20 year old man killed in park playing Pokemon Go

• Thread starter Deleted member 491001
  • Start date
How does this work, are the Pokemen in set locations or do they vary?

Criminals know where they show up and just wait?

as a level 18 pokemon trainer, i feel qualified to answer these questions.

there are sites that you can lure, they are called pokestops. the stops on their own will attract players for their rewards; pokeballs, health potions, incubators and eggs. when a lure is placed on the stop it is more likely a rarer pokemon will appear in the area to capture as well.

This is to be expected. A sudden increase in people wandering about without any awareness of their surroundings means an increase in people being victimized.

Shit is ridiculous. There is a church across the street from my house that has a poke spot or whatever, now there are always people standing out front with their phones out.

I have heard they are randomly generated, hence there are pokemon to be caught in the US Holocaust Museum and so forth. I just got some mass email at work the other day that kids are trying to gain access to some of our buildings because there are pokemons hiding up in thurr.

There was a big green motherfucker at Walmart the other day. I wasted like 15 balls trying to get that bitch. Apparently I'm not a high enough level or whatever. Idk shit about Pokemon but the game is fun.

This is to be expected. A sudden increase in people wandering about without any awareness of their surroundings means an increase in people being victimized.
or, like, there are 10 million people playing it and 16k murders a year so it would be surprising if there wasn't some overlap.

As a life long Scifi fan, it kinda shits me that augmented reality's first global phenomenon/killer app was Pokemon Go...

Not enough to go down to the park and start murdering kids though.

As a life long Scifi fan, it kinda shits me that augmented reality's first global phenomenon/killer app was Pokemon Go...

Not enough to go down to the park and start murdering kids though.
you could play its predecessor, ingress.

Pokemon Go didn't kill the guy. A scumbag with a gun did.

It's a random killing. Finding random people to shoot isn't difficult, doesn't really have anything to do with the app.

They killed another white man.

(they is purposely vague)

#WhiteLivesMatter

No I couldn't. I've never owned a mobile phone.
dalegribble.png

He's a character from a TV show.

TV is short for television.

A television is a flat, rectangular electronic panel that lights up and displays images captured by a similar device but in reverse. It is predominantly used as an entertainment device.

Entertainment is...ah forget it. ;)

It's his own fault. He shouldn't have been enjoying life and the freedom to play Pokemon Go.

That is why I only play when I am driving. Tougher to shoot me when I am in my car.

I, for one, am shocked that being a situationally unaware zombie could lead to bad things. Shocked, I say!

Shitty deal. RIP.

dalegribble.png

He's a character from a TV show.

TV is short for television.

A television is a flat, rectangular electronic panel that lights up and displays images captured by a similar device but in reverse. It is predominantly used as an entertainment device.

Entertainment is...ah forget it. ;)

Yeah, I had a television for a while about 20 years ago.

Shit is ridiculous. There is a church across the street from my house that has a poke spot or whatever, now there are always people standing out front with their phones out.

tumblr_n7tgf7J37x1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Back