2013-14 NBA Playoff Discussion, v15: Dem cramps/Cavs future bust edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monster zero

Ok, I know this thread is a little bit early but I wanted to make the next one and I gotta go talk to immigration about some chit basically when the game first starts. FML.

First, lets be honest here: LeBron James cramped because he accidently popped a steroid instead of what he needed:

free5.jpg

Feeling like his ovaries were about to burst, the results were game changing:

LeBron-Cramps-In-Pain.jpg

Prediction:

Spurs will take it in 7, LeBron's cramps in game one being a deciding factor will most likely end the Heat dynasty and threepeat. Faust will vacate the board due to permanent brisk walk taking syndrome.

Moving on. We all know whoever goes #1 will be a bust because of the Cavs curse.

With the NBA draft coming up soon, and Embiid being touted as the potential #1 pick for Cleveland, with his past back injuries, and Clevelands history of terrible picks, to be an epic bust isn't out of the realm of possibility. We must look back at some of the top big men busts in the league and speculate.

Kwame Brown.

kwame-brown-99-probs.jpg

Drafted with the #1 pick in 2001 at 7 feet tall, MJ had him pegged as the next Shaq, the same way some have Embiid pegged as the next Dream. What Kwame eventually blossomed into was a man child with almost zero fundamental skills, that could barely palm a basketball. He was eventually swooped up by the Lakers after their divorce with Shaq, and like an ex girlfriend desperate to fill the void from her last great bf, they were taken by his smile. Kwame would later blossom into the Lakers dead beat bf.

Gerg Olden.

oden.russell_display_image.jpg

(Unknown if pictured left or right)

Many had Gerg Olden as a potential defensive anchor, the once and a life time big man that would change the game on both sides of the floor. Embiid is hyped up the same way currently, and like Olden he is set to go over a few high scoring wing options. The big difference? Olden didn't even show signs of physical break down before getting drafted, where as Embiid has stress fractures. Olden would eventually blow out multiple knees and go down as one of the biggest busts in NBA history getting selected before a future MVP. Some theories suggest Oden is simply Bill Russel with plastic surgery and a supply of Just for Men hair dye trying to reclaim former glory.

Michael Olowkandi.

Michael-Olowokandi.jpg

(as pictured above, two number one picks in a battle for the ages)

Put up impressive stats in college, averaging 22 points, 11 rbs, and 3 blocks per game in his senior year. With the physical tools, and an impressive two way game some thought he would go on to possibly be a 20/10 guy with great shot blocking. Embiid has shown good touch and moves sometimes, but at the same time this is simply at the college level. It's very possibly Embiid doesn't develop, and doesn't even get a nick name as GOAT as the Kandi Man.

Palis/Pelvis.

5v22351366.jpg

(Taken shortly after Kobe blew out his achillies)

Some thought he would become the next generation of Kobe WK's. While proving shakey in the science department, he was not afraid to be wrong and showed zealot levels of devotion to his one true man crush. Eventually he would prove a bust on the Sherdog SB, being banned after his second/third season of posting. Some blame his unbridled enthusiasm, others blamed it on his inability to make payments on his personal scooter. Some have even gone so far as to say the day the One True's achillies broke, so did his sanity. We will never know what could have been. RIP.

May everyone enjoy a great fernals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad start but tremendous finish in the OP. Not bad Canster Zero, not bad.

Danny Crawford, James Capers and Jason Phillips are the referees for game 2. Ed Malloy is the alternate.

Immigration? They're shipping you to N. Korea?

Lol at "Some theories suggest Oden is simply Bill Russel with plastic surgery and a supply of Just for Men hair dye trying to reclaim former glory."

Quality OP

Inspired OP

200.gif

Gerg Oden next to Bill Russell (not known if pictured left or right) got a legit lol out of me

Danny Crawford, James Capers and Jason Phillips are the referees for game 2. Ed Malloy is the alternate.

at least there's no joey crawford.

excited for tonight's game, i think lebron adjusts with some potassium and electrolytes

I hate the spurs. I hope they loose.

I feel like this thread came too early...

but, that's pretty common for Canster Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back