2008 Sambo Summit Training Camp

sambosteve

Martial Artist, Coach, Stunt Performer
@purple
Reaction score
The 2008 Sambo Summit Training Camp is a three day live in camp with room and board included. This year the camp will be held in Lincoln City, Oregon. It will be held from September 12-14. The rate for this camp is $450 USD.

Last year's camp was a blast and I encourage everyone to come out if they can. But, we have a limit of 40 participants. You need not be experienced to attend camp.

This year the camp coaching staff includes:

Dayn DeRose
Head Coach of South Mountain Martial Arts in Madison, New Jersey. Dayn has been a fixture in the US Judo and Sambo community for over 30 years. He is a Honorable Master of Sports in Sambo and has coached and trained numerous students to notable wins in Sambo and Combat Sambo. Dayn was a founding member of the American Sambo Academy and American Amateur Sambo Federation. He is a Professional Member of the American Sambo Association. In addition to sambo, Dayn is an instructor of several other matial arts and is one of America

will there be a workout vid like the one from Russia (croisses fingers)

LOL...If I can get around to it. We will be filming it though. I will prolly make up a quick commercial style vid.

will there be a training camp in cali or nevada ? I split my times between both states and would love to do one of these camps.

I've trained with Dayn DeRose for the past few years, and anyone serious about judo or sambo can learn a lot from him.

Unfortunately I will be in Texas during this event, but I really recommend if you can go, you do.

Steve is room and board included in the price, or are participants required to find their own accommodation?

Room & Board is included. We all live together in the training hall. There are showers, kitchen, etc. We cater the camp. All you have to do is show up to train. We will arrange for one shuttle to and from the airport in Portland. If you miss that, you have to get to the camp on your own. All that info is on the forms I will send you with the registration forms.

Spoonman,

Regarding camps in Cali, yes there is one on July 4th weekend in San Francisco with Igor Kurinnoy (in from Russia). Shoot me an e-mail or check our website for the info.

sounds good, hope I have someextra money by then

Sambosteve, do you guys normally have these around the same time every year?

I hope so. I can't make this one as I have a seminar the weekend before. I've talked with Aaron Fields over the phone and on another board and would like to meet Aaron and Steve in person. Maybe next year.

I've trained with Dayn DeRose for the past few years, and anyone serious about judo or sambo can learn a lot from him.

Unfortunately I will be in Texas during this event, but I really recommend if you can go, you do.

Dayn also is a very experienced karate guy as well. Plus don't forget fencing. :)

I went last year. Very good time. I'll be there this year as well.

TTT to reserve your spot!

Were about 1/2 full...time to register before we fill up!

Less than a month to go! we have 20 registered so far including 6 members of the Columbian Military Sambo Team and 14 Americans of all skill levels.

This camp is pre-registration only. Jump on it while you still can!

Download all registration and travel information here:
American Sambo Association | Upcoming Events

Gregg Humphreys
Gregg Humphreys is a long time Judoka and Sambist. He has travelled to Russia for Sambo training bi-annually since 1987 and is considered one of the most skilled and knowledgeable American Sambo coaches. He currently is the Judo and Sambo coach at Miletich Fighting Systems in Bettendorf, Iowa and is the Midwest Vice President of the American Sambo Association. Additionally, Gregg is the North American representative for Igor Kurinnoy

Kurinnoy (owner of the Boretz Sports School in Moscow) and Sambo 70 graduate is no joke.

For those who are close enough to attend, you guys are in for a treat.

Gregg is not a "graduate" of those clubs so to speak, but he has trained there (and at other clubs in Russia) for over 20 years. He is definitely the man for sure! I traveled with him to Russia last year for 2 weeks (to train with Kurinnoy and at sambo 70). He knows his shit for sure. He is considered much more of a guest coach at Borec.

how far is Lincoln City, Oregon. from Vancouver Canada

Do you need previous sambo or judo training i only have BJJ

also what is the attire

do i get shorty shorts like Fedor

fedor_sambo_training.jpg

how far is Lincoln City, Oregon. from Vancouver Canada

Do you need previous sambo or judo training i only have BJJ

also what is the attire

do i get shorty shorts like Fedor

fedor_sambo_training.jpg

How far? Quite a bit away. We will be having a shuttle from Portland Airport though.

LOL...any grappling shorts and a gi top are fine :) If you really want a pair like Fedor's I can get them for you...LOL

We have several beginners attending. All levels and stylists are welcome to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back