2015 NFL Discussion - Preseason V3: suRG3ry In DC Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dude lol.

Tebow sucks.

wow, ok.
hope springs eternal as they say.
as a fan, it's important to stay optimistic I guess.

as a niner fan, I see my team going 7-9 and missing post season play altogether.
but then, that's optimistic.

Well, In 2011, Tebow was 7-4 during the season and 1-1 in the playoffs. He also had a bunch of comeback wins. So there is some precedence that a fan like me might think he could be part of a successful team if given the opportunity.

Of course, I don't expect you to agree. I just like Tebow. And I realize he may not ever take another NFL snap in the regular season.

4 years ago on a stacked team, still had awful numbers, and hasnt found a gig despite there being multiple teams dying for a QB.

I wanted Pryor to be a good QB too but he isnt one.

Well, In 2011, Tebow was 7-4 during the season and 1-1 in the playoffs. He also had a bunch of comeback wins. So there is some precedence that a fan like me might think he could be part of a successful team if given the opportunity.

Of course, I don't expect you to agree. I just like Tebow. And I realize he may not ever take another NFL snap in the regular season.

Those technically are all true, but the same can relatively be said for Vince Young on the Titans early in his career.

Record in terms of wins, doesn't negate his like worst completion percentage of all times and shit, nor his atrocious throwing motion or lack of ability to complete basic pro reads (deep out for one).

Trent Dilfer led to Ravens to a ring, but they also went the first 7 games w/o an offensive TD. it's called context

Those technically are all true, but the same can relatively be said for Vince Young on the Titans early in his career.

Record in terms of wins, doesn't negate his like worst completion percentage of all times and shit, nor his atrocious throwing motion or lack of ability to complete basic pro reads (deep out for one).

Trent Dilfer led to Ravens to a ring, but they also went the first 7 games w/o an offensive TD. it's called context

I understand. I want to see more of what we saw in 2011.

Still trips me out dilfer won a ring

Badass brad was thuggin with warren imo

that tampa 2 D, like BAL, carried him. although johnson was accurate. pretty funny that he and Weinke are sprinkled in amongst the rest of the FSU qbs (the athletic ones)

Speaking of VY, Young >>> Tebow.

Both in college and pros.

Previous version here.

Redskins are going with Kirk Cousins in week one. I'm not a fan of RGIII, but I still think he offers more upside on the field. Cousins was a train wreck his last few starts; the league caught up with him.

11891142_10100342000350988_5848668671878045532_n.jpg

11887996_10100346205523788_3667158744513141110_n.jpg

RG3 hasn't been the same since he tore his knee up. Hardly runs at all anymore and hasn't had much luck as a pocket passer.

RGKnee was the shit until they got him crippled. Pair that with the coach openly talking shit about him and a clusterfuck of turnover and here we are.

Yes he has a part in it, but the majority? Nah. Seahawks playoff game.

lol dude, whether it was in the Seattle playoff game or week 10 of the following season, RGIII was going to be exposed. You can't have a running back as a quarterback. Eventually, he's going to take a hit and he'll always be more susceptible to injuries. The playoff game you speak of only expedited the inevitable.

I see these excuses and they're all pretty familiar. They're what Titans fans were saying about Jake Locker circa 2013. We wanted to believe he was a franchise quarterback, but we were blind to the fact he wasn't. The same is true with RGIII.

The Shanahans were a train wreck in 2013. They both deserved to be canned, especially Kyle.

What I find funny now, back in 2013, I completely agreed with you. I was a fan of RGIII and thought he'd turn things around. Then, when Shanny tried to keep him off the field so soon after he tore up his knee, he tried to circumvent Shanny's decision and play the media off on his head coach. It was at that point the real RGIII showed up; immature and me-first player. It took me a bit to see the truth, but RGIII was showing everyone when he'd try to play the media off on his coach.

He just wants to win

posted in the last thread, but this is going off the schefter post. Was reading that Schefter has no real credibility when it comes to news about the redskins as he pretty much burned all his bridges there when shanahan left. then again this was just off the redskins reddit page so who knows if that's true.

The NFC West this year may have the worst collection of O-Lines ever assembled.

It's Tom Coughlin's 69th birthday.

webgiantsbothback30s-1-web.jpg

Damn, Bills cut Fred Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back