Media 2 years ago today, Dustin Poirier and Max Holloway delivered an all time classic 5 rounds of war

what a banger, there's so many ufc fights where you can place it in the top 10

I remember it being one sided but its actually very competitive. Great fight.

Yeah it was. Dustin evolving and beating beasts while Conor gets fed a shopworn cerrone...... then Conor opens a massive favorite over DP. What an overlay ( which the franklin u. said before the fight).

I could have attended that event in-person, too... still kick myself for missing the opportunity in hindsight.

Reactions: Gio
Great fight. Time flies!

What a night, what a card. Crazy how overlooked this fight is because of the Co-main before it.

One of the best fights ever in MMA history. Dustin Poirier became the UFC Interim Lightweight Champion at UFC 236.

April 13, 2019

One of the best fights we’ve had in the last 2-3 years the way I see it.

Competitive but with a clear winner. It was a great fight
I watched that fight 3 times at 3 differnet times over the last couple of years, and sure i would've given it to Dustin bc of the bigger shots and slightly better control, but Max truly came on in rounds 3-5. First 2 Dustin, last three were way closer than the media made it out. Also Dana screaming that Max should go back down to Featherweight bc he's too small, blah blah. He took Dustin's best shots and still kept coming forward. Dustin is really just that good. I'd pick Max against a lot of the lightweights in the top 10

If Conor won’t fight Dustin then make this rematch.

Already two years, damn where does the time go? I remember that fight like it was yesterday, along with Izzy-Gastelum.

If Conor won’t fight Dustin then make this rematch.

This is actually a rematch between these two, and Dustin is already 2-0 vs Max.

Alltime great fight one of the highest level combined skill displayed b/w both combatants . Way better than Kelvin Izzy

Back