2015 NFL Discussion - Preseason V3: suRG3ry In DC Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The face you make when you realize you've been bumped to 4th string

XLkJWKK.jpg

K7wiqaK.jpg

Am I just hater, or what? It's going to take more than Chip running his offense like he's pushing for a playoff spot, in the preseason, to make me buy into this "Yep, it's official Chip is a genius and Eagles are winning their first super bowl" hype?

Eagles Super Bowl odds just got bumped to 10/1

Chip
Chip
Chipadelphia

Am I just hater, or what? It's going to take more than Chip running his offense like he's pushing for a playoff spot, in the preseason, to make me buy into this "Yep, it's official Chip is a genius and Eagles are winning their first super bowl" hype?

They were 10-6 and did a complete overhaul on the weakest part of the team (secondary). Bradford also looks light years ahead of Foles/Sanchez/Vick.

Chip
Chip
Chipadelphia

CJ Anderson is a hard fucker to tackle. Took at least 2 people every time he ran the ball against the niners

5'9" 225

I'm not buying that he dropped weight in the offseason lol.

I feel the same way. Preseason means nothing.

Wow, Bills let FJax go:

Bills released RB Fred Jackson.
This one is a shocker. Jackson missed most of training camp with a hamstring injury, but showed he still had juice in his legs in the third preseason game, rushing five times for 48 yards and a touchdown. Releasing Jackson suggests the Bills are confident Karlos Williams (illness) and LeSean McCoy (hamstring) will be ready Week 1. An eight-year veteran, Jackson has been with Buffalo his entire career. He should get a long look from teams in need of veteran running back help. The Cowboys, Browns and Patriots could make some sense.

They were 10-6 and did a complete overhaul on the weakest part of the team (secondary). Bradford also looks light years ahead of Foles/Sanchez/Vick.

Chip
Chip
Chipadelphia

I don't expect them to be garbage, by any means. I Just don't think this is a good barometer, in the same way that I don't think that McFadden having two decent runs means the running game will be just as good as last year, as the theme seems to be after this last week of preseason games.

Eh, maybe it's just a deep rooted hatred speaking for me though.

Releasing Fjax doesnt seem all that surprising to me. Hes a constant injury liability.

That said, he can come to Oakland for a year as a rotational guy.

Releasing Fjax doesnt seem all that surprising to me. Hes a constant injury liability.

That said, he can come to Oakland for a year as a rotational guy.

Well just figured they'd keep him since it seems every other RB on that team is hurt. Hopefully it means Shady's injury is just not serious.

I thought Teddy Football looked pretty good. He had some awesome touch on a long one he threw to Mike Wallace, that dipped right over Brandon Carr's head. I can't even bitch about Carr on the play, he was in perfect position, that was just a damn good pass.

Denver traded Chris Clark to the Texans for a 7th rounder.

Strange, I figured they could use some depth on the line.

Damn, Bills cut Fred Jackson.

Wow, I didn't see that coming. I've grown to really like Jackson over the years. I hope a team with a RB need picks him up. He still has a year or two left in his legs, IMO. It wouldn't seem right seeing Jackson in anything but a Bills jersey, but I hope he gets one more chance. He deserves it.

Just a hater

DimpledElderlyHermitcrab.gif

Chip drops > dez drops

What I find funny now, back in 2013, I completely agreed with you. I was a fan of RGIII and thought he'd turn things around. Then, when Shanny tried to keep him off the field so soon after he tore up his knee, he tried to circumvent Shanny's decision and play the media off on his head coach. It was at that point the real RGIII showed up; immature and me-first player. It me a bit to see the truth, but RGIII was showing everyone when he'd try to play the media off on his coach.

There's blame to go around, but there's really no way to objectively deny just how poorly ran that team was in 2013. In the 15 years that I've been watching football, I've never seen such consistently bad playcalling. Every game it was: run Morris 15 times in the first half and go ahead and then completely forget the run game in the second half and just drop RGIII back on 5-7 steps behind a porous o-line and watch him get killed. At one point, I remember them calling a designed endzone fade to fucking 5'10 Santana Moss on a 4th and goal. They limited their entire play to that one route and it cost them the game.

It's only preseason...

But goddamn, Shaq Barrett has been killing it.

Screen_Shot_2015-08-31_at_5.27.08_AM.0.png

Looks to be a great fill in at OLB.

I don't believe in Philly at all

FJax release should make every Shady owner on earth celebrate

edit: Jayrone The Sackmaster Elliott ranked above Justin Houston. No surprises there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back