2015 NFL Draft Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he slip in some peoples rankings ? Dude looks the part and all but does production match the hype ?

He totaled 51 tackles with 11 sacks. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up declaring.

I'm so looking forward to seeing who Tennessee selects at #2, assuming they don't trade the pick. Schematically, Gregory makes sense, but I really want Leonard Williams.

Williams can fit in their scheme too just fine. If they pass on a QB then it'll be the guy that grades out the best. I think it'll be Williams but it's a close call.

You think if Tenn takes Williams, Jacksonville will try to trade number 3 to a team that wants Winston or Mariota?

Williams can fit in their scheme too just fine. If they pass on a QB then it'll be the guy that grades out the best. I think it'll be Williams but it's a close call.

Yeah, Tennessee needs a presence that can consistently get to QB's. I'll be geeked as shit if they get Williams to team with Casey. But knowing the front office, they'll possibly botch this.

You think if Tenn takes Williams, Jacksonville will try to trade number 3 to a team that wants Winston or Mariota?

As a Jags fan, I would be pretty happy with this. I definitely think they would shop the pick quite a bit. While Gregory would be nice in teal, I don't see a big fall in talent if we traded back 2-7 spots.

Yeah, Tennessee needs a presence that can consistently get to QB's. I'll be geeked as shit if they get Williams to team with Casey. But knowing the front office, they'll possibly botch this.

I thought Mett was a good prospect before he got drafted. If we weren't going to get a QB in the first then he was my #1 target into the 2nd, but then more off the field stuff happened and he dropped. I think you get the guy good protection and he can perform well assuming his head is on right. He reminds me a lot of Brady as far as his strengths/weaknesses go. Williams would be the smart pick here IMO.

Tennessee definitely seems intent on giving Mett his shot. So I'm hoping Williams is the guy.

I wonder if the Bears could get the Jets to swap 1st round picks if the Bears included Cutler

Jake Fisher versus Joseph Bosa tonight

Alvin Dupree seems to be rocketing up draft boards. Most mocks had him as a mid 1st rounder and now he's in the top 10 in most mocks I've looked at. I don't know who I liked best for Atlanta at pick 8 between him, Shane Ray, Vic Beasley and Dante Fowler.

As an SEC guy, Dupree has given more effort than Fowler, has been a better player for longer than Ray, and played against better OL than Beasley.

I like Bud Dupree a lot, he is going to make some NFL team very happy.

If TEN can get a guy like Williams to pair with Casey inside, they can have a legit DL. They have a good offensive line, Walker is a top end TE, but they lack talent at WR. If Williams goes ahead of one of the QBs, I can see TEN trading down to the 8-10 range and going after a WR. Thats a major position of need, esp if they are intent on giving Mett a legit shot.

As an SEC guy, Dupree has given more effort than Fowler, has been a better player for longer than Ray, and played against better OL than Beasley.

I like Bud Dupree a lot, he is going to make some NFL team very happy.

More effort than Fowler? Not sure about that. Fowler plays about as hard as any player I've seen this year. Maybe '13 Fowler.

I doubt that.

Depends on how many WRs go in the first round and Strong's combine performance.

White, Parker, and Strong are all in the running for number 2 behind Cooper imo.

Cooper, White, Parker are in their own tier in my eyes

If TEN can get a guy like Williams to pair with Casey inside, they can have a legit DL. They have a good offensive line, Walker is a top end TE, but they lack talent at WR. If Williams goes ahead of one of the QBs, I can see TEN trading down to the 8-10 range and going after a WR. Thats a major position of need, esp if they are intent on giving Mett a legit shot.

My dream is to have Leonard Williams in the first round and still have Strong there early in the 2nd.

Cooper, White, Parker are in their own tier in my eyes

Agreed 100%. Cooper is a really good prospect but I don't think he is above those guys. Any one of them could come out and put up big numbers depending on where they get drafted.

I think Strong is being underrated. I've been really big on him since last season. Great size and good hands.

White and Parker look great too though. If the Raiders end up trading back (say Tenn takes Williams and Jax takes Gregory), I wouldn't be unhappy with any of Cooper/White/Parker/Strong.

Strong is solid. Just don't see any elite traits. Cooper, Parker, White all have elite traits.

Agreed 100%. Cooper is a really good prospect but I don't think he is above those guys. Any one of them could come out and put up big numbers depending on where they get drafted.

Yeah Cooper will be my #1 WR in this class no matter what happens leading up to April, but I could see the argument for the other two. Clearly the Top 3 imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back