>>>>2014 NBA Off-Season Thread, v13: Superhero Kawhi Leonard Edition<<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duran't Admits he can't palm the ball

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235061/Durant-Admits-He-Cant-Palm-NBA-Basketball

Jesus

Can't bench press 200 pounds... can't palm a ball... dude has to be the weakest A level athlete in the NBA
I believe it. In fact, looking at the pic jrams posted, I totally see it. He's using grip strength to palm those balls. Look at the space between his palms and the ball. There's a significant gap. Now look at pics of Jordan/Shaq palming the ball. It's like a softball to Shaq. No gap. I can palm the Wilson (NCAA) Solution/Evolution balls with ease. I could dribble palm them with my weak hand. They have incredible grip. I'm a big man, not a ballhandler, so the Solution is by far my favorite ball. Most high schools use the Spalding TF-1000, and those take a while to break in, but I can grip them once they are.

The NBA balls take like a fucking year to break in, and even then, it was extremely difficult to palm them with my strong hand. They're rock hard leather. There was always some random 30-something tard lawyer who would appear on the courts of NYU who would bring in a brand new Spalding Official NBA ball, and then get his feelings hurt when everyone was like, "This ball fucking sucks, dude," and start talking about how he paid $90 for it.

"Don't care, pudge, it fucking sucks."

I believe it. In fact, looking at the pic jrams posted, I totally see it. He's using grip strength to palm those balls. Look at the space between his palms and the ball. There's a significant gap. Now look at pics of Jordan/Shaq palming the ball. It's like a softball to Shaq. No gap.

It all depends on your definition. Very few guys who could palm is like MJ, Hawkins, Vince, Dr. J, etc. but I'd bet the majority of NBA players could palm a ball not in game situation. As Kobe said a while ago, he could palm it but not comfortably in a game and control it or pick it up off the dribble like MJ and Dr. J does.

It all depends on your definition. Very few guys who could palm is like MJ, Hawkins, Vince, Dr. J, etc. but I'd bet the majority of NBA players could palm a ball not in game situation. As Kobe said a while ago, he could palm it but not comfortably in a game and control it or pick it up off the dribble like MJ and Dr. J does.
Definitely. Agreed. I think the "strength" of a palm is something that the sports press- including sites like ESPN- often negligently overlook. They just say "palm" and people think it's all the same thing.

Fuck who did I make an av bet with that Koobe would be shooting under 44% fg by christmass with? Bern also looking extremely skinny/unexplosive. Looking like a shade of his former self before his first year in the NBA a few months after they announce they are testing for HGH. LOL. Legacy just got LeTarnished.

LMAO. You took that ill advised AV/SIG bet vs me, and it's under 43%. Anything over 43% and I win.

Wilson evolutions are the best balls and its not close. Wide channels, good texture, non slippery.

Every other school I played in HS used Spalding TF 1000s. Fuck those slippery ass things

Wilson evolutions are the best balls and its not close. Wide channels, good texture, non slippery.

Every other school I played in HS used Spalding TF 1000s. Fuck those slippery ass things
I prefer the Solutions to the Evolutions (former= Official NCAA gameball, latter= Official NCAA Practice Ball), but overlooking that tiny quibble...

c02e.gif

Wilson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spalding.

All fucking day.

i prefer wilson too, spalding feels like a red baboon ass. nike makes a pretty decent ball too at a fair price. grippy balls are great for control and catching passes and whatnot, but i've played with super grippy ones that really effected my shot. shit wouldn't roll off my fingers it felt weird.

I prefer the Solutions to the Evolutions (former= Official NCAA gameball, latter= Official NCAA Practice Ball), but overlooking that tiny quibble...

c02e.gif

Wilson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spalding.

All fucking day.

The Solution is better you're totally right. But I used evolutions in HS, and was only on the SDSU practice team so I didnt use Solutions much.

I still have an Evolution from HS that I only use indoors and its still legit. I graduated in 2001 haha

Wow, that PS4 must be something else if you guys can feel the ball from your couch

also unless i feel like it, i wont make regular season threads so you guys can exhale. Regular season is for Bucks, Knicks, Kings, etc. fans, not for fans of teams with a championship or bust mentality

I wonder how many more times Hunter is going to remind us he was on the SDSU practice squad.

lol i wonder if he ever met kawhi leonard? to be fair sdsu practice squad is pretty legit

I know. I guess if I would have been that good to be on their squad I would be reminding everyone as well

probably not actually

true, just goes to show you how humble bd is. played at the highest level yet you hardly ever hear a peep from him about it

I know. I wonder why BD hasn't blessed us with countless stories of him going up against the top D-1 players across the country. He must be saving those for his grandkids.

Amazing that he moved out of cali to wherever yet the rec team stayed in tact with him being player/coach, impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back