2013 Fight's that COULD happen

camothy123

White Belt
Reaction score
Heavyweight: If Overeem wins his fight, Cain vs Overeem will be the next HW fight and you may see Cormier vs JDS, I think JDS will be given a number one contenders bout if Overeem wins, if Overeem is to lose, I believe a possible JDS vs Cain 3 could be on the cards or Cain vs Cormier, Roy Nelson has a couple more fights to go I believe, he's strung a couple together, Mark Hunt is another who also needs a couple more.

L-HW: JBJ vs Alexander Gustafsson is a no brainer here, height / reach, it all makes sense... UNLESS of course you see Sonnen some how win this fight...

Middleweight: If Bisping beats Belfort then I truely believe Bisping vs Silva will be worth every penny, I think Bisping will take it to Silva more than Sonnen did in his last attempt.

Welterweight: Completely up in the air for 2013, so many valuable match ups, Condit vs MacDonald could essentially be the number one contenders fight if Hendricks loses to Ellengerger

SO MANY POSSIBILITIES NEXT YEAR!! I hope all fighters can stay healthy, November at MSG could also be a PPV for the ages with the 20 year anniversary!

What do you guys think could / would happen? (This is merely my own opinion of course and speculation on what I think could happen depending on results not injuries)

The way things look Hendricks deserves a shot over condit and McDonald even if he loses.... For his sake I hope he beats ellenberger

Cormier and Cain wont fight each other....not sure how u missed that. Which is a shame cuz Cormier might be the best HW but being forced down to LHW due to a team mate.....

Seeing him against Jones would be cool tho he would probably need to test out a LHW cut first in a tune up.

Heavyweight: If Overeem wins his fight, Cain vs Overeem will be the next HW fight and you may see Cormier vs JDS, I think JDS will be given a number one contenders bout if Overeem wins, if Overeem is to lose, I believe a possible JDS vs Cain 3 could be on the cards or Cain vs Cormier, Roy Nelson has a couple more fights to go I believe, he's strung a couple together, Mark Hunt is another who also needs a couple more.

L-HW: JBJ vs Alexander Gustafsson is a no brainer here, height / reach, it all makes sense... UNLESS of course you see Sonnen some how win this fight...

Middleweight: If Bisping beats Belfort then I truely believe Bisping vs Silva will be worth every penny, I think Bisping will take it to Silva more than Sonnen did in his last attempt.

Welterweight: Completely up in the air for 2013, so many valuable match ups, Condit vs MacDonald could essentially be the number one contenders fight if Hendricks loses to Ellengerger

SO MANY POSSIBILITIES NEXT YEAR!! I hope all fighters can stay healthy, November at MSG could also be a PPV for the ages with the 20 year anniversary!

What do you guys think could / would happen? (This is merely my own opinion of course and speculation on what I think could happen depending on results not injuries)

First, I think the next shot for the HW title should go to Roy Nelson. Lets look at Roy's resume shall we...He lost to the same guy who was the first to beat Fedor and IMO beat Ubereem. Then he lost to Mir who stuck to his Game plan which he should have. He when the distance with the guy who got blast by the Champ.

Roy should get the next shot at the HW title because no only Is he Still the IFL Heavyweight Champion. He is barely six foot tall, fights bigger fighters, displays the heart of a warrior, and never backs down.

The UFC was supposed to be a proving ground not a political fashion show that promotes muscles and hype. That's reason I stopped watching boxing. I want to see fighters who are hungry and are always trying to finish fights not guys who are protecting records and potential profits.

In closing ( on the Roy for next title shot case) If you can justify giving a guy who had 3 times the normal testosterone and still lose in the final round, come back then gets tooled like nobody's business when he was normal against a smaller champion, couple that with the trouble with the law for shady dealings...and because he requested the fight with John Jones and the bigger champion said no. If that guy can get a title shot basicly being a loud mouth Yushin Okami. Why wouldn't you give Roy Nelson who actually knocks people out and trys to finish people instead of Jon Fitching( I don't mean dominating them either) people for three rounds. The UFC was supposed to be the ultimate MARTIAL ARTS proving ground. It is quickly becoming the boxing of MMA. Please remember Zuffa lovers that we want to watch good fights with people trying to finish not fabracated storylines with part 6 and 7 because there are no other challengers. There are plently just not as marketable.

The way things look Hendricks deserves a shot over condit and McDonald even if he loses.... For his sake I hope he beats ellenberger

How can you say that? he lost to Rick Story. Hendricks has beat anyone near BJ Penn's level and honestly if Mcdonald had not gassed in the first fight with condit he would be champion now. the winner of the Condit/Mcdonald fight vs the champion.

How can you say that? he lost to Rick Story. Hendricks has beat anyone near BJ Penn's level and honestly if Mcdonald had not gassed in the first fight with condit he would be champion now. the winner of the Condit/Mcdonald fight vs the champion.

Well he beat Fitch who tied BJ which by definition puts him at Penn's level. (At this point, I am afraid he is above BJs level).

Between Koscheck, Fitch and Kampann - Hendricks has more impressive wins than Rory.

Ps
Rory DID gas so your point is moot.

yeah those fights could happen but you're not very creative. there are so many better fights to be made.

Let's finally see Suga/Shogun FFS... Assuming Rashad beats Little Nog.

Belcher vs Belfort/Bisping loser could be fun too.

JDS is not getting a instant rematch. More than likely JDS will be fighting Hunt,Kongo,Werdum,Barnett or possibly Cormier.

Back