2011: "Jones is a coke fiend"

midi

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He's been a regular user for years, no one should believe that it was a one-time thing or that he was even just a casual user.

Wow...I am here hanging out with my cousin, he's a casual fan of MMA, so I ask him what he thinks about Jon Jones. He says, "Yeah, he's good. My buddy did coke with him in an alley behind a bar." Of course I told him I didn't believe him (although he's not someone who lies a lot). He calls up his buddy and puts him on speaker phone and says, "Hey, what happened last time you hung out with Jon Jones?". His buddy then goes on to tell how Bones is a coke fiend and a fake.

My cousin's friend is an amateur fighter who knows Bones through events. They were chilling at a club later on that night apparently.

Look, I realize this isn't 100% proof, and I am absolutely shocked and dissapointed to hear this. I believe my cousin and his friend. It sucks because Bones is without a doubt the best fighter right now I thought a really cool guy even though he gets a lot of crap. I'm just dissapointed because he's has so much potential to be awesome for so many years it would just suck to see drugs bring him down.

http://alanaalamia.blogspot.ca/2011/11/jon-jones-does-coke.html

This seals the deal then!

Your academic journal, with the finest of credentials, has proven that Jones is just a scumbag.
Next he will crap out explosive menstrual diarrhea chunks in the shower.

Can't do anything right, I guess. He may as well just pucker up and win fights.

That is what pays his bills, right?

Funny that a mod deleted that thread within 5 minutes of it getting posted. Yet someone still saved the thread.

Censorship around here...

Well if he went to rehab that could mean two things: He's a coke head or he's following the usual protocol of damage control. I think both.

oh well, at least when gus takes the belt in june we wont have to see these constant headlines by the lhw champion

this if he didnt actually rehab and is gonna be weeks there and actually delaying the fight

No sure how someone can determine that a guy who you did coke with once is a "coke fiend" or just having a good time, but I'm more willing to believe the story in general in light of the recent news.

Drugs are not bad, it's largely just how we as a civilization/culture/species construct our perceptions and attitudes toward them, and consequently our societal structures reflect that. (mostly destruction through ignorance, just too much evidence to that effect)

Ya this is just a random website...look at the name, "alana's blog' lmao.

Though, I'm sure most people that go to rehab do it because they've used it more then once.

I believe he's used in the past, I don't believe that particular story and I wouldn't call him a 'coke fiend.' If he was a coke fiend he would have been caught years ago and wouldn't have any other interests. It's most likely a recreational thing for him.

Though, I'm sure most people that go to rehab do it because they're habitual users and not a one time thing.

I believe he's used in the past, I don't believe that particular story and I wouldn't call him a 'coke fiend.'

It's from a deleted Sherdog thread, that blog just keeps a record of posts

This seals the deal then!

Your academic journal, with the finest of credentials, has proven that Jones is just a scumbag.
Next he will crap out explosive menstrual diarrhea chunks in the shower.

Can't do anything right, I guess. He may as well just pucker up and win fights.

That is what pays his bills, right?

Jones is caught. Cerrone pointed to it in 2012. Multiple fans note stories involving Jones and cocaine. ...... where there's smoke, there's fire.

Though, I'm sure most people that go to rehab do it because they're habitual users and not a one time thing.

I believe he's used in the past, I don't believe that particular story and I wouldn't call him a 'coke fiend.' If he was a coke fiend he would have been caught years ago. It's most likely a recreational thing for him.

The original post was on sherdog, I believe a mod has confirmed it. I don't know though, maybe someone will come around and shed some light on it.

Funny that a mod deleted that thread within 5 minutes of it getting posted. Yet someone still saved the thread.

Unfounded allegations of this sort amount to fighter bashing and there are clear rules against that around here. Some guy claiming his cousins, best friends, former room mate doing coke with Jones is pure hearsay.

Naturally in light of recent events it seems like there is something to it, but it is still essentially hearsay. We're not talking about some guy with a video clip of Jones doing lines of white powder. We're talking about some random anonymous guy making a third hand claim. He isn't even saying he witnessed it personally.

The way Jones reacted to this is proof hes been using for a while.

Drugs are not bad, it's largely just how we as a civilization/culture/species construct our perceptions and attitudes toward them, and consequently our societal structures reflect that. (mostly destruction through ignorance, just too much evidence to that effect)

Your Joe Rogan is showing

Fuck druggies stop picking up cigarette butts and start showering

Unfounded allegations of this sort amount to fighter bashing and there are clear rules against that around here. Some guy claiming his cousins, best friends, former room mate doing coke with Jones is pure hearsay.

Naturally in light of recent events it seems like there is something to it, but it is still essentially hearsay. We're not talking about some guy with a video clip of Jones doing lines of white powder. We're talking about some random anonymous guy making a third hand claim. He isn't even saying he witnessed it personally.

This. Anyone who thinks Sherdog improperly censored that story doesn't get it. Even if it's true in hindsight, the evidence was so flimsy so it was right to delete that thread.

If you saw GSP shooting up heroine in a back allley and made a thread about it with no pics or anything- even though you know it 100% happened, what would you expect to happen to the thread?

Jones and Dana both bringing in some snow for the holidays

Back