2013 ibjjf rule changes

just want to say...
chris leben was a bjj white belt when he tapped out a judo black belt akiyama..

Chris Leben's been training and fighting professionally in MMA for how long now? I think he knows a thing or two about grappling and submissions.

It seems (I could be wrong) that reaping is an auto-DQ during a sub, but if it's a positional reap you get penalized and reset.

I attended a Referree course over the weekend and asked this exact question. Apparently reaping is still an auto-dq.

I attended a Referree course over the weekend and asked this exact question. Apparently reaping is still an auto-dq.

I got reaped pretty good at IBJJF Houston last weekend (positionally) and it was an auto-DQ.

I wonder if the slight rule change with the reset for reaping yourself might allow the refs some leaway and allow for more resets, the terere vs calasans match had terere reaping a bunch of times and was warned 1-2 times before finally getting DQed

Im confused I thought it was an auto DQ or lose if you are anything other than brazilian anyways????

I have no probs for these rules.

I never felt right competing at white with 15yrs in Judo behind me. Now, instead of lying that I"m blue I can actually use the rules.

How nice of them! :)

Torquing the knee isn't bad when you intentionally use it to injure your opponent if he doesn't give up the sweep. The rule should only be used to punish footlockers. The real bad guys!

This.

I have no probs for these rules.

I never felt right competing at white with 15yrs in Judo behind me. Now, instead of lying that I"m blue I can actually use the rules.

no, actually you won't be allowed to compete until you get your blue belt.

Back