2013-2014 Kansas City Chiefs official thread: Nowhere to go but up!

I really can't see Smith performing all that well in KC.

He had a phenomenal O-line and a top level HB in San Fran, not only that but the league's best defense to fall back on.

KC has a piss poor defense, a terrible line that needs a ton of work, and an incredibly weak receiving core.

I don't agree with all of that. Obviously SFO has a better team, but I don't think KC is THAT bad.

Their defense definitely isn't piss poor. Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Justin Houston, Eric Berry, and Brandon Flowers are all really good. They need a little help on their D-line, but everything beyond that is solid. They have a good chance at fixing that since there is so much depth at that position.

Their O-line is about average with a couple of solid players on there. It's not terrible either.

That being said, I'm not sure he does very well either. He's a slight upgrade over what they have, but he's not someone that's going to win them games. Their best hope is that he isn't going to lose games for them like their previous QBs.

remeber SF was bad for a long long time, grabbing top 5 picks year in and year out eventually pays off, unless your the raiders or lions:icon_chee

what are the chiefs going to do for a back up QB? KC has a lot of holes to fill and getting rid of that 2nd round pick didn't help

Rumors going around of the Chiefs being interested in Tebow........

Rumors going around of the Chiefs being interested in Tebow........

As someone who wants to see Tebow playing on Sundays this would be perfect. No way Smith won't crack under the pressure of having him as a backup and unlike Rex who wouldn't play Tebow cause of his own ego Reid will throw him in there. He wanted to be known as the guy who resseructed Vick I bet he could do the same with Tebow.

Congrats on going plat. When did you do that?

I think a month ago, some of the ads popping up probably wouldn't look good at work, so i decided since i come here every day that i just pay and get rid of the ads

We released Winston today.

Opens the door for drafting an OL for the #1 pick

We released Winston today.

Opens the door for drafting an OL for the #1 pick

But aren't the top O-line prospects LTs? I read that Albert wants to stay at LT. I wonder if we'll trade him?

Big day for the Chiefs.

What's everyone's thoughts on Chase Daniel?

Big day for the Chiefs.

What's everyone's thoughts on Chase Daniel?

I'm a big Mizzou fan so I am happy with this... Now we need to go out and sign Jeremy Maclin and Danario Alexander... :)

Seriously though, I hope that Alex Smith stays healthy and plays great, and that we never have to see Chase play unless it is late game mop-up duty.

But aren't the top O-line prospects LTs? I read that Albert wants to stay at LT. I wonder if we'll trade him?

I wonder if they would draft Joekel and play him at RT for his rookie year?? IMHO, if you get rid of Albert and replace him with a rookie, then your team has gotten a little worse, at least in the short term. No matter how talented Joekel is, it is doubtful that he will be at Albert's level in his first year or two.

I wonder if they would draft Joekel and play him at RT for his rookie year?? IMHO, if you get rid of Albert and replace him with a rookie, then your team has gotten a little worse, at least in the short term. No matter how talented Joekel is, it is doubtful that he will be at Albert's level in his first year or two.

This draft is so weird at the top end. Never has a RT gone at #1, but there are just no sure-fire studs. If I had to guess their pick, it'd be Joeckel or maybe Floyd. Floyd would be a good fit and upgrade one of their biggest weaknesses.

This draft is so weird at the top end. Never has a RT gone at #1, but there are just no sure-fire studs. If I had to guess their pick, it'd be Joeckel or maybe Floyd. Floyd would be a good fit and upgrade one of their biggest weaknesses.

You'd be drafting a LT... but playing him at RT for at least year. With the new rookie wage scale, I think you can do this no problem.

If Brandon Albert is healthy, then I'd just hate to see them let him go. He is a top 5-10 level LT in the NFL... and there is absolutely no guarantee that a rookie such as Joekel will EVER be that good (slim to none chance he'd be that good as a rookie)...

For the record... I'm still on the Geno Smith wagon... which probably means that I am a crazy person. :)

Oh don't worry, i'm on the geno band wagon as well. We've all seen what Alex Smith can and can't do. I was reading that all of the chiefs playoff wins have come from players not drafted by the chiefs. I think the fans will flip shit if Alex smith sucks and some of the QBs from this draft shine and we passed on them.

Back