2014-2015 Green Bay Packers: Our Raahgaahs, Who Art In Green Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB should be addressed first. It is the priority, and maybe Kevin Johnson from Wake Forest gets drafted first. For MLB, I see us taking McKinney (Mississippi) over Anthony (Clemson) because of his versatility. Good run stopper, good rushing off the edge and also a good in coverage, which would be ideal for the Pack when running nickel and dime schemes.

I have no idea. We need ilb's and cb's. I feel like ilb is a far more glaring need, but I guess it comes down to what the best player available is

Also, Don Barclay is coming back. Fuck yeah

I have a strong feeling they trade back. Lot of guys they're interested in are either gonna be picked/still be there later. Just my gut feeling, unless there's an obvious player there. I'll be surprised if the first pick is anything besides a LB or CB.

Kipers latest mock today has Collins (LSU corner) getting drafted here, last 2 mocks he had Phillips but with Raji and Guion back that isn't as big of a need now.

Idk if speak or anyone else has seen tape on these guys but sounds like they really want a corner. Idk 2 of them but I really like what I've seen of Johnson

Not a huge fan. I'd like his value at 62, but not at 30. If we're going corner in the first, Johnson/Waynes/Peters are the only great values.

Who do you guys see us drafting with our first round pick this year?

I mean obviously the top needs are MLB, CB, TE and the D-line but imo the MLB and TE class this year is weak and none at either position are worthy of a first rounder

I think we should go for a CB in the first and I'm hoping that Marcus Peters falls to us because of character issues, the guy has the talent to be a starter opposite of Shields right away and could end up being the best CB in the draft

If we can't get him I think we should take Kevin Johnson if he's still available, he has the size to play on the outside and has solid man coverage skills although he will probably have to bulk up a little bit to deal with the strength of NFL wide receivers but could also potentially start right away

I could see us taking a high rated D-lineman or O-lineman if they fall to us but I really think that we need to address the hole at CB first, Hayward is decent as a slot corner but I don't have faith in him transitioning to the outside next year

Assuming no big names (like Waynes or Dupree) drop, my first round wish list would be:

1. Eric Kendricks
2. Kevin Johnson
3. Trade back
4. Stephone Anthony
5. Jordan Phillips

Also I wouldn't be surprised if they took a RB in the 4th or even 3rd if they go LB/CB the first two rounds. Tons of mid level depth there. Starks is a FA after the year and Harris is gone. Wouldn't call Lacy injury prone but with his running style + 2 concussions it would be nice to have a good long term backup just in case.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if they took a RB in the 4th or even 3rd if they go LB/CB the first two rounds. Tons of mid level depth there. Starks is a FA after the year and Harris is gone. Wouldn't call Lacy injury prone but with his running style + 2 concussions it would be nice to have a good long term backup just in case.

Add asthma to Lacey's list and I can't see him playing for a long time. Asthma can be exacerbated by cold dry air such as is present in Green Bay in the winter.

Who do you guys see us drafting with our first round pick this year?

I mean obviously the top needs are MLB, CB, TE and the D-line but imo the MLB and TE class this year is weak and none at either position are worthy of a first rounder

I think we should go for a CB in the first and I'm hoping that Marcus Peters falls to us because of character issues, the guy has the talent to be a starter opposite of Shields right away and could end up being the best CB in the draft

If we can't get him I think we should take Kevin Johnson if he's still available, he has the size to play on the outside and has solid man coverage skills although he will probably have to bulk up a little bit to deal with the strength of NFL wide receivers but could also potentially start right away

I could see us taking a high rated D-lineman or O-lineman if they fall to us but I really think that we need to address the hole at CB first, Hayward is decent as a slot corner but I don't have faith in him transitioning to the outside next year

I don't see TT drafting Marcus Peters in the first round. The "character issues" have to be pretty bad to get kicked off a college team, especially if he is a good player. Patriot gurus are talking about Peters falling to them. I just doesn't seem like a good idea to risk a number one pick on a guy with those issues. You would want to sign a guy like that to an incentive laden contract.

Sean Richardson sticking around

Kuuuuhhhnnn as well. Veteran's minimum ($870,000) plus workout and Pro Bowl bonuses

Meh, we got money

I think we'll still end up drafting Jalston Fowler, not sure Kuhn makes it through camp if we do

Did not think they would keep Richardson but it's a 1 year deal + cap space so whatever. Outside of the draft picks probably won't have anymore new players anyway.

Kuhn pretty much ensures a Super Bowl

2.55 for Richardson is steep, but I do really like him. It's a shame that Burnett's contract extends a year beyond next off-season. Richardson could be used to replace Burnett or leverage him into a more feasible contract.

Speak weren't you a Jesse James fan? Or might be confused with someone else

Bringing him in for a pre draft workout, might be a decent later pick

Speak weren't you a Jesse James fan? Or might be confused with someone else

Bringing him in for a pre draft workout, might be a decent later pick

Yeah, I like him, but only at a certain value. He's a big candidate to be overdrafted because of his measurables and the fact that he tested significantly faster than he plays. Depending on how the first three rounds pan out, I would be okay with him at 4.30. But I like Waller a bit more given the fact that he'll probably go a full round later than James and isn't as tight-hipped (the sad curse of the hard worker).

I don't know why some people are dogging this as a middling draft class. I see tons of value in the 3rd-5th, James and Waller included. I fucking wish we had a comp in the 3rd or 4th this year.

Last edited:
Gilbert Brown then

gilbert-brown.jpg

Gilbert Brown now

gilbert-brown-2015.jpeg

Fuck yeah, good for him

Gilbert Brown is a G

Lol @ Kipers mock, doesn't have GB picking a LB in the first 3 rounds. I would be legitimately upset if this happened (unless someone good fell)

CDJ4Y-zXIAI4ED3.jpg:large

16-0

edit- im gonna make a new thread, 2015 version

Glad they made the Seattle game in Lambeau this year. Whether it makes a difference or not, we were getting jipped when it came to game location.

It made no difference

and yeah mang, make a new thread. Season is almost upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back