***2013-14 NBA Playoff Discussion, v11: The Greatest Trio in History Edition***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike, the mavs is probably a bad example and the spurs were a miracle 3 from the same, but I do see your point. I guess I just would prefer the heat to go through the meat grinder like the western conference champs usually do.

Oh lawd

In 2013 MIA had to play 18 EC playoff games to get to the Finals
In 2013 OKC had to play 15 WC playoff games to get to the Finals
The Champs besmirched the Thunder in the 2013 Finals

In 2014 MIA had to play 16 EC playoff games to get to the Finals
In 2014 SAS had to play 14 WC playoff games to get to the Finals
The Champs besmirched the Spurs in the 2014 Finals

It really is hard to make a true comparison between the two. They are both extremely dominant, and both had 0 success without great teams behind them. While Kobe stayed in LA and talent eventually came to him, LeBron didn't necessarily have that option. Cleveland was a joke with its GM, culture and just everything in general. Bron pretty much had to leave and I can't blame him.

Joining forces with a previous Finals MVP and bringing Bosh does kind of lessen his achievments a little. Those are some pretty ridiculously green pastures to leave for, and it feels a little dirty to any sports fan out there.

Skillwise when it comes to individual offense, I have Kobe on a much higher level. His post game, his fakes, and his moves were beautiful to watch (And I'm a Kobe hater), and I feel LeBron often just charges and bullies his way straight to the hoop and gets away with some offensive fouls and friendly reffing. LeBronson's all around game is better however. His fast break, his passing, and his rebounding are all much better.

They are close, but until LeBron can get a 4th ring, I have Kobe ahead.

(And I say 4th instead of 5th ring because Kobe had a prime Snaq for 3 of those and was honestly second fiddle or at best close to even, where as LeBron has been the man for all 3 of his rings.)

Excellent well rounded post. Just like the Cain Velazquez of this bar. I mean, let's face it, we are just all fat fucks who would hit their heads for money (of course, "except for BID"). You just did all right in this post.

Thank you.

That was actually a low-level post from Monster Can

They are both extremely dominant, and both had 0 success without great teams behind them.

lmao 0 success for Bern = Finals and Conf Finals appearances, 0 success for Kooby = missing playoffs and 1st round doormat

Skillwise when it comes to individual offense, I have Kobe on a much higher level.

Kooby has been unable to shoot 47% for a season in his entire career. Think about that. Bern just shot 57% this season. And Bern is the better 3pt shooter to top it all off lmao

A means to an ends. People get all caught up in Kooby's flashy means, but his ends suck relative to Bern.

LMAO? Are these guys peddled by the media as GOAT candidates? C'mon son

I was merely commenting on the hate that he gets for leaving a shit team that won't get him anywhere, when other HoF greats (both of which are top 50 greats) left to join contenders, and nobody seems to care at all... Hell, Shaq jumped around to multiple potential contenders chasing rings.

Actually, without Kobe in 2000, the Lakers don't win. Game 7 vs the Blazers, WCF, Shaq was straight held in check and guess who took over? 21 yr old Kobe Bryant. That's one case of many that goes to show you that it was not only Shaq's team. Comeback for me if you like and I'll continue to brutally besmirch you on the subject.

People always cherry pick stats and don't look at the whole picture. The regular season to determine their seeding, the 1st-3rd round, etc. Shaq wouldn't have won without Kobe and vice versa.

Of course Shaq wouldn't have won without Kooby. Jordan wouldn't have won without Pippen, Bird wouldn't have won without McHale. That doesn't change the fact that Kooby, Pippen and McHale were the Robins of those teams.

Oh lawd

In 2013 MIA had to play 18 EC playoff games to get to the Finals
In 2013 OKC had to play 15 WC playoff games to get to the Finals
The Champs besmirched the Thunder in the 2013 Finals

In 2014 MIA had to play 16 EC playoff games to get to the Finals
In 2014 SAS had to play 14 WC playoff games to get to the Finals
The Champs besmirched the Spurs in the 2014 Finals

What is this black magic pseudoscience? Can we not just say the SAS/OKC beasted their way to the finals whilst the heat coasted? Thus, the games played differential. And the heat did not besmirch the spurs last year, it was a great series. Your jimmies were a rustlin', tell me im lying

Of course Shaq wouldn't have won without Kooby. Jordan wouldn't have won without Pippen, Bird wouldn't have won without McHale. That doesn't change the fact that Kooby, Pippen and McHale were the Robins of those teams.

