2012 Bazzie Awards

akproplayer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

I think the Pettis kick on Lauzon should have at least been considered. As a Benson fan I have to say WTF to him being Fighter of the Year.

Last edited:
I was WTFucking the entire show, who that gave awards to and some of the nominees.

I have no problem with Bendo being Fighter of the Year. He won the title this year, and defended it twice. (Although I do believe Frankie won the 2nd fight, unfortunately he didn't get the decision).

I have no problem with Bendo being Fighter of the Year. He won the title this year, and defended it twice. (Although I do believe Frankie won the 2nd fight, unfortunately he didn't get the decision).

If Velasquez beats JDS tomorrow night he should be fighter of year. They shouldn't do these award shows until January.

Last edited:
I read the thread title wrong, I thought it said 2012 Brazzer Awards. lol

I think Benson should be figther of the years, I had no problem with that, the FotY annoyed me though.

If Velasquez beats JDS tomorrow night he should be fighter of year. They shouldn't do these award shows until January.

Why? Benson still had a better year imo even if Cain wins, if Cains wins(hope not) and defends his title impressively next year maybe he can get that award, its not just Benson that had a better year then Cain(if he wins) other figthers did, MM for example.

Or just include guys that like Gustavfson and Hendricks that fought on Dec 31, of 2011.

Holy shit that bias is ridonculous.

How does a win and a new title compare to a new title and 2 defenses?

I think Renan Barao should've been breakthrough fighter of the year. Climbing to the top of 135 is a lot more impressive than being the best fighter in a division of 5 guys.

I think Benson should be figther of the years, I had no problem with that, the FotY annoyed me though.

Why? Benson still had a better year imo even if Cain wins, if Cains wins(hope not) and defends his title impressively next year maybe he can get that award, its not just Benson that had a better year then Cain(if he wins) other figthers did, MM for example.

I guess the fact that Benson fought & won 3 times makes it at least debatable. The problem I have with it is they were all decisions, one being split decision that was very controversial. Again, I'm a Benson fan so I'm happy he got it.

On the other hand there's Anderson Silva who I dislike but feel like should have won it with 2 TKO's. I would even put JBJ who I also dislike ahead of Benson with a sub & a decision over a former champ.

I guess the fact that Benson fought & won 3 times makes it at least debatable. The problem I have with it is they were all decisions, one being split decision that was very controversial. Again, I'm a Benson fan so I'm happy he got it.

On the other hand there's Anderson Silva who I dislike but feel like should have won it with 2 TKO's. I would even put JBJ who I also dislike ahead of Benson with a sub & a decision over a former champ.

Benson has been impressive since joining the UFC making the LW division a lot more exciting than it was before. He deserved it for just that.

Not even a mention of Lauzon/Varner for fight of the year is a major fail

Bendo deserved it imo. Not quite as amazing of a run as Jones last year or Shogun in 2005, but no one else is really that close this year in my opinion.

Back