2014-2015 Green Bay Packers: Our Raahgaahs, Who Art In Green Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Nolan dude compared Davante to Crabtree in his scouting report. I think that's decently accurate.

I think that Nolan dude compared Davante to Crabtree in his scouting report. I think that's decently accurate.

Sheppherd that they just picked up from the Ravens was making some noise at practice today, he's a big dude, preseason games should be interesting. WR is the last position I'm worried about

Family night is tonight, always found it cool that the stadium would sell out for basically a glorified practice. Its on tv idk the channel though.

Sucks about Franklin. All time leading rusher in UCLA history, showed a lot of promise, and gets cut down in his rookie year.

Thats terrible.

Agreed. Read the other day that they gave him a job with the team, nice to see theyre taking care of him either way.

Davante is very James Jones-esque but with surer hands and quicker feet. Doesn't have that extra gear but uses his body well and is quick in space. Good jump ball receiver with very strong hands. A competitor through and through.

Just saw this from a couple days ago, I would say "strong hands" is a solid assessment

n5JXa6s.gif

I like this Rajion Neal guy. He runs hard

Didn't watch the whole game but was impressed by Neal and starks.

Takes some weight off Rodgers and lacy's shoulders.

Didn't see much from Ha'sean but look forward to the next game.

alright boys, im back for another season, thinking about even changing the Av to something packer related. Got a good feeling about our schedule this year.

alright boys, im back for another season, thinking about even changing the Av to something packer related. Got a good feeling about our schedule this year.

Starting off by beating the SB champs won't be bad.

I loved that sack from Haha, he already tackles better and than any safety last year and covers better than most of them

Get ready Green Bay.

Monsters of the Midway going to be eating some cheese this year.

aPAZuA4.jpg

This doesnt mean a ton, but Pff rated the top 5 players per position so far in the preseason and a few Packers made it.

5. Blake Bortles, JAX and Scott Tolzien, GB: +4.8

Breakdown: Two men tied for fifth and both putting pressure on the man ahead of them. For Bortles he’s asking questions of those who thought redshirting his rookie year would be the best option, showing poise in the pocket and a level of accuracy that Blaine Gabbert never reached. While in Green Bay Tolzien is at least putting some pressure on Matt Flynn who seemed to have the backup job sown up.

Signature Stat: Our Adjusted Accuracy Completion Signature Stat (which counts drops as completions and ignores throwaways, spikes etc) has Tolzien (83.8%) ranked joint first and Bortles (81%) fifth out of 33 qualifying quarterbacks.

2.T.J. Lang, GB: +5.8

Breakdown: After having success moving from left guard to right guard last season, Lang continues to excel in his new home. He is also perfect in pass protection while tying for second with a +3.9 grade in the run game.

Signature Play: Early in the first quarter against the Oakland Raiders, Lang tossed defensive tackle Pat Sims to the side, making for an easy 3rd-and-1 conversion for running back James Starks.

3. Corey Linsley, GB: +3.7

Breakdown: Only Vikings’ backup center Joe Berger has a higher run blocking grade than Linsley whose biggest blip came with a pair of penalties against the Rams a week ago. A busy preseason of work has seen the Packers send 45 carries off the shoulder of their centers and Linsley’s strong run blocking has helped them average 4.4 yards per carry on those runs.

Signature Play: GB@SL, Q3 04:46. Linsley takes control of a block on Deantre Harlen, driving the Rams’ DLT back nearly 5 yards before dumping him on his back to open a clear path for Michael Hill.

^encouraging since Tretter is hurt

1. Davon House, GB, +6.6

Breakdown: House is a player who has been pressed into starting action for Green Bay in the past and has had games of excellent play. Inconsistency has been his issue in the past but all three of his preseason games so far have earned positive grades.

Signature Stat: The +4.5 grade he earned for his performance against the Raiders is the highest grade we have given for a corner for a single preseason game so far thanks to three PDs on seven targets. He surrendered just three catches for 15 yards in the game

Also Bradford is practicing at ILB today, fucking finally. Apparently hes having a shit camp and would probably be cut he wasnt a 4th round pick, maybe he'll play better there.

Worried about the loss of Tretter. Hoping Linsley can do something positive, gotta deal with that Seattle D in the first goddamn game. I dunno

imo thats a worse injury than Raji's even if he doesnt miss the season. They play more nickel than the base 3-4 so missing a NT isnt a big deal. Tretter hasnt played a down but he was groomed to start for months already. At least their best 2 lineman are the guards so maybe that will help him out.

Yeah Raji was a useless fuck last season, Tretter was necessary

I'm not too worried Linsley actually has way more center experience and it's not like he's never played in front of a hostile crowd. He did great when Ohio St. Played at U of M

Next Thursday needs to get here.

My body is ready

The game I'm looking forward to the most besides the opener is NE later on in the season. I think it's the first regular season meeting between Rodgers/Brady. The packers played the patriots the year they won the SB Rodgers missed the game because of a concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back