2 reasons Anderson doesn't speak English in interviews

Lord Tensai MMA

Blue Belt
Banned
Reaction score
1. So he can full understand questions and respond to the best of his ability. If he's speaking live (especially after a fight) with his noggin throbbin', things could gets sticky for him.

2. So his fellow countrymen can understand his interviews.

Now that I have slathered my wisdom all o'er your frontal lobes, please refrain from claiming Anderson is avoiding speaking English. He's not. He's just speaking the language he is most comfy with

You say speaking Portuguese. I say not speaking English.

Let's call the whole thing off.

Common sense, but I suppose it did need to be said.

ojqninI.gif

3. It's part of his marketability.

Gives him that Mr. Miyagi vibe. Anderson should never fix his broken english, that + his high pitch voice is something I miss.

So you saw a thread already discussing this topic and you were like "hmm, I should make a whole new thread about this so people don't wade through pages of another thread to view my thoughts on the matter"?

Anderson doesn't speak English because he doesn't have to.
Why give trolls a chance to criticize his pronunciation, or misquote him... etc.

AS is the GOAT of trolls, and he says 'no' to all those games. (In Portuguese)

I bet he no speak English when WADA shows up at his gym

So you saw a thread already discussing this topic and you were like "hmm, I should make a whole new thread about this so people don't wade through pages of another thread to view my thoughts on the matter"?

It's a legit topic brah. Should he aks your permission before he posts a thread, or should he ask your mom?

lol

I figured it's because he doesn't speak english well enough to be confident to use it regularly in interviews and such.

One thing I would add is if he did slip up because something got lost in translation, he would have to hear about it endlessly even if it was clearly an honest mistake like the gay Jesus

Back