2 things. Reyes won, and Jon is a shell of himself.

It is a bit strange how he was able to dominate Cornier using wrestling but against Reyes he could do nothing. Jones has lost his most lethal skill and instead relies on his striking. He is a very good striker but had Reyes had more in his gas tank, the judges would have undeniably had to give Reyes at least 1 more round.

Next step for Jones is to figure out how he can start implementing his wrestling again and why he lost it. Could be USADA, could be something else. Nevertheless he should
Be able to do more. Jones with 2-3 rounds of using his wrestling would still dominate, now he got lucky that the judges are blind.

Well considering I just watched him fight and I'm commenting on the bout why the silly question? I peronlly thing Jon has been slowing since the St Preux fight.

Jones looked awesome last night. He was in the best shape of life. He was explosive & athletic, and intimidating. His boxing also looked immensely improved. He was actually parrying. No one has really hurt Dom Reyes that badly, he’s a great boxer with a heck of a chin. I’m not sure what people think Jones was supposed to do. Reyes TDD is some of the best in the business at present moment. All things considered, jones fought a beautifully sound fight. If anything, Reyes avoided engagingly

This was 3:2 or even 4:1 for Reyes, do not see how other score is possible. 4th round was close, but Jones was hurt the most in that one, and became panic wrestler. Reyes was not hurt/stunned in any part of the fight.

Turning back and running away was hilarious, what a fighter, goat :).

Which fights are you talking about? Just curious so I can see for myself

I think Prime Jones lasted from 2010 to the first DC fight. So any of those fights. His first DC fight was probably his peak. Then he bulked up and we saw him start to decline vs OSP. Had a good performance against DC the second time, but unlike the first fight they were relatively even up until the headkick, and Jones failed a drug test so that performance didn't count. Back then he could outwrestle an Olympic wrestler and outstrike him too. DC outstruck and outwrestled everyone up till that point.
229_Jon_Jones_vs_Daniel_Cormier.0.0-730x445.jpg

Compare that to Jon's last 3 fights where he either couldn't take down or hold down fighters with barely any wrestling credentials or accomplishments. Current Jones is having trouble outgrappling the guy who got outgrappled by another guy (Volkan) who was badly outgrappled by 40 year old DC. MMA math doesn't always work, but skillset math does work most of the time. Prime Jones wasn't just outwrestling DC, he outwrestled everybody.

He was a killer back then. He didn't cower and run when the opponent got up in his face. In any of his 5 rounds fights before the OSP fight, he looked fresher than he did at the end of the last 2 fights.

Last edited:
Reyes won that fight. It was close, but he won. And Jon is not even close to being what he was 5 years ago.
Jon is still a goat, but he IS slowing down and does not have a lot of time left before he gets beat. Prime Jon would have put Reyes into Netherland.
did the shell like jones come out of his shell when usada came along.
jones has always been overrated and juiced his way to greatness.

I think Prime Jones lasted from 2010 to the first DC fight. So any of those fights. His first DC fight was probably his peak. Then he bulked up and we saw him start to decline vs OSP. Had a good performance against DC the second time, but unlike the first fight they were relatively even up until the headkick, and Jones failed a drug test so that performance didn't count. Back then he could outwrestle an Olympic wrestler and outstrike him too. DC outstruck and outwrestled everyone up till that point.
229_Jon_Jones_vs_Daniel_Cormier.0.0-730x445.jpg

Compare that to Jon's last 3 fights where he either couldn't take down or hold down fighters with barely any wrestling credentials or accomplishments. Current Jones is having trouble outgrappling the guy who got outgrappled by another guy (Volkan) who was badly outgrappled by 40 year old DC. MMA math doesn't always work, but skillset math does work most of the time. Prime Jones wasn't just outwrestling DC, he outwrestled everybody.

He was a killer back then. He didn't cower and run when the opponent got up in his face. In any of his 5 rounds fights before the OSP fight, he looked fresher than he did at the end of the last 2 fights.
jones had the testosterone levels of a 90 year old man for the first cormier fight.
no usada. equals being juiced to the gills.

It's really strange how he threw Olympic level wrestler, undefeated at HW and LHW, Daniel Cormier around the octagon like he was a baby. Then failed a lot of drugs tests. Now he can't handle Dominic Reyes' strength, and can't secure any takedowns.

But he is innocent of any wrong doing by USADA so it's definitely not that.
Ehh dom is a big ass dude, different bodies, mma wrestling=/ olympic wrestling. I don't think it is due to Jon fighting clean now.

