2 things. Reyes won, and Jon is a shell of himself.

On his best day, he tired after 3 rounds. No, he’s not on Jones’s level. When you have to throw almost 100 more strikes than your opponent, but only land 12 more.....that is not “effective striking” and no he’s not on his level. When your opponent lands 62% of his strikes vs your 44%....no he’s not on Jones’s level.

if you want to talk about scoring, part of the criteria literally talks about effective striking, controlling fighting space and aggressiveness. Now if you want to make up your own criteria and all one needs to do is outland the opponent by a few strikes, then I guess go right ahead. So if you want to base the scoring on simply outlanding someone, then take out the rest of the crap spelled out in the scoring criteria.
Lol, you believe that scoring is percentage based? Could you imagine if this was reality? Khabib would never win a decision ever with how many takdowns he fails to secure until he finally does. His TD accuracy is like 40% and wins every round lol... I got no words for this post. Do you understand sports lol

I think it was a close fight, and you have to "beat" the champ to take the title. A normal fight it should have been Reyes that won. In a championship fight............................ I dunno. And I will be right up front and say it, Jon looked like he was off the juice and it showed. I dunno if that is true or not, but that is what I suspect in my own mind. Anyone that thinks he is even close to the same fighter when he was 25 is stretching a lot. And the scoring? Meh. The judges did what they did. Others scored it different.
For what it’s worth, 14 out of 20 media members compiled by MMA Decisions scored it 48-47 to Reyes. On the few who scored it for Jones, none of them gave him more than three rounds.

And a quick edit. I made a post like 3 days ago that said Reyes has no way to beat Jon. THAT is how far off Jon is from what he used to be.

Reyes won that fight. It was close, but he won. And Jon is not even close to being what he was 5 years ago.
Jon is still a goat, but he IS slowing down and does not have a lot of time left before he gets beat. Prime Jon would have put Reyes into Netherland.

Not one judge gave it to Reyes

Reyes was taking time off during rounds to get his breath while Jones kept coming forward and initiating fighting etc

Jones won and if you think it was a close fight and Reyes is your boy then how is Jones a shell of himself . Reyes didn't hurt Jones with anything

When the rounds seemed close Reyes was taken down

So a shell of himself Jones won on all judges scorecards

It's as simple as that Reyes had his chances but he failed tin hurt Jones and Jones head movement stopped alot from landing

How much do you know about steroids? Have you studied? Do you even know what he was taking?

You Sherdog pharmacists are hilarious.

I didn't accuse him of taking steroids, just said it was weird. You're automatically assuming I'm implying he won those fights because he was taking PEDs. Which is a fair assessment.

As for how much I know about steroids, it's not as much as Jon Jones or his brothers know, that's for sure.

And there is no need to speculate about what he may or may not have taken, as he has failed tests for Turinabol, chlomophine and letrozole, so we can say those 3 banned substances for sure. Don't need to be a pharmacist to know what those things do.

I didn't accuse him of taking steroids, just said it was weird. You're automatically assuming I'm implying he won those fights because he was taking PEDs. Which is a fair assessment.

As for how much I know about steroids, it's not as much as Jon Jones or his brothers know, that's for sure.

And there is no need to speculate about what he may or may not have taken, as he has failed tests for Turinabol, chlomophine and letrozole, so we can say those 3 banned substances for sure. Don't need to be a pharmacist to know what those things do.
They don't do much, those are all shitty roids

They don't do much, those are all shitty roids

I've never heard letrozole, and yea Turinabol is old school and there are probably better things to be taking, but Clomid is one of the most popular things to use in a pct in the world still, just ask the other all natty champ Brock Lesnar. There is no legit other reason for it to be in your system. It's a pretty big smoking gun in my opinion.

I've never heard letrozole, and yea Turinabol is old school and there are probably better things to be taking, but Clomid is one of the most popular things to use in a pct in the world still, just ask the other all natty champ Brock Lesnar. There is no legit other reason for it to be in your system. It's a pretty big smoking gun in my opinion.
I'm not saying he didn't take roids lol I'm just saying the roids he took sucked.

I had Reyes winning 3-2 (winning the 3 first rounds)

Jones finished stronger but all the rounds count the same. If this was PRIDE, then the argument for Jones would be stronger.

It was obviously a close fight. I hope for an immediate re-match.

it was a brilliant fight. dominant champs like Jones are so good that they are not really challenged that often. both guys should be commended for the fight they put on.

Jones is in his early 30's. should be leaving his athletic prime. since he was caught using PEDs, there is no sense arguing over the fact that he was juiced in the past. I don't know what he is using now but there is a very good chance that it is a lot less than in the past.

very common to see older wrestlers struggle to get takedowns once they lose the edge off their explosiveness. that looks to be the case with Jones. for all of the old "K1 Hughes" jokes, the fact is that Matt got to a point where he could not explode for takedowns (and perhaps lacked the deep reserves of energy to chain them together) and so he relied more on more on his stand up. the good news for Jones is that he is an awesome all around striker and so, like GSP, he should be able to manage that decline better than most

Lol, you believe that scoring is percentage based? Could you imagine if this was reality? Khabib would never win a decision ever with how many takdowns he fails to secure until he finally does. His TD accuracy is like 40% and wins every round lol... I got no words for this post. Do you understand sports lol

You’re trying your best to condescend me while coming across as a total dumbass. I didn’t start talking about scoring until I literally said in my post, “If you want to talk about scoring....” I did not say percentages are taken into account when scoring. However, effective striking is. And the reason I reference the percentages is to show your dumbass who was striking more effectively.
Even DC, who hates Jones more than anyone in the world, more or less agreed with the decision.

