2013 goals thread

Break all-time PR's in squat, strict press, bench press, and deadlift.

Bodyweight around 170.

Put 250 overhead.

Finish rehab for my back and run 5/3/1 for the whole year without stopping or switching.

My goal as well. If that happens I should be:
320lb Bench
415lb Squat
475lb Deadlift
195lb Press

Should be easily attainable if I just maintain some kind of consistency.

To hit all of the goals I missed in 2012.

I'm just getting into lifting, and just got myself a real barbell and weights for Christmas (have been lifting with a cheap standard bar and 210 lbs of weight, and now I have an oly bar and 300 lbs of weight, woo) so I'm planning on having lifting as a big focus for 2013.

My goals are:
Squat: 315
Deadlift: 350
Bench: 200
Press: 150

Currently I've done:
Squat: 200x3
Bench: 135x5
Press: 100x5
Deadlift: 210x5 (should have progressed further than this, but I ran out of weight...)

Started weightlifting around August 2012 and had trouble with the bar alone
Current weight: 185lbs
Squat: 105lbs
Bench Press: 65lbs
Overhead: 60lbs
Deadlift: 115lbs
Cardio - not strong

2013 goals
Weight: 150lbs
Squat: 150lbs
Bench Press: 100lbs
Overhead: 90lbs
Deadlift: 175lbs
Cardio - 30 minutes jogging at 8 miles/hr 4X/week

reach the 1000lbs club in the big 3. I think I may be within striking distance around May, that would be a good birthday present to myself.

Seems like the more people talk about goals they become just that: something you talk about instead of something you actually do. I try to keep most of my aspirations to myself and only share them with others once I've fully achieved them.

reach the 1000lbs club in the big 3. I think I may be within striking distance around May, that would be a good birthday present to myself.

Seems like the more people talk about goals they become just that: something you talk about instead of something you actually do. I try to keep most of my aspirations to myself and only share them with others once I've fully achieved them.

I on the other hand like telling people my goals, because I know they'll ask me, "hey, what happened to _____?" if I don't reach them. It's one way for me to hold myself accountable; I feel it's easier for me to fail at reaching a goal when I don't have to answer to anyone but myself.

One of the best consequences of filming a lot of training with voice-over commentary was that I was going to have to explain out loud to everyone--and to myself--why I wasn't making progress if I stalled out.

Keo what are your prs in bench, dl, and squat?

I want to reach half that amount.

1000 lb total in my second meet, which will take place in June.

1100 later in the year. Hopefully November or December, depending on when the CPF puts on a meet.

Keo what are your prs in bench, dl, and squat?

I want to reach half that amount.

Uh, I'm hoping you're already there. My numbers aren't impressive at all until you take into consideration my bodyweight. But it's a 510 squat, 305 paused bench, and 570 deadlift.

My goal is to bench more than keo. We will forget the fact that I weight 60lbs more than him and basically focus all my training on bench with a little front squatting here and there. So yeah.

Sometimes I get depressed thinking about where I'm at in my lifts, then I remember belph and feel good about myself again.

Thank you, belph.

My goal is to bench more than keo. We will forget the fact that I weight 60lbs more than him and basically focus all my training on bench with a little front squatting here and there. So yeah.

Curlz are on the agenda, yes?

O_O Those are impressive compared to mine.

They suck. That pussy should just fuckin' squat the WR already. For fucks sake, keo. Stop dragging this shit out.

I curl 2x a week EVERYWEEK belph. I just dont log it. Hammer curls and ez bar curls for life. If my t-shirts sleeves are not tight around my arms I fail at life.

If you're serious about your curls, you'll do it everyday.

I curl 2x a week EVERYWEEK belph. I just dont log it. Hammer curls and ez bar curls for life. If my t-shirts sleeves are not tight around my arms I fail at life.

Sounds sexy.. Thick, tight and ripped. Keep me updated on your progress, bro.

Sometimes I get depressed thinking about where I'm at in my lifts, then I remember belph and feel good about myself again.

Thank you, belph.

How much you curl, bro? Bench? Pec deck? Less than me. I'm king of the pec deck.

Back