2 things

fido

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Latifi got robbed and Jones is going to pop again. 100

I actually wouldn’t even be mad if Johnny boy was back in church this morning thanking Jesus. He had a prayer answered for sure

USADA doesn't disclose positives anymore. We might know in 6 years though.

All latifi did was try to Hump Lewis all fight.

Latifi literally did nothing but hug. I’m all for grappling in mma too, I find Colby, Usman, Khabib, etc all entertaining. But what latifi did is literally not try to entertain the fans, but somehow win whether that meant putting all the fans to sleep so he could get in the rankings. Fuck him

Latifi didn't win, either via the scoring system or by how the scoring system should be. Lewis outstruck him and that trumps Latifi's top control.

If Jones looked that bad & still pops then his dealer needs to give him a refund. I agree that whilst boring Latifi did enough to deserve the decision.

Latifi literally did nothing but hug. I’m all for grappling in mma too, I find Colby, Usman, Khabib, etc all entertaining. But what latifi did is literally not try to entertain the fans, but somehow win whether that meant putting all the fans to sleep so he could get in the rankings. Fuck him
Fuck YOU. His job isn't to entertain you.

Latifi losing was a blessing to UFC. Perfect call. Fuck that chicken shit. If you're scared to fight the man, don't sign the contract.

I wouldn't be surprised if DOMINICK popped for peds. The dude looked like an alien.

Reply to @Klaavical

giphy.gif

I can see how one could argue the fight in Latifi's favor, but I scored that for Lewis. I've been called an apologist and defender of lay-and-pray and boring, grinding wrestlers/point-fighters more than once. I think Usman, Khabib, Curtis, and hell even Michael Chiesa to a degree, etc. all have perfectly valid blueprints that they follow.

But Ilir did nothing with the takedowns beyond a few pitter-patter body shots from side control that visibly had no power behind them. He never tried to improve his position or attempt a submission. Considering the facts that he was outstruck on the feet, ceded Octagon control for much of the bout, and was visibly rocked... I think it's fair to give the fight to Black Beast. Had he spent time in mount or side control and dished even remotely punishing GnP or threatened a sub or two, I would gladly change my tune.

People have short memories. Derrick's last fight against Blagoy had him being taken down at will, but Ivanov actually had multiple near submissions and was somewhat competitive in the standup. Derrick won because he had the more efficient striking and Octagon control, yet the result was less controversial than this one for some reason.

Latifi the smaller guy handled the bigger true HW. The same scoring system would give randy couture a win with the same performance.

I get why they gave the black beast the win, but doesn’t change the fact it was a robbery.

It was a personal victory for Latifi I guess.

Back