1st bc of size. Ifo probably would have been an early 2 before the injury.

And trust me, get TJ Clemmings in your mocks. This guy will be a unanimous 1st rounder come April. Battling with Collins for my #1 OT spot.

Ahead of guys like Peat and Flowers? I could always swap Clemmings for Flowers

Peters? IMO PJ Williams is the best CB prospect, with Waynes next.

What are your thoughts about all the Bama guys going pro? ATT, we have DePriest (ILB), Collins (SS), Arie K (OG, who woulda thought he was better than Cyrus K.?), Austin Shepherd (RT), Xzavier Dickson (OLB, could be a sleeper pick. Dude is a great pass rusher and has athleticism and size), De White (WR), Ch. Jones (WR), Nick Perry (FS/STAR), and Cooper (WR). Heard rumours Reed declared but Ragland said he is coming back.

Vereen was very good, but he was not Patrick Peterson good IMO.

Strangely enough, Bradley Robey (who the Niners SHOULD have drafted) was the best rookie CB in the league including Gilbert.

In a couple years tho, a tandem of Gilbert/Hayden could be scary good.

Ahead of guys like Peat and Flowers? I could always swap Clemmings for Flowers

Peters? IMO PJ Williams is the best CB prospect, with Waynes next.

What are your thoughts about all the Bama guys going pro? ATT, we have DePriest (ILB), Collins (SS), Arie K (OG, who woulda thought he was better than Cyrus K.?), Austin Shepherd (RT), Xzavier Dickson (OLB, could be a sleeper pick. Dude is a great pass rusher and has athleticism and size), De White (WR), Ch. Jones (WR), Nick Perry (FS/STAR), and Cooper (WR). Heard rumours Reed declared but Ragland said he is coming back.

Peat has been overrated all year imo. Not that I don't think he has nice upside, but I don't see the Top 5-10 prospect most do. I have a late 1st early 2nd on him right now. Think he could be this year's Cyrus Kouandjio.

Flowers is interesting (although Ive only seen the Miami game) bc he's so big, but better than Clemmings? No shot imo. Clemmings has only been playing OT for 2 years (DE convert). He's got strength, length, hands of stone, and is very athletic. Clemmings and Collins are clearly the top two OTs imo. Clemmings will be this year's Greg Robinson. Don't be surprised if he winds up going Top 10-12.

I've only seen the Bama guys through live viewings so I haven't really broken them down yet.

Is Ragland definitely going back to school? Think he could go pretty high if he declared.

Ragland is probably staying, same with Reed.

Vereen was very good, but he was not Patrick Peterson good IMO.

Strangely enough, Bradley Robey (who the Niners SHOULD have drafted) was the best rookie CB in the league including Gilbert.

In a couple years tho, a tandem of Gilbert/Hayden could be scary good.

Peterson, Gilbert, etc were more about projection than anything. Verrett was the best college corner I've seen in the past 5+ years. Literally had every trait you look for except size. Was the definition of quick-twitch, had loose hips, quick feet, ball skills, aggressive, tough as nails. He was one of my favorite players in last year's draft. And before going down with the labrum he was outplaying any other rookie CB.

Peterson, Gilbert, etc were more about projection than anything. Verrett was the best college corner I've seen in the past 5+ years. Literally had every trait you look for except size. Was the definition of quick-twitch, had loose hips, quick feet, ball skills, aggressive, tough as nails. He was one of my favorite players in last year's draft. And before going down with the labrum he was outplaying any other rookie CB.

Not Patrick Peterson man, he was not just drafted on potential; he did everything at LSU, he is a fast-twitch guy, and has great size and is not afraid to tackle.
He had everything man, he was not a project guy

My updated mock draft:

2015 NFL Mock Draft v.1
(Updated January 15, 2015)

1-Tampa Bay Buccaneers
QB Jameis Winston, Florida State

2-Tennessee Titans
DE Leonard Williams, USC

3-Jacksonville Jaguars
DE/OLB Randy Gregory, Nebraska

4-Oakland
WR Amari Cooper, Alabama

5-Washington
OT Brandon Schreff, Iowa

6-New York Jets
QB Marcus Mariotta, Oregon

7-Chicago Bears
DE Shane Ray, Missouri (but IMO Dupree would be better pick)

8-Atlanta Falcons
DE Alvin Dupree, Kentucky

9-New York Giants
SS Landon Collins, Alabama

10-St. Louis
OT La'El Collins, LSU

11-Minnesota*
OT Andrus Peat, Stanford

12-Cleveland
WR Kevin White, WVU

13-New Orleans
DE Dante Fowler, Florida

14-Miami Dolphins
OT TJ Cummings, Pittsburgh

15-San Francisco
WR DeVante Parker, Louisville (God I would LOVVEE this pick as a Niners fan. We need secondary help and a guard, but passing on Parker is stupid)

16-Houston
CB Trae Waynes, Michigan State

17-San Diego
OT Erik Flowers, Miami

18-Kansas City
CB Marcus Peters, Washington

19-Cleveland
DT Eddie Goldman, FSU

20-Philadelphia
DE/OLB Vic Beasley, Clemson

21-Cincinnatti
LB Shaq Thompson, Washington

22-Pittsburgh
CB PJ Williams, FSU

23-Detroit*
RB Todd Gurley, Georgia

24-Arizona
RB Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin

25-Carolina
OT/C Cam Erving, FSU

26-Baltimore
WR Jalen Strong, Arizona State

27-Dallas
DT Danny Shelton, Washington

28-Denver
OT Ty Sambrailo, Colorado State (Baylor OL Oughebi)

29-Indianapolis
DE/OLB Eli Harold, UVA

30-Green Bay
LB Bendarick McKinney, Miss. State

31-New England
WR Devin Funchess, Michigan

32-Seattle
WR Dorial Green-Beckham, Oklahoma

Picks 29-30 could be totally different, depends on who wins Super Bowl, but I have Seattle beating NE. I hope not, **** Seattle, but thats my logical pick.

My draft will end up being trash, I would be surprised to get over 10% right, a lot changes between now and then. At this point last year, Star Loutouleli was a top 5 pick.

Kiper and Jeremiah both put out their first mocks today.

Kiper had Clemmings going #10 and Jeremiah had him going #12.

The hype is real.

Parker's going to Minnesota. I'll be floored if the Vikings do not get him.

Alex, have you watched tape on Louisville S James Sample? He declared for the draft, have not heard a thing on where he stands in the draft picture.

Nope, not gonna happen my Papa John Stadium friend, Parker is gonna be a Niner! We need him more, you guys are better suited for the future than we are TBH, except at RB, OL, and DL/LB

How in the fuck does Daniel Jeremiah have Atlanta taking Amari Cooper at #8 with the glaring needs at pass rush?

Nope, not gonna happen my Papa John Stadium friend, Parker is gonna be a Niner! We need him more, you guys are better suited for the future than we are TBH, except at RB, OL, and DL/LB

lol, I'm a Dolphins fan, not a Viking.

I say this, watching Louisville every game the last five years as a fan, the Teddy/Parker combo in the NFL is the best move for the Vikings in this draft. Their rapport will help Bridgewater's growth to being a potentially upper-tier QB.

The Falcons going WR with their first pick over defense is a facepalm.

if the falcans go with a WR id laugh a lung up

No shot in hell DGB would ever be rated ahead of Cooper. DGB at best is the #4 WR in this draft.

Parker's going to Minnesota. I'll be floored if the Vikings do not get him.

Alex, have you watched tape on Louisville S James Sample? He declared for the draft, have not heard a thing on where he stands in the draft picture.

Nah I haven't gotten a chance to see him yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back