2 things. Reyes won, and Jon is a shell of himself.

If you can’t compete in the 4th and 5th rounds, you don’t deserve to be a champion. Jones is hardly a shell of himself. However, much like GSP in his last WW fights, opponents are having more success. At that level, you’ve been studied more than any other fighter and usually get everyone’s best effort. More credit should be given to Jones, because while these opponents have looked good against him early, they clearly cannot hang with him in the championship rounds.
This like arguing that points should count for double when in the final quarter/period/whatever in other sports. It's a really stupid thought process.

Actually that was the best version of Jon Jones so far. He looked sharp, agressive, and his cardio seemed suspicioulsy great. He also fought as dirty as always. The competition has just gotten better.

Jones looked phenomenal. Reyes got outclassed

1473185502964.gif

Calm down, spastic.

No one in their right mind would think Reyes won anything last night. He walked backwards landing powerless counter strikes the entire night. He was made to look pedestrian. Did Zero damage & looked like he was absolutely exhausted afterwards.

Meanwhile, jones looked better than he’d looked in years. Walked a great fighter down & nullified everything he did. Reyes is a great fighter who really hurts just about anyone he faces. He wasn’t able to do anything against jones.

This like arguing that points should count for double when in the final quarter/period/whatever in other sports. It's a really stupid thought process.

I don’t say anything about scoring rounds.

Calm down, spastic.

No one in their right mind would think Reyes won anything last night. He walked backwards landing powerless counter strikes the entire night. He was made to look pedestrian. Did Zero damage & looked like he was absolutely exhausted afterwards.

Meanwhile, jones looked better than he’d looked in years. Walked a great fighter down & nullified everything he did. Reyes is a great fighter who really hurts just about anyone he faces. He wasn’t able to do anything against jones.
Are you serious, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:?

(I didn’t want watch the fight)

I don’t say anything about scoring rounds.
If you can’t compete in the 4th and 5th rounds, you don’t deserve to be a champion.
If you don't deserve to become champion by winning rounds 1, 2, & 3, which is all that is necessary to win in this sport, then yes you were in fact talking about giving an added scoring measurement towards the final rounds.

Reyes won 123 for me so he should have got the nod but if it was infinite rounds i think Jones would win so not too bothered by the result.

So much hyperbole
He did not throw Daniel AR at all.

He won a close uneventful first fight in which he got three tds from which Cormier just got up. 48-47

And the second was. One round a pieve with Cormier backing jones up before running into a headkick

Of course there's a bit of hyperbole. But I did watch that fight before this one, and he took him down 3 times, tripped him once, and generally beat him everywhere. I think it was quite clear he was a lot stronger than DC in that fight.

Then look at him last night. He looked weak, scared to engage in stand up, and could do absolutely nothing with his takedowns, against someone who isn't exactly known as a D1 wrestler.

Hyperbole or not, Jones needs to get back on the juice asap.

If you don't deserve to become champion by winning rounds 1, 2, & 3, which is all that is necessary to win in this sport, then yes you were in fact talking about giving an added scoring measurement towards the final rounds.

I like how you can tell me what I was talking about, even though I already told you that your interpretation of my statement is incorrect....you must be special, smh. When I talked about Reyes not being able to compete in the 4th and 5th rounds, I was alluding to him not being at Jones’s championship level, therefore not deserving of the title of champion. When I said Jones should get credit for his performances in the championship rounds, it’s meant as in respect and not as in scoring. Is that clear enough for you??? I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT SCORING ROUNDS.

I like how you can tell me what I was talking about, even though I already told you that your interpretation of my statement is incorrect....you must be special, smh. When I talked about Reyes not being able to compete in the 4th and 5th rounds, I was alluding to him not being at Jones’s championship level, therefore not deserving of the title of champion. When I said Jones should get credit for his performances in the championship rounds, it’s meant as in respect and not as in scoring. Is that clear enough for you??? I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT SCORING ROUNDS.
So your point was that Reyes wasn't deserving of being champion, but if he won the first three rounds he would be in fact be champion which by both definition and reality make him at Jones' championship level, making your initial and following statements both contradictory and utterly pointless... That's fantastic sir. Congrats to you.

