2013-2014 Kansas City Chiefs official thread: Nowhere to go but up!

I agree. Everyone shits on Reid, but the dude is a highly successful head coach.

I see KC winning 5 games at home, possibly 6, and 4 on the road. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't

KC is a weird team to feel out. They have a lot of talent but also a lot of questions. They could go 2-14 again if everything goes wrong, they could go 10-6 if things go right.

KC is a weird team to feel out. They have a lot of talent but also a lot of questions. They could go 2-14 again if everything goes wrong, they could go 10-6 if things go right.

I think they get at least 3 games, and that's from just OAK and SD. Then they have CLE and JAX...so it will be hard for them NOT to have a better season. This team has a similar feel to SF right when Harbaugh took them over. The talent was there and all they needed was a good coach to get them playing well.

One thing they won't be able to overcome, and which will keep them from having too much success, is their lack of depth. In a season or two, if Reid isn't over the hill, KC will be a threat for a deep playoff run.

so Jamaal Charles just got carted off the field by cart due to a leg injury. shit.

Doug Stewart just reported it was a simple route and he limped off field. he said he ran a little after the initial injury, got taped up THEN carted off from a training tent. maybe not a huge issue.

Time to get this thread going...

Sucks about Moeaki. He had a fantastic rookie season, but just couldn't stay healthy.

We have a favorable schedule which could give us a handful of wins. Dallas, Jax, Philly, SD X2, OAK X2, Tenn, and Cleveland are all very winnable games.

And we could still beat Den, Washington, Giants, Bills, Indy, and Houston it will just be a bit more difficult.

I have big hopes this year! "IF" we were to make the playoffs I feel like it would have to be the WC since the AFC WEST is Denver's title to lose if they stay healthy.

I just pray to science that we can stay healthy this season..

Every time JC gets the ball, i'm going to be so nervous, i feel if he goes down, our offense goes to shit. This is a huge test for Alex smith, no more top 5 D, he needs to lead the offense to the end zone, a lot.

He just needs to NOT turn the ball over and I think we should be good. For some reason Cassel had this idea that it would make the team better if he threw INTs all the time.

And we may not have a top 5 D, but I think we have an above average D.

^lol^ but seriously. I think so.

And yeah I agree with you about JC though. I've always had that fear every time our QB tries to scramble ever since Trent Green took that hit that basically ended his career. I can't help but hold my breath when it happens.

He just needs to NOT turn the ball over and I think we should be good. For some reason Cassel had this idea that it would make the team better if he threw INTs all the time.

And we may not have a top 5 D, but I think we have an above average D.

^lol^ but seriously. I think so.

And yeah I agree with you about JC though. I've always had that fear every time our QB tries to scramble ever since Trent Green took that hit that basically ended his career. I can't help but hold my breath when it happens.

If only KC had a Defense during the Trent Green days :icon_cry2

Eagles will be a fun game. We are getting good at holding onto the ball which helped SD tremendously today vs Philly

Had to work today, but listened to the game on the radio. Twas a good day.

It's going to be a big test for the Defense having a short week to get ready for Philly. Go Chiefs!!!

Chiefs look pretty good considering an entire new staff and QB, but they also have to get a lot better - and should. They've got to get Jamaal Charles going though, ~50 yards is not going to be enough in every game.

Thursday will be interesting as they might need Alex Smith to repeat what he did against PHI a couple years ago.

Watching KC beating the Eagles in Philly would be great.

The thing that scares me in this game is if our defense can slow down Philly, and Flowers covering Jackson, And alex going point for point with vick

Back