We all know he hasn't been clean tho.

Nah Reyes looked like shit after the fight. He was winded & had a mouth full of blood. Jones had what, a sweat? Cmon, jones was on another level last night. Walking backwards & landing ineffective counter strikes mean squat. Reyes was terrified of grappling with him, it was pathetic
I don't know if you are being sarcastic. The only person that can be described as terrified is Jones because he literally turned his back and jogged away more than once. And his takedown attempts were only because he was aware he was losing the fight. It would just be dumb to not fight a takedown when you are winning on the feet. especially when the guy is a top wrestler like Jon. Both men walked and talked at the presser after the fight

Calm down, spastic.

No one in their right mind would think Reyes won anything last night. He walked backwards landing powerless counter strikes the entire night. He was made to look pedestrian. Did Zero damage & looked like he was absolutely exhausted afterwards.

Meanwhile, jones looked better than he’d looked in years. Walked a great fighter down & nullified everything he did. Reyes is a great fighter who really hurts just about anyone he faces. He wasn’t able to do anything against jones.
Lol you must be on smack

Jones has never had a good time with guys his size. Contrast that with McGregor who whoops his opponents regardless.

Jones and his steroids effect are wearing off lol

Reyes won that fight. It was close, but he won. And Jon is not even close to being what he was 5 years ago.
Jon is still a goat, but he IS slowing down and does not have a lot of time left before he gets beat. Prime Jon would have put Reyes into Netherland.

Stylebender is that you?

This is the real jon jones and people wonder why this guy was taking roid EVEN DOE IT DIDNT MAKE HIM A GREAT FIGHTER! RIGHT?

It's been nearly a decade since Jon Jones embarassed Shogun, get over it.

The amound of peds Jon may have taken throughout his carreer doesn't even add up to a weekly dose of peds Shogun was taking during his pride days.

It's been nearly a decade since Jon Jones embarassed Shogun, get over it.

The amound of peds Jon may have taken throughout his carreer doesn't even add up to a weekly dose of peds Shogun was taking during his pride days.
Whatever helps u sleep at night kiddo. Ur hero is actually a convicted riod abuser. Shogun body is barely functioning yet he still fights with a warrior spirit ask Jon to fight someone at HW since he supposedly cleaned out his division, he will get in another car crash before he faces a hw. He wont even fight dc, who he best twice xD cuz get this kid, jones does not want to give him a advantage xD. U look up to a fraud/coward. Keep hanging on his nuts cuz once jones lose retards like u will be nowhere to seen. Unlike people like me who seen shogun get battered again and again and I will still stay one of the biggest shogun/ Penn fan. Difference between a real fan and pretender. Now gtfo.

Whatever helps u sleep at night kiddo. Ur hero is actually a convicted riod abuser. Shogun body is barely functioning yet he still fights with a warrior spirit ask Jon to fight someone at HW since he supposedly cleaned out his division, he will get in another car crash before he faces a hw. He wont even fight dc, who he best twice xD cuz get this kid, jones does not want to give him a advantage xD. U look up to a fraud/coward. Keep hanging on his nuts cuz once jones lose retards like u will be nowhere to seen. Unlike people like me who seen shogun get battered again and again and I will still stay one of the biggest shogun/ Penn fan. Difference between a real fan and pretender. Now gtfo.

I don't know about you fangirl but i don't lose sleep over MMA.
I appreciate fighters for how they perform in the ring and i have a life outside of MMA that i dont need know what outfit a fighter is wearing on a particular day or who's dating who. Unlike you little fangirl I couldn't care less if Jon Jones bought a new watch or crashed his sports car.

Try having a job and a gf maybe you wont need to follow celebrities' private lives as much.

What did the Dutch do to deserve Reyes going to Netherlands ?

I don't know about you fangirl but i don't lose sleep over MMA.
I appreciate fighters for how they perform in the ring and i have a life outside of MMA that i dont need know what outfit a fighter is wearing on a particular day or who's dating who. Unlike you little fangirl I couldn't care less if Jon Jones bought a new watch or crashed his sports car.

Try having a job and a gf maybe you wont need to follow celebrities' private lives as much.
Lol nice deflect. Ya just start rambling on about some bs about fangirl. Sorry bro, I didnt know you were the only person with a personal life. How the fuck does what i said turn into me being obsessed with celebrities xd. Jones fans a dumb as fuck. Like i said whatever helps u sleep at night kiddo.

Back