It's really strange how he threw Olympic level wrestler, undefeated at HW and LHW, Daniel Cormier around the octagon like he was a baby. Then failed a lot of drugs tests. Now he can't handle Dominic Reyes' strength, and can't secure any takedowns.

But he is innocent of any wrong doing by USADA so it's definitely not that.
My thoughts exactly. Jones before his 2017 - 2018 PED bust was throwing around guys like DC, Rashad and Bader like they were children. It was loony to watch. To this day, Prime Jones is the most mind blowing fighter I've ever seen. He was like a SHW in a LHW's body.

But now he's not much more physically dominant than guys like Smith, Santos and Reyes. I'm not taking away any credit from Reyes, who is an amazing LHW and should have earned everyone's respect, but Jones is clearly past his prime.

I thought Jon did enough to win the fight. It was a good fight, would love to see them run it back.
I feel like Reyes won, but didn't do enough to take the belt. I had no problem with the decision.

And yes, Jones is in decline big time. He is a different fighter both physically and mentally. The explosiveness is not the same at all, and he doesn't have that gorilla like strength anymore. He also lacks aggression and has lost his killer instinct. This fight reminded me of the first BJ vs Edgar fight because it left me puzzled as to what the fuck Jon was doing. Like was he choosing not to go after this guy, or was he unable too. I think it was a little of both.

If Jon where smart, he would take a big pay-day fight with Anderson and call it quits. He's not beating any of the top dogs at HW unless they completely gas, and the next decent prospect at LHW is going to beat him. A legit top of the food chain LHW like prime Chuck, Shogun, DC, Shad etc would have beat him last night, guaranteed. Without drugs, he's going to fall even harder than he would have naturally because he's fucked his endocrine system up with abuse. He's going to be like a clean Wanderlei Silva here in a couple fights without the gear. If he doesn't retire, I definitely see him pissing hot again

It's really strange how he threw Olympic level wrestler, undefeated at HW and LHW, Daniel Cormier around the octagon like he was a baby. Then failed a lot of drugs tests. Now he can't handle Dominic Reyes' strength, and can't secure any takedowns.

But he is innocent of any wrong doing by USADA so it's definitely not that.
How much do you know about steroids? Have you studied? Do you even know what he was taking?

You Sherdog pharmacists are hilarious.

So your point was that Reyes wasn't deserving of being champion, but if he won the first three rounds he would be in fact be champion which by both definition and reality make him at Jones' championship level, making your initial and following statements both contradictory and utterly pointless... That's fantastic sir. Congrats to you.

On his best day, he tired after 3 rounds. No, he’s not on Jones’s level. When you have to throw almost 100 more strikes than your opponent, but only land 12 more.....that is not “effective striking” and no he’s not on his level. When your opponent lands 62% of his strikes vs your 44%....no he’s not on Jones’s level.

if you want to talk about scoring, part of the criteria literally talks about effective striking, controlling fighting space and aggressiveness. Now if you want to make up your own criteria and all one needs to do is outland the opponent by a few strikes, then I guess go right ahead. So if you want to base the scoring on simply outlanding someone, then take out the rest of the crap spelled out in the scoring criteria.

On his best day, he tired after 3 rounds. No, he’s not on Jones’s level. When you have to throw almost 100 more strikes than your opponent, but only land 12 more.....that is not “effective striking” and no he’s not on his level. When your opponent lands 62% of his strikes vs your 44%....no he’s not on Jones’s level.

if you want to talk about scoring, part of the criteria literally talks about effective striking, controlling fighting space and aggressiveness. Now if you want to make up your own criteria and all one needs to do is outland the opponent by a few strikes, then I guess go right ahead. So if you want to base the scoring on simply outlanding someone, then take out the rest of the crap spelled out in the scoring criteria.
<Bottle.gif>

Back