2014: All American Champs? ('cept GSP)

He just signed a 10 fight contract, so I don't see retirement soon for him.

Also sure he is getting older but hasn't shown anything to make us think he is slowing down.

Anderson will not lose to Weidman....

You were also rooting for JDS...

I don't think Anderson Silva has a good chance to lose. He's beaten pretty much ever style that has come at him. The fights of Weidman that I have seen don't scream the demise of Anderson Silva.

Aside from perhaps GSP, I do not foresee there being any other champs but Americans. Let's take a look at the divisions as of now

Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez

82008077.jpg

i know weidman is hot shit right now but how many times have we seen these prospects get Vera'd within 2 years

It seems you spent a lot of time preparing a thread that has no meaning. All UFC champs are citizens of Planet Earth.

Jesus Christ.

This is even worse than an "all are champ Brazilians" thread.

Aside from perhaps GSP, I do not foresee there being any other champs but Americans. Let's take a look at the divisions as of now

Middleweight: Anderson Silva

The color codes are as followed:

Red: Strong chance to lose

Anderson Silva, while outstanding fighters, are at a bigger risk than any other champ. as well as his potentially biggest test to date in Chris Weidman.

So basically, I see the next year looking like this:
Middleweight: Chris Weidman

:)

happy-mask1.gif%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D159

Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez
Light Heavyweight: Jon Jones
Middleweight: Anderson Silva
Welterweight: Georges St-Pierre
Lightweight: Ben Henderson
Featherweight: Jose Aldo
Bantamweight: Renan Barao (ic)
Flyweight: Demetrius Johnson

The color codes are as followed:

Green: No danger of losing
Blue: Slight risk of losing
Orange: Very possible to lose
Red: Strong chance to lose

As you can see, the only people I feel are locks for their division are Jon Jones and George St-Pierre. Also, while Lightweight and Flyweight are Blue, you must realize that the only threats to the belt are Americans.

Jose Aldo and Anderson Silva, while outstanding fighters, are at a bigger risk than any other champ. Aldo is dealing with former LW champion and p4p ranked Frankie Edgar, who will be fighting at a weight class similar to his actual size. Anderson is dealing with the inevitable effects of old age, as well as his potentially biggest test to date in Chris Weidman.

Renan Barao, while considered the Interim Champion now, has two very big tests that I personally feel he cannot pass: Mayday and Cruz. The former can KO him and the latter will defeat him 50-45, 49-46 at worst IMO. He's a placeholder currently.

So basically, I see the next year looking like this:

Heavyweight: Cain Velasquez (I feel he beats Overeem via pressure)
Light Heavyweight: Jon Jones
Middleweight: Chris Weidman
Welterweight: Georges St-Pierre
Lightweight: Ben Henderson / Gray Maynard / Michael Chandler (all have potential to be number 1 now)
Featherweight: Frankie Edgar
Bantamweight: Dominick Cruz (king returns)
Flyweight: John Dodson (hopefully)

:)

Pointless

2014 champs are

hw: werdum
lhw: hendo
mw: silva
ww: gsp or hendricks by lucky punch
lw: bendo or motivated penn ;-)
fw: frankie

I don't think Anderson should be red but anyone who doesn't realize that Silva is at the age that you can fall out of prime overnight hasn't been following combat sports for long and Cain only a blue when there are 2 very strong contenders waiting for their title shot... 1 who has already beat him in the past?

2014 champs are

hw: werdum
lhw: hendo
mw: silva
ww: gsp or hendricks by lucky punch
lw: bendo or motivated penn ;-)
fw: frankie

Bantamweight and flyweight?

No, but with his old age, Anderson's throne is definitely in danger, even if he doesn't lose a fight. Retirement is coming soon for him.

AS just signed a 10 fight contract so he's not planning on leaving soon BUT i think he loses before retiring

Is that a joke?
Most likely to lose are Cain, Barao and Ben Henderson
Cain is a HW(1 punch changes everything), was already KOed before by other top guy is facing probably Overeem and JDS again.
Barao is facing Dominick Cruz.
Ben Henderson is fighting at LW, LW is stacked, already lost to other top contender Pettis who he is probably facing soon again

Anderson is old sure but he only got 1 worthy contender in Weidman, he would dispatch the others without trouble, bisping lol.

All champions are already from the Americas right now, which means they are all Americans.

The word American is not unique to citizens of the United States. It would have been better if the US had found a unique name for their population.

Funny how Cain Velasquez just turn into un unbeatable god. Are you joe rogan ?

Back