keepfighting**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Male Fighter of the Year:

Benson Henderson

Female Fighter of the Year:

Ronda Rousey

Comeback of the Year:

Georges St. Pierre coming back from ACL injury to defend UFC title.

Fight of the Year:

Brandon Vera against Mauricio

Did you really have to call benson 'male fighter of the year' instead of fighter of the year? Otherwise, I agree with knockout and female fighter. Comeback should be boetesch, fight should be Kz/pourier.

Knockout of the Year:

Edson Barboza’s spinning-wheel kick against Terry Etim.

Submission of the Year:

Charles Oliveira’s calf-slicer submission against Erick Wisely.

Story of the Year:

Injuries in the UFC.

Agree with these only.

Fox 5 was underwhelming,
Ko should be pat barry on Shane or cowboy on gullard.

edgar/benson was fight of the year..

knockout of the year; kampman and hendrics.. OUT COLD with one shot, dude had rigor mortis before he hit the canvas

Ko should be pat barry on Shane.

there were other MORE EXCITING kos to watch, but that one might take the care in terms of how bad it looks..

rosario mustve felt like a freight train hit him.. he was prolly out before the message that he got hit even got to his brain

Comeback of the Year....

Tim-Boetsch-KO-uppercuts-Yushin-Okami.gif

Male Fighter of the Year:

Benson Henderson

Female Fighter of the Year:

Ronda Rousey

Comeback of the Year:

Fight of the Year:

KZ vs Poirier

Knockout of the Year:

Edson Barboza’s spinning-wheel kick against Terry Etim.

Submission of the Year:

Charles Oliveira’s calf-slicer submission against Erick Wisely.

Story of the Year:

Injuries in the UFC.

Lowlight of the Year:

UFC 151 cancelled

Highlight of the Year:

Best card in the UFC on free TV: UFC on Fox 5.

Rua vs Vera lol there was at least 10 fights better than that

"female fighter of the year" must have been an incredibly difficult choice.

If people really think Shogun Vera was the Fight of the year, that only shows how goddamn much Shogun has declined over these few years. That fight was embarrassing to watch considering what kind of a shark Shogun used to be.

Real fight of the year was Poirier vs KZ.

there were other MORE EXCITING kos to watch, but that one might take the care in terms of how bad it looks..

rosario mustve felt like a freight train hit him.. he was prolly out before the message that he got hit even got to his brain

For sure.
i remember thinking how bad must have been for him ..someone as fast and powerful as pat barry throwing a damn hook from beyond his hip..
Letting HD find his range is never a good idea.

I completely agree with statement that Lauzon vs Varner is FOTY and even more, it's better than Shogun/Vera.
I don't think that Comeback of the Year is supposed to mean what is mentioned there but more of a comeback in fight...I guess? In that case I would nominate Shogun in Hendo fight but I'm not 100% on it so any other choices?
And I would give Knockout of the Year to Hendricks over Barboza only due to the way he set it up. For those who may have missed it. He didn't miss the strike before KO he used it to knock the defending hand down to land clean.

EDIT: I would nominate Fitch/Silva for FOTY 'cause Silva caught him very nice at some points and even rocked him at one point I think and was very close with that RNC on him. It showed how good Fitch's submission defense was and how Erick didn't tap was admirable too.

Last edited:
Back