2014 MLB Draft

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you looking forward to the draft? The Houston Astros have the first pick this year. The draft will air on the MLB Network.

Hoping for a HS pitcher to SF

We need Alex's expert analysis in here.

Jays have been linked to 3 names.

Toussaint - RHP
Turner - SS
Hoffman - RHP

Hoffman is a top 5 talent, but just had Tommy John. Worth the risk imo. Him and Turner would be my choices at 9 and 11.

I trust AA though.

Wonder if Toronto is actually going to sign their 1st round pick this year

Hope so. If AA doesn't wanna pay what they ask, I trust he's making the right decision.

Money isn't really an issue anymore for the Jays.

I just cant ever get excited for it like I do NFL and NBA. Probably because they dont contribute for a few years if at all.

Whatever, just hope the Brewers draft good players. Their scouting department should have been canned by now since they keep whiffing on 1st round picks since Jack Z went to Seattle so we'll see.

Don't really care about players I won't see for four or five years in the pros.

Didnt realize the blue jays still existed

I think KC has four picks in the top 50 or 60.

That's a lot of talented guys to not develop.

Jays have been linked to 3 names.

Toussaint - RHP
Turner - SS
Hoffman - RHP

Hoffman is a top 5 talent, but just had Tommy John. Worth the risk imo. Him and Turner would be my choices at 9 and 11.

I trust AA though.

AA better sign whoever he drafts. That's all I know.

@keithlaw: I'm hearing the @astros will take @bradyaiken10 with the first overall pick in the #MLBDraft2014

I just cant ever get excited for it like I do NFL and NBA. Probably because they dont contribute for a few years if at all.

Whatever, just hope the Brewers draft good players. Their scouting department should have been canned by now since they keep whiffing on 1st round picks since Jack Z went to Seattle so we'll see.

They reached big time this year in my opinion. Took a hs kid who is going to wind up in the pen.

Dont know much about Chavis but when i saw they grabbed a SS i rolled my eyes because they have far too many infield prospects, but they say he is versatile and could end up in the outfield, sounds like he'll fit right in.

some interesting late round picks:

Ryan Ripken (Cal's son) - 15th round by the Nats
Johnny Manziel 28th round by the Padres

also Bobby Bonilla's son, Charlie Liebrandt's son, Mariano River' son , Todd Zeile's nephew and Lenny Dykstra's other son Luke were selected

Manziel of course will never play and these later round picks probably will never make it to the big leagues with the exception of maybe Liebrandt and Zeile who were drafted higher but it's interesting to see.

That'd be fucking amazing if Mariano's son made it to the bigs with the Yankees.

That'd be fucking amazing if Mariano's son made it to the bigs with the Yankees.

he was selected the 29th round so its a long shot but then again so was Piazza. Also they say he doesn't throw a cutter yet so if his dad could teach him that, that may be all he needs

he was selected the 29th round so its a long shot but then again so was Piazza. Also they say he doesn't throw a cutter yet so if his dad could teach him that, that may be all he needs

LOL I'm shocked he doesn't. I'll be keeping my eye on him for sure. Same with Shawn Dunston and Delino Deshields' kids.

wow brady aiken the top pick signs for 6.5 million, tied for the highest by a high school pitcher ever.

Back