2 workouts a day. (too much?)

johnnynoname said:
I agree that their is no such thing as overtraining. Their is such thing as not having the motivation to train twice a day but their is no such thing as overtraining.

Bullshit, everybody in the fitness world knows overtraining exists. There's a point where your muscles will break down.

I'll bet a bundle this trainer didn't begin his career with this workout. Some guys can work up to this with years of training, but if I tried to do this, or a Marion Jones workout, or any other world class athlete's workout, I'd just be overtraining.

If you don't want to believe in overtraining, fine, but don't say it doesn't exist just because you like the way it sounds. Provide something more than a case study (minus the necessdary background information, I might add). Believe me, you'll become a firm believer in overtraining when you develop your first case of severe tendonitis.

Yes, I train in Thailand.
Thais are not sports science minds. There is over training. YOu cannot train heavyweights like light weights. Most THais are not past 70 kilos. There is a huge difference when you weigh more than 90 kilos.

Most foreigners come here and try to impress people and are sick within 3 days--and that cuts out weeks of training.

You have no frame of reference if you have not trained in the weather.

It is beyond grueling. Metnally it kills you and that is why their careers are so short. They want to have a life.

This work out is done 6 days a week. They do not peak for fights they train harder up until the day before. It's not the smartest training--there are better methods. They know nothing about nutrition or recovery. But this is what they do.

Most of you could not hang with a week of this training--you would be sick and injured.

And the THai Pad rounds are HARD as SHIT.

BUt they do it.

THey are so hard to fight because of their minds and ability to take pain--and they can smoke 3 minut rounds like nothing. I have traqined 8 minute rounds--at the intensity that you in the West would try to make 3 minutes--it's a different level.

But yes there is overtraining--that was a stupid comment that there is not. Get a Exerecise Physiology degree and you will learn.

I dont believe in overetraining if you listen to your body eat right, sleep right, and supplement it right

Boomstick said:
I dont believe in overetraining if you listen to your body eat right, sleep right, and supplement it right
That I can agree with. I certainly wasn't listening to my body when I overtrained back in my swimming heyday.

Come to Thailand and try to keep up--you will be overtrained. You're weak here if you don't try to keep up--so listen to that.

Boomstick said:
How many miles is 13km?
I like it alot.
I bet the humidity is fucking killer. Much props to the Thai

It's 8.0782 miles.

1 km = 0.6214 mi / 1 mi = 1.6093 km

johnnynoname said:
I agree that their is no such thing as overtraining. Their is such thing as not having the motivation to train twice a day but their is no such thing as overtraining.

don't say that to a bodybuilder or powerlifter

Make sure to cycle your workouts. Change everthing all the time. Time, Frequency, Tempo..etc

teep said:
Come to Thailand and try to keep up--you will be overtrained. You're weak here if you don't try to keep up--so listen to that.

How much did you money did you need to leave and go to thailand and what gym do your train at? I was planning to got like 2 years ago, but several broken ribs a new car, and school bills have burned through the money I saved to go.

How long do you want to train?
What time of yeat?
You live in the US?
I've trained at several gyms--I am in Northern Thailand--good fit with the camp.

Back