2015 Bilzerian Douche Bag's Overhead Log

This years Spartan from last sunday.

29qidmp.jpg

Played my first ultimate Frisbee game yesterday and I felt like a kid again. I haven't had to sprint repeatedly since I stopped playing in the USTFL in my mid 20's. The good thing is I'm in shape enough to always be sprinting to make up for my slow speed. The bad thing is I am slower than ever and really friggin sore right now. I'm excited about having a new goal for my conditioning.

I love playing ultimate frisbee. There's a group of expats here that get together once a week so I try to hit that up.

When I was in university there was a super serious ultimate frisbee team at the school, I knew those guys really well and we/them trained like an actual team, it was cool.

The rec league has some players who are a little overly competitive for a league that exists for people who have never played this game in their lives. Easier to be top dog here than in the competitive league with all the pressure I guess. I can see myself playing competitive maybe if I go all OC on this. But playing to win would probably defeat the purpose of me killing some anxiety.

I'm definitely going to try to get back into the flag football league this fall.

This is a temporary setup. I want to make sure the whole rope thing works before I get a multi truss hanger. The plan is to do no legs with the knots and then without the knots. Practice leg work before a race. Excuse the clutter in my garage, I'm re arranging things.

t0pb4m.jpg

looks like a sweet set up man.

6/4

Block Cleans
5x2x80

Snatch Position Pulls
5x2x50

Front Squat
2x3x70

6/9
Squat
5x5x132 Belt PR

Legs felt like jelly after the 4th set but pulled it out.

Clean and Jerk
3x20
2x2x40
1x50
1x60
1x70

we will see how the elbow feels tomorrow
Clean
1x90
3x92

Not horrific. Less jump back than before.

Snatch High Pull
5x2x40

I wore my polar m400 at yesterdays ultimate Frisbee an I ran nearly 2.5 miles during two 40min quarters with only six, two min time outs available to each team. Since time doesn't stop and we have a small time I'm getting a lot of field time in. I love it and already this week my sprint stamina and speed were much better than last week. I would like to get to 2.5miles+ per game. This is way better than just going to the track and sprinting.

The only way I can go hand over hand right now on that rope is by doing inverted rows with it.

I'm also playing two pick-up games of ultimate now. You ain't training till you're over training.

So despite less than ideal circumstances and not touching anything over 132 in the past 3-4 weeks, I hit a pr squat

Squat
3x5x20
2x5x70
2x100
1x120
1x140
1x150
1x160
1x165 PR

[YT]sQ99GO2VcAk[/YT]

I got horribly out of position and I think the bar stopped moving at one point but I refused to be pinned. Good example of what a squat should not look like but a PR.

Clean and Jerk
2x1x90

Power Jerk
4x2x50
2xx2x60

Sorry that I haven't been logging everyone. I was winging it for a while and now I'm on an oly routine. I've been busy, so focus has not been there.

Snatch
95 lbs x 1
115 lbs x 1
135 lbs x 1
155 lbs x 1
165 lbs x 1
175 lbs x 1
150 lbs x 1 x 6 sets

Clean and Jerk
150 lbs x 1
185 lbs x 1
205 lbs x 1
225 lbs x 1
245 lbs x 1
255 lbs x 1
215 lbs x 1 x 4 sets

Front Squats
225 lbs x 1
275 lbs x 1
310 lbs x 3 x 3 sets

Power Jerk
3x3x20
2x2x40
2x50
2x60
3x2x70

Felt meh, but it is to be expected. Came in at 163 for this workout (FUCK)

Block Clean and Jerk
5x3x20
2x2x40
2x50
2x60
1x70
1x80
2x0x90 Got pulled forward and missed
4x1x90 Better and better. As long as I can keep my feet balanced

Jerk from Blocks
3x70
3x2x80

Power Snatch from Hip
about 25 repsx20
4x2x40

Not happy with technique. Overall though happy to be putting weights overhead again, elbow feels alright, and I was even able to do an overhead squat with pvc. Progress.

Going on week four of frisbee and I'm actually slower now. Yeah boy just you guys wait till middle age. Shit sucks.

I entered the competition with 52,5 kg. Started with starting strength and managed to get 50 kg for 4 reps. Will test for new max tomorrow. Aiming for 57,5 kg. If it succeeds I will do an attempt for 60 kg.

The Comp officially ended yesterday. I've put up a Thread in the Main so the other Teams can post their Totals.

Good luck.

So how much Improvement did you Douche Bags make?:icon_chee

150 to 165. I feel like I could attempt 185 but wrecking with the bar behind my neck doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

Just hit 55 kg. So thats an increase of 2,5 kg. Not very much but bodyweight is about 5 kg's lower then when I started :p. 57,5 kg didn't want to go past my eyes.

Completely forgot about the deadline and fucked the dog. Sorry gents. I will buy each and every one of you a pint.

Back