2013-2014 Kansas City Chiefs official thread: Nowhere to go but up!

Chiefs are the quickest way to build your vcash.

bet against them every game.

itll be nice to be in a city where the fans arent constantly in shitty moods after an occasional win here and there though.....

Smith, so long as hes handled well, should play well for the Chiefs. Draft OT with that 1st overall and keep Smith upright and let the playmakers on offence do their jobs.

I actually think Alex will do a good job for the Chiefs. He made legitimate strides in his second year under Harbaugh, and Reid has done more with less in terms of the QB position than probably any other coach in the NFL.

Assuming they take Joekel with the #1 pick or trade down a few spots and select the #2 tackle, they'd have good pieces surrounding Alex.

And the AFC West is complete ass, especially defensively, so that helps.

I think if they draft Joeckel, and run the ball a lot Alex will be able to play well. The defense that doesn't have to deal with 4 turnovers a game from the QB will play a ton better.

As a 49ers fan I think the Chiefs gave up too much, that being said I'm glad the 49ers got a second round pick, and an early one at that. I was thinking best case scenario a third rounder.

don't underestimate the chiefs

I guess I really did. Giving up a 2nd round pick AND a conditional pick next year (which could be another 2nd round pick) seems ridiculous for a game manager with no upside.

Do you guys really feel Smith is an upgrade of Cassel?

edit: I'm not trying to flame/troll, I'm actually interested in what the fanbase is thinking about this

Up until Harbaugh Alex had two rookie defensive minded head coaches and a different coordinator every year. The o-line had been terrible, he had no receivers, and the defense hadn't fully matured yet.

Kansas City has a good o-line that is probably going to improve through the draft. Jamal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, and a solid defense. Not only that they have a QB friendly coach. Everything you would want if you were Alex Smith.

Still tricky though.

For one, Alex Smith did NOTHING at all until Jim got there as head coach. Even still having that O-line, Gore, and that Defense was a huge plus for him.
Smith could turn back into a pumpkin on you.

Flynn looked great in GB with a team he knew well, but got beat out by a rookie in Seattle so that has to say something. As good as Russel turned out to be, he wasn't as good at the start of the year as he was at the end and that was the Russel he lost to.
Still maybe worth a shot.

Id keep my options open and not try to tab one dude as THE DUDE right off the bat. Id put some money in some other places on that team first.

Would be nice to see KC do something, start to turn that ship around.

Blitz, remember I called this trade last year in the 49ers thread. And everybody said I was crazy. :p

edit: I'm not trying to flame/troll, I'm actually interested in what the fanbase is thinking about this

I think he's better, but not by much. He's still the kind of QB that needs a strong supporting cast to look real good, like Cassel did in New England. Neither of them are the strong playmaking QB's like RGIII and such.

Slightly better. Yes Alex had a good season 2 years ago and was looking to be good this year, but he had those 6 years of terrible football. We made the same trade for cassel after his year with NE. I'll give him a chance but i don't think he's the answer to all of KC's troubles

Up until Harbaugh Alex had two rookie defensive minded head coaches and a different coordinator every year. The o-line had been terrible, he had no receivers, and the defense hadn't fully matured yet.

Kansas City has a good o-line that is probably going to improve through the draft. Jamal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, and a solid defense. Not only that they have a QB friendly coach. Everything you would want if you were Alex Smith.

Alex had some WRs along the way, he was just to shitty to get them the ball, making them look like lesser WRs then they really are.

Crabtree with Kaep = elite WR. Crabtree with Alex = Solid possession WR
Brandon Llyod with Alex = 500 yard WR Llyod with someone else = leads league yards
He also had Darrell Jack and Issac Bruce (obviously downside of career), who are solid options still, all with an elite TE

Yeah

But to be fair....you are Crazy Cint! :D
Not the same with the dubs man. Need some Hitgirl.

chiefsalexsmith.0_standard_352.0.jpg

I wish Alex the best. He's going to a team that's not as their record indicates.

My dubs came out of left field but I accepted the punishment like a man. :D

Alex had some WRs along the way, he was just to shitty to get them the ball, making them look like lesser WRs then they really are.

Crabtree with Kaep = elite WR. Crabtree with Alex = Solid possession WR
Brandon Llyod with Alex = 500 yard WR Llyod with someone else = leads league yards
He also had Darrell Jack and Issac Bruce (obviously downside of career), who are solid options still, all with an elite TE

I dont think that sticks. Sure, Crabtree had a great year with Kaep, but Crabtree was also hurt and never made it into training camp his first 2-3 years. Back then Crabtree made a lot of boneheaded mistakes. Lloyd was only here Alex's rookie year. Issac Bruce had more touchdowns than he had in 6 years with Alex in 08. Jackson was garbage and out of the league the year after he played sf.

Also, Lloyd is over rated as fuck. Hes only had one season with over 1,000 yards and before this year his season with Alex was his second best year.

The issue with crabs for me was that he had talent for smith to utilize but didn't care enough to hustle because he knew smith couldn't make the throws crabs wanted to catch. Crabs came to sf with a dogshit, greedy attitude, does anyone believe that's changed? We'll know if he opts out of next season

Smith only performed well under Harbaugh because Harbaugh doesn't ask him to play like an NFL quarterback. Harbaugh saw that Alex didn't have the skills to win games, so he built a strategy around getting the ball out of Alex's hands as much as possible, and only throwing little short low-risk passes when he needs to, just so the D doesn't zero in on the run so much.

He basically just said, "Alex, I won't ask you to win the game for us, I'm just asking you not to completely blow it. I will win with my other guys."

Now it's true that Andy Reid gets a lot out of mediocre QB's. Just look at what he did with McNabb and Kolb. But that strategy won't work with Smith because while McNabb and Kolb weren't great, they were definitely asked to be more than game managers.

I think Cassell sucks, but I really don't expect Smith to be much better. The real irony is going to be if KC brings in some nice talent and Andy Reid whips the team into shape and they play better, much of the credit will go to Alex Smith even if he doesn't do crap.

I really can't see Smith performing all that well in KC.

He had a phenomenal O-line and a top level HB in San Fran, not only that but the league's best defense to fall back on.

KC has a piss poor defense, a terrible line that needs a ton of work, and an incredibly weak receiving core.

Back