2000/1: Bush wins over Gore amidst Supreme Court ruling

It's odd how three of Bush' defense team in that case are now on the court.

I just......can't see a pattern here. Just can't see it..........
They had this election planned 20 years ago!

BK has already made a ruling in favour with justice roberts.....who’s to say ACB won’t as well?
Who's to say she will? She was obviously put on for her leanings regarding religion.
I feel they are too partisan for that. Kagan for sure is and for sure the 3 Trump picked are along with Thomas
Thomas is the worst Justice
Isnt the presidency still up in the air?
Technically sure. But realistically Biden will take AZ and only needs one of the remaining 3 and it's over.

Who's to say she will? She was obviously put on for her leanings regarding religion.

Thomas is the worst Justice

Technically sure. But realistically Biden will take AZ and only needs one of the remaining 3 and it's over.

It is not over. The GOP wont let it drop like that they will have recounts, calls of fraud, they may find fraud, the DOJ is surely investigating, not to mention the delegates can in GOP led states be forced to vote for Trump IF the state legislatures feel Trump was cheated out.

It is not over. The GOP wont let it drop like that they will have recounts, calls of fraud, they may find fraud, the DOJ is surely investigating, not to mention the delegates can in GOP led states be forced to vote for Trump IF the state legislatures feel Trump was cheated out.
Oh no it's over lol

Trump could have appointed every Judge on the Supreme Court and it still wouldn't matter. He has no legal route to victory, no evidence of voter fraud.

Y'all must've forgot!

The returns showed that Bush had won Florida by such a close margin that state law required a recount. A month-long series of legal battles led to the highly controversial 5–4 Supreme Court decision Bush v. Gore, which ended the recount. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_United_States_presidential_election

Dems got screwed out of a recount and 20 years later, looks like the GOP is in the same boast except that Pennsylvania will be the disputed state instead of Florida.

The conservative Supreme court will flip on their ruling from 20 years ago like the hypocrites they are.

Yes I know that but I wonder how the GOP judges will rule. And do they throw out these ballots then? Because those states were all Trump until magically the right number of ballots appeared for Biden

Please stop talking this nonsense. It's been explained over and over for weeks now that there was going to be a red mirage in these states. Trump told his supporters not to trust the mail and to vote in person. Democrats told their supporters to vote by mail. Due to these states counting in-person votes first, all the votes counted first favor Trump while the mail-in ballots favor Biden.

So what happens in states Biden is now winning due to extra ballots? Set the end date earlier? And throw out the new ballots. Because if we stop it now Trump losses Michigan and Wisconsin and maybe another state.
You have to have firm cutoffs before voting begins. I don’t know the details enough and am not saying anything he been done wrong. Just throwing out a conceivable scenario Trump’s people could challenge and win on.

This would be similar if one was to do a coin flip trial and if one person bet heads would come up frequently and the other bet tails would. If there is no set number to flip the coin and the first time heads comes up, the heads guy is going to want to stop the trial then. If the next two are tails, the tails guy is going to want to stop after three and so on.

So what happens in states Biden is now winning due to extra ballots? Set the end date earlier? And throw out the new ballots. Because if we stop it now Trump losses Michigan and Wisconsin and maybe another state.
like I said, if the process is being amended as it goes along, there will be a good argument that’s it’s null and void. The process must be determined beforehand.

The forgotten caveat of Florida, 2000 is that the incompetent MSM forgot there were two time zones in Florida and called the election for big Al before the fucking poles were closed in the panhandle.

W won...
*Polls

Also it definitely wasn't that cut and dry that "W won"

Trump could have appointed every Judge on the Supreme Court and it still wouldn't matter. He has no legal route to victory, no evidence of voter fraud.
And you are basing this on...?

If it gets to the sc. Bet your fat ass that means there is evidence of all those things.

*Polls

Also it definitely wasn't that cut and dry that "W won"

*sigh*

Bush won the first count, the second count, and was going to win the third count which was using the methods that Gores team pushed for. The SCOTUS ruling states that the recount methods being used were unconstitutional because different methods were being used in different districts, which was a way of trying to rig the count so one side would win.

The actual crux of the matter came down to if they could even do anymore recounting it's due to something the Florida legislature (At least I think it was them) had said about when they would be done. SCOTUS basically told them they said they would be done at a certain point and that was legally binding which brought an end to the counts.

I could go deeper into it, but it's a moot point. Gore lost every count, by remarkably slim margins but he still lost them. The best thing to do would have been a runoff between Gore and Bush, but there is literally no laws or system in place for it so that wasnt even an option.

The difference is that the Court didn't OVERTURN state vote counts in 2000.

It's never done that.

That would truly be the end of Democracy.

The difference is that the Court didn't OVERTURN state vote counts in 2000.

It's never done that.

That would truly be the end of Democracy.

And it can't do it now. This is over. The only one who doesn't realise it is Trump himself. There is literally nothing he, or the Supreme Court, can do to change the result of this election. In fact, and I'm willing to be corrected by someone who knows US Law better than me, but I don't see how the Supreme Court can even become involved at this stage.

The Supreme Court are not the Mega-City One Judges; they don't run a dictatorship.

And it can't do it now. This is over. The only one who doesn't realise it is Trump himself. There is literally nothing he, or the Supreme Court, can do to change the result of this election. In fact, and I'm willing to be corrected by someone who knows US Law better than me, but I don't see how the Supreme Court can even become involved at this stage.

The Supreme Court are not the Mega-City One Judges; they don't run a dictatorship.
Out of likes, but like.

Back