2 police officers shot-- 1 dead-- in Southcrest, San Diego; 2 suspects (1 in custody)

Local TV news just stated a report of shots fired at the house SD police have surrounded.

edit: bomb squad is on site, unloading a robot.

Last edited:
I believe this is an edict that came down from the top brass, not the mods (not even the admins, I believe).

Nevertheless, I'm a bit perplexed. Could you explain to me how enforcing a restriction of hate speech against the murder of our police is partisan?
Where's the mod note for the incitement of killing off BLM activists?

I just felt the need to point out a double standard. But again, I'm taking the boys in blue 99 out of 100 times over anyone related to BLM.

Idk guess I'm just bored because I also think it should go without saying but unfortunately some people are sick and feed off the anguish of others.

On topic: glad to see my assumption was correct. The vatos doing business as usual. We likely won't be seeing any interstates shutdown.

RIP to the gang unit officer- that's a rough branch to work out of. Don't think I'd last doing that job because "kill or be killed" would go through my head every day.

Local TV news just stated a report of shots fired at the house SD police have surrounded.

edit: bomb squad is on site, unloading a robot.
Another perp killed by robot? July may be a shitty month for humans, but things are looking up for robots.

Yeah, them dudes definitely hitting 6 figures, if you factor in OT.

Based on the climate/vibe in SD, I highly doubt this was some BLM garbage, but more than likely some thugs, possibly high out of their minds.

Some BLM dudes shut down the freeway just a few weeks ago here in SD. There are more Hispanic gangs though I'm sure.

Yeah, them dudes definitely hitting 6 figures, if you factor in OT.

Based on the climate/vibe in SD, I highly doubt this was some BLM garbage, but more than likely some thugs, possibly high out of their minds.

Nah, I'm gonna go out on a live and say it wasn't hispanic gang members that did this...I think hispanic gangs know better than to do something like this, as they know full well the hammer will drop on them hard if they take out a cop. On the other hand...I'll just leave it at that.
Edit: responded to wrong person

Another perp killed by robot? July may be a shitty month for humans, but things are looking up for robots.
No, suspect hasn't been killed. Bomb squad or SWAT does have a robot on scene though.

Standoff is going on 3 hours now.
Reports of woman (wife, girlfriend?) was outside with police, pleading for man inside to surrender.
Earlier reported shots were flash bangs.

No, suspect hasn't been killed. Bomb squad or SWAT does have a robot on scene though.

Standoff is going on 3 hours now.
Reports of woman (wife, girlfriend?) was outside with police, pleading for man inside to surrender.
Earlier reported shots were flash bangs.
3 hours? Well it sounds like there's no option but to make it 2-0 robots over humans imo

Enough is enough . . . of all of it.

I'm so glad Hawaii doesn't have these Hispanic and Black thugs running around wild.

Cops really need to come down hard and all people.

Used to be they were feared and appreciated, now they are just viewed as enemies. Time to fight fire with fire.

Where's the mod note for the incitement of killing off BLM activists?
A #BLM activist was deliberately ambushed and killed? Do #BLM activists reflect the invested authority of the entire electorate?
I just felt the need to point out a double standard. But again, I'm taking the boys in blue 99 out of 100 times over anyone related to BLM.
There's no double standard. We allow aggressive debate on both sides when a police officer is suspected of an unjustified shooting. Maybe you missed the year of threads where Darren Wilson was painted out to be a monster only for it to be revealed that the portrayal of Michael Brown as a victim ("hands up don't shoot!") was a fat lie. Officer Wilson turned out to be the real victim in that case.

Where we don't allow celebration of cops being murdered is when innocent cops are ambushed just going about their day doing their jobs.
On topic: glad to see my assumption was correct. The vatos doing business as usual. We likely won't be seeing any interstates shutdown.

RIP to the gang unit officer- that's a rough branch to work out of. Don't think I'd last doing that job because "kill or be killed" would go through my head every day.
Gonna nitpick by pointing out your "assumption" that it was "Vatos" was published well after it was revealed (and updated in the OP) that it was a traffic stop, the taken suspect was Latino, and that these police officers were gang suppression officers. We don't award credit for that, and as Riddle's post has now made clear, the assumption that it was "gang violence" because it was San Diego is actually one borne of ignorance.

3 hours? Well it sounds like there's no option but to make it 2-0 robots over humans imo

How long until the robot is accused of being racist for shooting a cop killer?

Dark times. A cop was also killed in Austin (Round Rock) TX a few days ago and the killers are still on the loose last I heard

Ambush attacks on police have skyrocketed as our administration is sympathizing with cop killers and false narratives.

Ambush attacks on police have skyrocketed as our administration is sympathizing with cop killers and false narratives.
Obama is trying to mitigate anger in the black community by acknowledging acute struggles within it, and the feeling (rational or not) related to self-perception with regard to skin color. The latter half is the precarious water, but there's no safe passage across this river of thorns.

He belatedly adopted a harder rhetorical stance against the violence, but you can cease presentation of the false narrative that he's "sympathizing with cop killers".

Nevertheless, I'm a bit perplexed. Could you explain to me how enforcing a restriction of hate speech against the murder of our police is partisan?

Interesting how you threw in the hate speech label.

I'm so glad Hawaii doesn't have these Hispanic and Black thugs running around wild.

So long as those Micronesians don't get uppity we should be good. :D

The number of police shot this year has almost doubled from last year. This is crazy.

Back