2 things. Reyes won, and Jon is a shell of himself.

I'm not just talking about this fight. He has been consistently like this for 3-4 past fights, a shell of his former self. He looked lackluster even when dominating Smith.

I think Jon set the bar really high early on in his career. It’s pretty hard to continue to live up to that. That said, dudes still can’t hang in the championship rounds.

The ufc has shilled for Jon too much to let him lose a decision. It’s going to take someone with more star power to dethrone him without a stoppage.

I think Izzy smokes picoless Jon

If you can’t compete in the 4th and 5th rounds, you don’t deserve to be a champion. Jones is hardly a shell of himself. However, much like GSP in his last WW fights, opponents are having more success. At that level, you’ve been studied more than any other fighter and usually get everyone’s best effort. More credit should be given to Jones, because while these opponents have looked good against him early, they clearly cannot hang with him in the championship rounds.
Endurance is a great attribute...and I can see why people think that's so important..but this is a sport and who is fresher in the latter rounds shouldn't matter. If we play baseball, and you score 9 times in the first inning and I score twice in the 8th and 9th..I lose. If you score 48 points in the first half of any other sport and I score 10 in the second..I lose. So no matter what, if Jones doesn't get 10-8 rounds, he should lose the fight if he lost the first 3 rounds. That being said. They need to start scoring more draws. That third round was either for Reyes or a draw. I watched it twice. Jones got too much credit for walking him down..and those takedowns shouldn't have gotten him any points..in fact a take down, with out being able to keep him down or any damage is the same as a missed punch imo. At the very least Dom may have not done enough to beat him..but he was not beat up either..he didn't deserve to lose his 0

If you can’t compete in the 4th and 5th rounds, you don’t deserve to be a champion. Jones is hardly a shell of himself. However, much like GSP in his last WW fights, opponents are having more success. At that level, you’ve been studied more than any other fighter and usually get everyone’s best effort. More credit should be given to Jones, because while these opponents have looked good against him early, they clearly cannot hang with him in the championship rounds.
Check this out--it doesn't matter which rounds you win as long as you win more. But go ahead and make up your own scoring system

Endurance is a great attribute...and I can see why people think that's so important..but this is a sport and who is fresher in the latter rounds shouldn't matter. If we play baseball, and you score 9 times in the first inning and I score twice in the 8th and 9th..I lose. If you score 48 points in the first half of any other sport and I score 10 in the second..I lose. So no matter what, if Jones doesn't get 10-8 rounds, he should lose the fight if he lost the first 3 rounds. That being said. They need to start scoring more draws. That third round was either for Reyes or a draw. I watched it twice. Jones got too much credit for walking him down..and those takedowns shouldn't have gotten him any points..in fact a take down, with out being able to keep him down or any damage is the same as a missed punch imo. At the very least Dom may have not done enough to beat him..but he was not beat up either..he didn't deserve to lose his 0

I’ll have to go watch again. At the end of the 2nd round, it felt like a Jones round to me. I was surprised the striking stats were 27-21 Reyes. To me it just seemed like Jones controlled that round. I could be wrong. At the end I scored it 2,4 and 5 for Jones.

Check this out--it doesn't matter which rounds you win as long as you win more. But go ahead and make up your own scoring system

Reading comprehension much? I didn’t talk about scoring on my post. When I said giving “credit” to Jones I mean respect. Not credit as in points or scoring a round.

The ufc has shilled for Jon too much to let him lose a decision. It’s going to take someone with more star power to dethrone him without a stoppage.

I think Izzy smokes picoless Jon

izzy gonna get pounded by big Yoel

If you can't compete when you are fresh and your cardio is at max you don't deserve to be champion. See how dumb that sounds!

Reyes won that fight. It was close, but he won. And Jon is not even close to being what he was 5 years ago.
Jon is still a goat, but he IS slowing down and does not have a lot of time left before he gets beat. Prime Jon would have put Reyes into Netherland.
Reye's 48-47 for sure however Jones is not a shell of himself and you calling him that is a compliment to how good he really is. Jones is so damn good that if he doesn't blow world class fighters out of the water he is old, slowed down, a shell etc. Jones lost last night and got a lucky decision but he is not a shell, you and many others just think so highly of him that if he doesn't win in devastating fashion he is a shell.

Nope hes hardly a shell and Reyes did win

Bones isnt facing short fat MWs and washed up fighters anymore thats the biggest difference in the difference of his performance levels from then and now. And even before he had struggles against similar type fighters

As a Jones fan, I feel every other Jones fan should be able to see this. Both his striking, wrestling and cardio went down so much that he's not even on the same level he was before. Look at his output volume in his peak years.
Which fights are you talking about? Just curious so I can see for myself

The only good thing i saw this last fight is:

Pokes clearly was high on the juice until the last USADA blunder , now MAYBE he is living precariously of the dividends of it.

i could make a case for the Marreta fight going his way but he lost this one pretty clear.

I’ll have to go watch again. At the end of the 2nd round, it felt like a Jones round to me. I was surprised the striking stats were 27-21 Reyes. To me it just seemed like Jones controlled that round. I could be wrong. At the end I scored it 2,4 and 5 for Jones.
Reyes didn't just go hard the first half of the fight and allow Jones to march at him the whole time and control the second half of the fight...he basically did that every round that he won too. It's just Reyes scored more the first half of those rounds and if things are scored fair, marching forward and putting out offense that wasn't as much as what Reyes did, should not win Jones the rd. I'm not even sure which round should have been a draw. I just focused on the second and third because those are the ones that people seem to think are close or some think Jon won one of those. That's just not the case. The numbers don't lie. That's why I say, it should have been a draw, if not a win for Reyes

It's really strange how he threw Olympic level wrestler, undefeated at HW and LHW, Daniel Cormier around the octagon like he was a baby. Then failed a lot of drugs tests. Now he can't handle Dominic Reyes' strength, and can't secure any takedowns.

But he is innocent of any wrong doing by USADA so it's definitely not that.

So much hyperbole
He did not throw Daniel AR at all.

He won a close uneventful first fight in which he got three tds from which Cormier just got up. 48-47

And the second was. One round a pieve with Cormier backing jones up before running into a headkick

Back