It's really strange how he threw Olympic level wrestler, undefeated at HW and LHW, Daniel Cormier around the octagon like he was a baby. Then failed a lot of drugs tests. Now he can't handle Dominic Reyes' strength, and can't secure any takedowns.

But he is innocent of any wrong doing by USADA so it's definitely not that.

This is some true unadulterated stupidity. Do you not watch fights? Do you just watch highlights? Reyes is a hundred times the dynamic strike that Cormier is. He’s also younger & considerably more swift. What a dumb fuck comparison

Also, Jones looked freaking huge last night. He was clearly geared out of his dome. Reyes is extremely dangerous, he seriously hurts everyone he faces. He didn’t do a damn thing to jones & had a mouth full of blood & an empty gas tank to show for himself after the fight. Jones literally fought a perfect fight minus a few minor missteps early on.

You people are retarded. The Reyes kid got worked, end of fuckin story

Juice era Jones was the greatest mma fighter I’ve ever seen.

Post drug test failures Jones is a good fighter but not near his former self.
Dude jones was massive & shredded last night & looked the best he’d looked in a few years. He’s clearly still cycling. Reyes is nearly impossible to finish & he hits to kill. Jones went five rounds & had what, a slight sweat? He outclassed the shit out of a young powerful striker, who basically walked away from him the entire fight. Wtf are you people talking about

Endurance is a great attribute...and I can see why people think that's so important..but this is a sport and who is fresher in the latter rounds shouldn't matter. If we play baseball, and you score 9 times in the first inning and I score twice in the 8th and 9th..I lose. If you score 48 points in the first half of any other sport and I score 10 in the second..I lose. So no matter what, if Jones doesn't get 10-8 rounds, he should lose the fight if he lost the first 3 rounds. That being said. They need to start scoring more draws. That third round was either for Reyes or a draw. I watched it twice. Jones got too much credit for walking him down..and those takedowns shouldn't have gotten him any points..in fact a take down, with out being able to keep him down or any damage is the same as a missed punch imo. At the very least Dom may have not done enough to beat him..but he was not beat up either..he didn't deserve to lose his 0

Nah Reyes looked like shit after the fight. He was winded & had a mouth full of blood. Jones had what, a sweat? Cmon, jones was on another level last night. Walking backwards & landing ineffective counter strikes mean squat. Reyes was terrified of grappling with him, it was pathetic

Jones arrogance is getting the best of him. Trying to match his opponents at there strength is going to be the end of him. He should have wrestled the shit out of Reyes from the first round. I imagine the re-match he'll follow a better game plan and get him out of there like the second Gus fight.

Are you serious, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:?

(I didn’t want watch the fight)

Yes the entire fight was basically Reyes manically avoiding any sort of grappling or clinching whatsoever. Just walking backwards. He didn’t land a couple decent power shots but they barely did anything. He basically avoid-fought. Jones walked him down & constantly threatened the takedown, meanwhile landing great jabs that got through & busted up Reyes mouth. He also landed some good take downs. The knees & kicks Jones went for looked very explosive, although nothing for either fighter really landed flush, they’re both good boxers. Jones boxing looked better than it’d ever had, and Reyes looked how he always does. The posts saying jones looked old or off the gear have to be troll posts or irony. He looked geared up big time. He was massive & shredded & his cardio was unreal.

The point is that Reyes lost fair & square & all these posts saying he won are complete nonsense

Jones arrogance is getting the best of him. Trying to match his opponents at there strength is going to be the end of him. He should have wrestled the shit out of Reyes from the first round. I imagine the re-match he'll follow a better game plan and get him out of there like the second Gus fight.

Why would there be a rematch? Let Jones fight Volkan & make Reyes go to the back of the line. Keep grooming Oleksiejczuk if he wins later this month. Get Rakic back on the fast track. Etc. The last thing I want to see is a rematch between those two. Way too much young talent brewing within that division.

Also, there was no space to wrestle Reyes in the first rd. Not familiar with Reyes? He’s very athletic & has great TDD. Jones was clearly looking for a TD, there wasn’t an opening for one. And rushing in would have got him KOd. Jones fought perfectly

On his best day, he tired after 3 rounds. No, he’s not on Jones’s level. When you have to throw almost 100 more strikes than your opponent, but only land 12 more.....that is not “effective striking” and no he’s not on his level. When your opponent lands 62% of his strikes vs your 44%....no he’s not on Jones’s level.

if you want to talk about scoring, part of the criteria literally talks about effective striking, controlling fighting space and aggressiveness. Now if you want to make up your own criteria and all one needs to do is outland the opponent by a few strikes, then I guess go right ahead. So if you want to base the scoring on simply outlanding someone, then take out the rest of the crap spelled out in the scoring criteria.

Amen. Reyes is a great fighter & I think there’s room for improvement, but not much. He isn’t a transcendent athlete. He isn’t really elite anywhere, and it showed last night. He knew he was out of his league last night. He is, however, a very powerful counter striker with great timing & good instinct, and Jones knew this, hence being wary about going for the finish. It was a great technical MMA fight, and battle of brains between two high IQ, insanely tough fighters.

Sherdog is a joke lol

He looked amazing though. Are you not familiar with Dominick Reyes?
Well considering I just watched him fight and I'm commenting on the bout why the silly question? I peronlly thing Jon has been slowing since the St Preux fight.

Back