2015/16 Prem League Discussion v4: We just need time to gel imo Edition

Fair ehough.

So you still feel like Arsenal dont need a dmf?

Don't think I said that we don't need one. I've just not been crying out for the ones that you've mentioned and offered reasons as to why we may have passed up on them they may have preferred to go to another club.

Having an extra DM on the bench isn't why we lost that game.

I've also been saying we should get another striker, but don't know who Wenger has lined up.

Don't think I said that we don't need one. I've just not been crying out for the ones that you've mentioned and offered reasons as to why we may have passed up on them they may have preferred to go to another club.

Having an extra DM on the bench isn't why we lost that game.

I've also been saying we should get another striker, but don't know who Wenger has lined up.
Might been some other Arsenal fan then. You are right, we dont know if Arsenal was even after certain players or if they turned down Arsenal. Players like Kongobia and Bacca. But still they would been good signings for Arsenal.

Who said anything about extra DM on the bench? I am talking about a dmf that goes straight to the first 11 and Coq goes to bench.

Well Benzema seems to be leaving Real and last 2 summers Wenger did buy an elite player from Real and Barca soooo:icon_twis

Might been some other Arsenal fan then. You are right, we dont know if Arsenal was even after certain players or if they turned down Arsenal. Players like Kongobia and Bacca. But still they would been good signings for Arsenal.

Who said anything about extra DM on the bench? I am talking about a dmf that goes straight to the first 11 and Coq goes to bench.

Well Benzema seems to be leaving Real and last 2 summers Wenger did buy an elite player from Real and Barca soooo:icon_twis

Coquelin was amazing last season and has been with us for years. It would make little sense and would send a negative message for other coming through the ranks, for us to drop him. You guys do that all of the time and have had great success buying new guys in every season, but that's just not how we operate.

What makes you say Benzema is definitely leaving?

CW made a good point about Coq, he's always had Cazorla next to him, so if he did win the ball, he can easily pass it to him who can then use his quick feet to get out of trouble and start a counter.

With Coq being next to Ramsey, it sort of disrupted that as he didn't really have someone to pass to because Ramsey likes going forward

whoa just saw watford fielded 11 players with 11 different nationalities

has that happened before they did it??

Feo & all the other subs had a post match training session too, not just Alexis. Standard procedure because they dont get to play a reserve game.

Collymore spoke about it yesterday. Happens at every Club.

Maureen going mad GFY

Maureen going mad GFY

1376865920050365800.gif

Also love Mou's reaction. More of that this season please :D

Was at the game, lucky me. Great atmosphere to start, but after 15 minutes or so, you could just tell that West Ham looked physically superior and more determined. I still thought we'd be able to weather the storm, but Cech's (and the high line's) error was always going to make it tougher. I do think that the Man U, L'Pool and maybe Chelsea teams that we saw this weekend would have also struggled with that West Ham team, but that's all conjecture.

A few things that I took away:

1. Santi is REALLY not suited to the left. He did a job there 2 seasons ago, but didn't look great. Wenger perhaps should have bunged Aaron on the right and Ox on the left, but I hear from a mate at the club that Ramsey really doesn't want to play there anymore.

2. Ox, while having a lot of potential going forwards, gives the ball away in dangerous positions far too often. I can think of three goals in the last 6 months that have been the direct result of him giving the ball away at the worst time possible. Monaco, Everton Friendly and Hammers. This is why I was saying to Lil M that he cannot play centrally, at least while he still does that.

3. Not having Santi as an immediate outlet hampered Coq's game. Ramsey is often on the move and it left a lot more responsibility on his shoulders.

4. Debuchy looks very immobile. That injury hit season has not been kind to him. Poor crosses and struggled to keep hold of the ball.

5. Per always seems to start the season slowly and look better as the season kicks on, but he looked a bit of a liability. A better striker would have had him for lunch.

After the game, had a lot of beers with the lads and it wasn't all doom and gloom, more giving props to West Ham and Bilic. They won't be able to play like that every game and will run themselves into the ground at some point, but they did what Besiktas (manged by Bilic) almost did to us around this time last year.

All in all, a bad day, but not the end of the world. Perhaps it's come at a good time and lets Wenger and the board know that more work needs to be done?

Me coming to the canteen at work this morning felt a bit like:

Cersei-Walk-of-Shame-GIF-1434675243.gif

The shame fam, the shame.
Quality read.

Good to see you've dropped the Monday AM HL reel & statbuster gimmick on GirouD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back