2015 GRACIE NATIONALS (Javi Vazquez vs Garry Tonon - Sub only, NTL)

SBJ

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

10864775_997635123599210_749656390_n.jpg

1511434_10205876586184273_6583919714251856007_n.jpg

safe_image.php

Last edited:
man tonon is showing up everywhere.

good for him though, i like his style.

Very excited for this match. Used to train with Javi and he has impeccable defense so this match will be good and tonon is a name and one of the best guys competing right now so it is a win-win.

I saw javi go against someone at Gracie worlds this summer when a bb needed an opponent. He wasn't even planning on competing, but he won that match effortlessly.

He definitely had an old school Gracie approach though. Was very relaxed and playing pure defense for a good 15 minutes letting the opponent tire out.

Will be interesting to see his approach with tonon since tonon is very high octane

I don't follow Gracie Nationals. Am I missing out?

Careful, Javi has bad knees I hear. Also Garry has been much more active over the past, well, 5 years. And he's notoriously hard to submit. But Javi is damn good, and I'm interested to see it either way.

kinda off-topic, but i remember back in the day i had a video of vasquez rolling with someone in his academy, and i remember my mind being blown by how slick both of them were. i can't remember anything other than it was a nogi roll, on blue mats with some rap music in the background.

first time i saw vasquez, and it was an incredible display of skill.

does anyone know what i'm talking about?

Javi is too playful nowadays. I want the smashing Javi that dismantled Glover back

kinda off-topic, but i remember back in the day i had a video of vasquez rolling with someone in his academy, and i remember my mind being blown by how slick both of them were. i can't remember anything other than it was a nogi roll, on blue mats with some rap music in the background.

first time i saw vasquez, and it was an incredible display of skill.

does anyone know what i'm talking about?

I believe it was Javi against Mario Reis no gi. Reis is a multiple time world champion black belt and still places in the mundials. The transitions in that training session were amazing. I do not think that video is online any more

..video of vasquez rolling with someone in his academy, and i remember my mind being blown by how slick both of them were. i can't remember anything other than it was a nogi roll, on blue mats with some rap music in the background..

man tonon is showing up everywhere.

good for him though, i like his style.

guys like Tonon and Keenan are carrying sub only events right now.

everyone else is in "dont lose" mode and think they're playing for points. annoys me how most dont go for it.

I believe it was Javi against Mario Reis no gi. Reis is a multiple time world champion black belt and still places in the mundials. The transitions in that training session were amazing. I do not think that video is online any more

i google'd it and you're right. i ran into this thread, and a few other sites linking to the google videos URL. of course, it isn't there anymore.

i can't believe something so awesome could just disappear from the internet. nothing disappears from the internet, man!

Back