2014: All American Champs? ('cept GSP)

Aside from perhaps GSP, I do not foresee there being any other champs but Americans. Let's take a look at the divisions as of now

Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez
Light Heavyweight: Jon Jones
Middleweight: Anderson Silva
Welterweight: Georges St-Pierre
Lightweight: Ben Henderson
Featherweight: Jose Aldo
Bantamweight: Renan Barao (ic)
Flyweight: Demetrius Johnson

The color codes are as followed:

Green: No danger of losing
Blue: Slight risk of losing
Orange: Very possible to lose
Red: Strong chance to lose

As you can see, the only people I feel are locks for their division are Jon Jones and George St-Pierre. Also, while Lightweight and Flyweight are Blue, you must realize that the only threats to the belt are Americans.

Jose Aldo and Anderson Silva, while outstanding fighters, are at a bigger risk than any other champ. Aldo is dealing with former LW champion and p4p ranked Frankie Edgar, who will be fighting at a weight class similar to his actual size. Anderson is dealing with the inevitable effects of old age, as well as his potentially biggest test to date in Chris Weidman.

Renan Barao, while considered the Interim Champion now, has two very big tests that I personally feel he cannot pass: Mayday and Cruz. The former can KO him and the latter will defeat him 50-45, 49-46 at worst IMO. He's a placeholder currently.

So basically, I see the next year looking like this:

Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez (I feel he beats Overeem via pressure)
Light Heavyweight: Jon Jones
Middleweight: Chris Weidman
Welterweight: Georges St-Pierre
Lightweight: Ben Henderson / Gray Maynard / Michael Chandler (all have potential to be number 1 now)
Featherweight: Frankie Edgar
Bantamweight: Dominick Cruz (king returns)
Flyweight: John Dodson (hopefully)

:)

Quite a lot of effort for a troll thread.

You left Ronda Rousey off the list....

Why are you so concerned about 2014...

you really think GSP can't be beaten by Nick Diaz.
Nick Diaz won that with 1,2,5 against Condit and was one of the biggest robberys of the decade. Condit almost beat GSP so Nick should be able to do what Condit couldn't. he will walk in avoid takedowns and knock out GSP and reclaim what was rightfully his before being unjustifiably robbed.

you really think GSP can't be beaten by Nick Diaz.
Nick Diaz won that with 1,2,5 against Condit and was one of the biggest robberys of the decade. Condit almost beat GSP so Nick should be able to do what Condit couldn't. he will walk in avoid takedowns and knock out GSP and reclaim what was rightfully his before being unjustifiably robbed.

For Nick Diaz to walk in, avoid take downs and knock out GSP he would require footwork, TDD and power.

He possesses none of those qualities.

For Nick Diaz to walk in, avoid take downs and knock out GSP he would require footwork, TDD and power.

He possesses none of those qualities.

maybe if your boy Condit didn't wake up in the morning and decide to run a marathon he would have been able to show his skill set.

Quite a lot of effort for a troll thread.

White belt threads are troll threads >50% of the time. Whether they even aim to troll or not. While this isn't the worst case I still believe White Belts shouldn't be allowed to start threads. (especially with colors :wink: )

maybe if your boy Condit didn't wake up in the morning and decide to run a marathon he would have been able to show his skill set.

Bro I'm a big fan of your Overeem posts. Stick to those and leave Diaz's nuts to be.

White belt threads are troll threads >50% of the time. Whether they even aim to troll or not. While this isn't the worst case I still believe White Belts shouldn't be allowed to start threads. (especially with colors :wink: )

You should really change your avatar to a picture more representative of modern day BJ Penn.

Perhaps Campbells soup?

Bro I'm a big fan of your Overeem posts. Stick to those and leave Diaz's nuts to be.

You should really change your avatar to a picture more representative of modern day BJ Penn.

Perhaps Campbells soup?

Soup doesn't get you looking like BJ dude. That's burgers
Why don't you put a more representative of picture of Dominic Cruz, or his knee... oh wait!

Even you don't believe that.

That round was the definition of 10-8. Hominick was in advantageous position the whole time and badly outlanded Aldo.

Aldo had to take Hominick down in the fourth because he was getting outstruck btw. Hardly an ass rape.

The Hominick fight was over a year and a half ago, and Aldo dominated the first 4 rounds. Your lack of objectivity is staggering, even for Sherdog.

As for Silva, he will keep his title longer than GSP. Just sayin'...

The Hominick fight was over a year and a half ago, and Aldo dominated the first 4 rounds. Your lack of objectivity is staggering, even for Sherdog.

As for Silva, he will keep his title longer than GSP. Just sayin'...

Listen man, I know you hate white people and worship Japanese fighters, but you need to accept that trying to talking up Brazilians just because they're not white WON'T make **** better fighters. Brazilians, although not white, are actually good fighters, something the Japanese aren't.

Sory :icon_chee

I predict that in 2014 there will be:
at least 3 American champions
at least 1 Canadian champion
at least 1 Brazilian champion

My prediction is entirely based on the market and I don't know who they will be, so I will not give names.

Wanna bet, TS?

Fair enough - Silva will be approaching 40 by the end of 2014 and everyone goes down hill eventually.

henderson.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Frankie will take of Aldo early in the year, and is Silva stops ducking Weidman, they'll fight by late 2013. So yeah, I can see it happening.

Stopped reading after Anderson being in red

holy sh't! edgar is p4p ranked? aldo better be careful. that will somehow make the fight more difficult? :rolleyes:

Listen man, I know you hate white people and worship Japanese fighters, but you need to accept that trying to talking up Brazilians just because they're not white WON'T make **** better fighters. Brazilians, although not white, are actually good fighters, something the Japanese aren't.

Sory :icon_chee

a lot of brazilians are white. are you honestly this daft?

holy sh't! edgar is p4p ranked? aldo better be careful. that will somehow make the fight more difficult? :rolleyes:

I bet you're one of those guys who goes into every Aldo thread, regardless of its topic, and go "ALDO VIA MURDER."

As an American, do you find sucking the balls of Brazilian fighters to be something you're proud of? Serious question.

Back