Isn't Lebron wades robin?

In other news, KD is soft and will never be the #1 on a championship team. Come at me.

Last edited:
What is this black magic pseudoscience? Can we not just say the SAS/OKC beasted their way to the finals whilst the heat coasted? Thus, the games played differential. And the heat did not besmirch the spurs last year, it was a great series. Your jimmies were a rustlin', tell me im lying

In other news, KD is soft and will never be the #1 on a championship team. Come at me.

This was known by many, and is being shown against the Dinospurs this year.

haha fussys! So insecure... so threatened... so... RUSTLED!

Shaq wouldn't have won without Kobe for the simple fact that Kobe took over in the 4th quarters. There is no such thing when it comes to Kobe being a Robin when he puts up #'s to that of which a #1 option would on any team in any time period in this game. Scottie Pippen just doesn't have the #'s to compare to Kobe and although Scottie Pippen is one of the top SF's of all time (ahead of LolBron), it just isn't fair to compare him to Kobe who for instance in one of the playoff runs with Shaq goes 29.4/7.3/6.1 (Not even Kobe's best) where as Scotties top playoff performance was 22/8.7/5.6. I'm not even going to bother to cite McHale in this picture as it would be absurd.

Kobe 3 straight Finals with Shaq & won 3 out of 4
Kobe 3 straight Finals without a HOF teammate and won 2 out of 3
Shaq only went to 1 Finals and won 1 without Kobe, while being a true sidekick to a player less greater than Kobe, in D-Whine.

Then Snaq joined Nash, LolBron, Celtics Big 3 and failed getting back to the Finals while being a sidekick/role player to other HOFers.

And when Shaq & Wade won a ring in 06, they got swept in the 1st round as defending champs.

BdjexMy.gif
tumblr_mt6x8dfgmJ1qf5do9o1_400.gif

The difference between those other robins is that kobe was the one with the ball in his hand in the last three minutes, due to Shaqs free throw susceptibility. Kobe was just as important in getting past spurs, sac, and portland as shaq was. Although shaq would carry the team in the first 40 mins kobe would take care of the most important minutes. So it was a much different dynamic than those scenarios u listed. Jordan, bird, and lebron could each easily carry the ball in the final minutes. U cant say the same for shaq

The kobetard in this thread are hilarious. They defend him more than they would defend their own family membdr

That was actually a low-level post from Monster Can

lmao 0 success for Bern = Finals and Conf Finals appearances, 0 success for Kooby = missing playoffs and 1st round doormat

Kooby has been unable to shoot 47% for a season in his entire career. Think about that. Bern just shot 57% this season. And Bern is the better 3pt shooter to top it all off lmao

Making it out of the East back then against a washed up Pistons team to get your ass spanked by the Spurs isn't super impressive imo. It's good, I'll give it to LeBron that he carried that Cavs team, but the West has always been tough to make it out of.

Kobe had to go against the Suns with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. I think Bronson had a better supporting cast (although lets be honest, both were bad.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lakers Girls got sodomized again.

*yawn*

The kobetard in this thread are hilarious. They defend him more than they would defend their own family membdr

It's really embarrassing, you can't even mention Kooby without Pelvis starting rustlemania.

You called the West a meat grinder, specifically saying how hard it was on the Western Conference Champ to have to play through before seeing the Heat. The last two Finals teams from the west lost a combined 5 games getting there. How much of a grinder is it really if teams that can't beat the Heat 'beast' through it?

Last edited:
You called the West a meat grinder, specifically saying how hard it was on the Western Conference Champ to have to play through before seeing the Heat. The last two Finals teams from the west lost a combined 5 games getting there. How much of a grinder is it really if teams that can't beat the Heat 'beast' through it?

Depends on the years. This year is looking exceptionally easy for the Heat with the state of the East. I think if Clippers, OKC, Spurs, and maybe Houston or Portland were given the Heats seed, and the Heat were in the West, all of those teams would probably make a run to the Finals.

Just think, last year they played the Bucks and a D-Roseless Bulls (I think? It's been so long since he played idk) and then they get taken to 7 by a very green Indy team. CMAN.

WeeklyElectricFossa.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back