News #2 Promotion Combate Global LW Tournament Set for Aug 1

What are the odds that the people on this board who big up Combate don't actually watch Combate?

I don't know if I big it up but I certainly watch it.

Well lost the prelims cause I'm not buying Paramount+ (no other content I don't basically already have or interested in).

If you’re talking about me and those other two who that Toronto dude brings up all the time I actually watch every single event since they got a contract from univision. Can’t speak for Vulcan and bubba but I’m sure Vulcan watches he’s a hardcore also yes I know Latinos that watch those dramas on the channel and soccer like my pops.
<JackieThumbsUp>
They have some fun matches but very obviously low level fights. Props to you for actually watching, I have watched a couple of events but dont have enough time for all the orgs anymore. Even @Hellowhosthat cant even bring himself to watch them. The pacing is sometimes brutal, too; one of their last events had 3 fights in 2 hours...
Again, I think most people have the channel on because its Univision and for Latinos is pretty much the only channel you need, aside from TUDN and/or Telemundo.

They have some fun matches but very obviously low level fights. Props to you for actually watching, I have watched a couple of events but dont have enough time for all the orgs anymore. Even @Hellowhosthat cant even bring himself to watch them. The pacing is sometimes brutal, too; one of their last events had 3 fights in 2 hours...
Again, I think most people have the channel on because its Univision and for Latinos is pretty much the only channel you need, aside from TUDN and/or Telemundo.
The prelims are usually paced fast at least and yea the main card pacing is so brutal lol

I want to see how much of this is just Mexicans leaving their TVs on after falling asleep after the soccer game. They got a good tv deal no doubt but everyone would do those numbers or even better if they had the same deal.

Also no one knows that actual numbers for any off the other promotions since they are spread out over many platforms, so just like actual UFC PPV numbers, it's all a mystery.

But just to continue with the meme you are running, yes, I also do believe people are tuning in for the 3 fight or less fighters who occupy most of the Combate cards which get announced the day before.

I know man. It's as if Mexico hasn't been known to love some good fisticuffs with all those hopelessly unsuccessful boxers they've had throughout the years. They're just soooo bad at combat sports they'd definitely mistake it for kicky-ball.

Anyways, Combate is just doing what Bellator did in it's early Bjorn days. Capitalize on fight hungry Mexican fanbase. Good for them. It's helping grow the sport and is generally an exciting promotion.

I know man. It's as if Mexico hasn't been known to love some good fisticuffs with all those hopelessly unsuccessful boxers they've had throughout the years. They're just soooo bad at combat sports they'd definitely mistake it for kicky-ball.

Anyways, Combate is just doing what Bellator did in it's early Bjorn days. Capitalize on fight hungry Mexican fanbase. Good for them. It's helping grow the sport and is generally an exciting promotion.
Don't know if the "Mexican" style of boxing, aka get hit alot but hit your opponent more translates well to MMA with the smaller gloves

Last edited:

Oh wow a real Combate fan. <{JustBleed}>

Mexico has produced over 200 boxing champions and some of the greatest of all time, my man. If there is something we do well is fight.

Reactions: SBC
Gianluca Rocca 6-0 x Maxime Giacalone 5-5
Patrick Lehane 0-0 (6-8 as amateur) x Sebastian Santana Guedes 8-3-1

I know fuck all about these guys

Mexico has produced over 200 boxing champions and some of the greatest of all time, my man. If there is something we do well is fight.

Of course. Which is why I find it weird that people can’t believe Combates has some ok pull with Latinos, especially Mexicans. It’s pretty obvious Mexicans enjoy a good fight, and I don’t get why the poster I quoted would act like the only way Combates could pull decent numbers is because Mexicans just doze off after futbol or whatever nonsense he was on about.

Oh wow a real Combate fan. <{JustBleed}>

And what is wrong with liking Combates? Nothing I said was incorrect. They put on better shows than the crap Coker puts out, which a whopping 90% of Worldwide blows their load to. Lol, people knocking fighters at Combates records. Yeah, real cool until you realize they’re about on par with Aaron Pico’s yet we don’t fap to them.

Of course. Which is why I find it weird that people can’t believe Combates has some ok pull with Latinos, especially Mexicans. It’s pretty obvious Mexicans enjoy a good fight, and I don’t get why the poster I quoted would act like the only way Combates could pull decent numbers is because Mexicans just doze off after futbol or whatever nonsense he was on about.
Mexicans care about soccer and boxing, and to some extent baseball. Not even the UFC registers in the radar, even with Cain Velasquez back in the day or Brandon Moreno today. To think that the Latino community is vested in whatever Combate is doing sounds a bit crazy. Their shows are pretty decent but there is nothing particularly appealing about it and they usually announce their events with only a few days notice.

And what is wrong with liking Combates? Nothing I said was incorrect. They put on better shows than the crap Coker puts out, which a whopping 90% of Worldwide blows their load to. Lol, people knocking fighters at Combates records. Yeah, real cool until you realize they’re about on par with Aaron Pico’s yet we don’t fap to them.

Pico has had a very different level of competition than most of the guys you'll find on a combate card.

I have nothing against another MMA promotion finding success, and am glad you enjoy it. If you think Bellator is all crap that's your opinion but you lost me at the bolded. Who has combate ever put on a card that's on the level of an Aaron Pico? Maybe there's somebody I am unfamiliar with and need to go check some tape out but I plead ignorance.

I have nothing against another MMA promotion finding success, and am glad you enjoy it. If you think Bellator is all crap that's your opinion but you lost me at the bolded. Who has combate ever put on a card that's on the level of an Aaron Pico? Maybe there's somebody I am unfamiliar with and need to go check some tape out but I plead ignorance.

They did used to have Brandon Royval for a bit, but that was quite early in his career.

They did used to have Brandon Royval for a bit, but that was quite early in his career.
Royval is must see TV, dude is wild AF. Didnt Rafa and Zellhuber also fouggt for Combate?

Royval is must see TV, dude is wild AF. Didnt Rafa and Zellhuber also fouggt for Combate?

Yeah they both did. Rafa was champion there.

There's also Miguel Rojo, John Castaneda, Gustavo Lopez, Julian Marquez, D-Rod and a few others from there on the UFC roster.

Back