2000/1: Bush wins over Gore amidst Supreme Court ruling

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Y'all must've forgot!

The returns showed that Bush had won Florida by such a close margin that state law required a recount. A month-long series of legal battles led to the highly controversial 5–4 Supreme Court decision Bush v. Gore, which ended the recount. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_United_States_presidential_election

Dems got screwed out of a recount and 20 years later, looks like the GOP is in the same boast except that Pennsylvania will be the disputed state instead of Florida.

The GOP can also win by having the state legislatures choose the delegates to vote for Trump.

This is not unfeasible. If they get behind the idea of democrat vote rigging in Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona etc. GOP state controlled politics in those states can have the delegates vote different. This was outlined in the Atlantic article. This year Delegates must cast a vote by mid December, new legislatures elected wont take office till January.

They can also have lawsuits. Recounts. And have the DOJ drop a bomb of election interference and fake ballots. And have ballots thrown out or stopped.

Lawsuits will inevitably go to the Supreme Court were I doubt a 6 majority GOPers will vote against the GOP interests.

I doubt this is over

Y'all must've forgot!

The returns showed that Bush had won Florida by such a close margin that state law required a recount. A month-long series of legal battles led to the highly controversial 5–4 Supreme Court decision Bush v. Gore, which ended the recount. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_United_States_presidential_election

Dems got screwed out of a recount and 20 years later, looks like the GOP is in the same boast except that Pennsylvania will be the disputed state instead of Florida.

I am curious if this does go to the Supreme Court what will Trump and GOP argument be? That extra ballots that arrived are fraudlent and need to be thrown out? Or what

Last edited:
It's odd how three of Bush' defense team in that case are now on the court.

I just......can't see a pattern here. Just can't see it..........

Wait what? No way. Who?

What do you think will happen? Throw out extra ballots. How do they give the win to Trump?

Gore would’ve been so much better than that disaster Bush.

I wondered this yesterday, how altered our timeline would be if that outcome was different.

The forgotten caveat of Florida, 2000 is that the incompetent MSM forgot there were two time zones in Florida and called the election for big Al before the fucking poles were closed in the panhandle.

W won...

The GOP can also win by having the state legislatures choose the delegates to vote for Trump.

This is not unfeasible. If they get behind the idea of democrat vote rigging in Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona etc. GOP state controlled politics in those states can have the delegates vote different. This was outlined in the Atlantic article. This year Delegates must cast a vote by mid December, new legislatures elected wont take office till January.

They can also have lawsuits. Recounts. And have the DOJ drop a bomb of election interference and fake ballots. And have ballots thrown out or stopped.

Lawsuits will inevitably go to the Supreme Court were I doubt a 6 majority GOPers will vote against the GOP interests.

I doubt this is over
The court is Conservative, not GOP. They have ruled against Donald's Trump's interests plenty of times. Not to mention, that happened because of a vote counting issue and the state of Florida was not decided.

I doubt this is over

Thats an appalling vista. Id worry for the integrity of the nation if it goes that far.

I doubt this is over
you forgot the Antifa/BLM factor ... that's one of the aces the Dems have on their sleeves if GOP try to hijack this malarky....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back