2 police officers shot-- 1 dead-- in Southcrest, San Diego; 2 suspects (1 in custody)

CNN reporting both officers part of anti-gang unit. Suspect is Hispanic.
Maybe they'll have cartel ties and we can finally roll into Juarez with tanks and troops. But likely not because no one cares about police enough to avenge them.

Fuck!! Co worker of mine has friends there and is waiting to hear if his buddies are either of the involved officers. Mourning band hasn't come off my badge for like over a month.

Looks like I'll be attending another police funeral. Which will be probably my 6th in 7 years...

CNN reporting both officers part of anti-gang unit. Suspect is Hispanic.
Yeah, that they were in a gang suppression unit was reported in Reuters. The race of the perp is a fresh break.

I wonder if Life Insurance premiums have gone up for cops.

San Diego?

Likely just some eses representing

Side note: That mod note is partisan and a piece of joke. I despise BLM and support the police in this, but whichever mod always insists on inserting that note should just stop. We must let even the idiots speak freely.

BLM sympathizers, guaranteed. BLM has blood on its hands as do all its supporters. Disgusting racist and anti-cop hate group .
Cops were getting shot before BLM. Stop with your dumb guarantees. What is the value in assuming what can easily be verified??

San Diego?

Side note: That mod note is partisan and a piece of joke. I despise BLM and support the police in this, but whichever mod always insists on inserting that note should just stop. We must let even the idiots speak freely.
I believe this is an edict that came down from the top brass, not the mods (not even the admins, I believe).

Nevertheless, I'm a bit perplexed. Could you explain to me how enforcing a restriction of hate speech against the murder of our police is partisan?

Dealing with gangs is a dangerous job. I'm sure these kinds of killings happen every year.

Some counties pay less than that, but it's a very honorable career. Making 6 figures isn't everyone's priority in life.
Gang unit in SD making a lot more than 50k but no way excuses his death

Damn RIP. Shows you why American cops are so jumpy going in to interactions with the public though, particularly traffic stops. It's a tough job.

More guns than the population. Trigger happy cops. Trigger happy criminals. What do people expect?

Cops were getting shot before BLM. Stop with your dumb guarantees. What is the value in assuming what can easily be verified??
It's not very common that cops get shot. Most cop deaths are traffic related, the fact that 2 cops got shot will always bring national attention. Being a cop isn't the most dangerous job, except for July 2016. This month is pretty bad for cops.

Gang unit in SD making a lot more than 50k but no way excuses his death
Yeah, them dudes definitely hitting 6 figures, if you factor in OT.

Based on the climate/vibe in SD, I highly doubt this was some BLM garbage, but more than likely some thugs, possibly high out of their minds.

San Diego?

Nah, I'm gonna go out on a live and say it wasn't hispanic gang members that did this...I think hispanic gangs know better than to do something like this, as they know full well the hammer will drop on them hard if they take out a cop. On the other hand...I'll just leave it at that.

Yeah, them dudes definitely hitting 6 figures, if you factor in OT.

Based on the climate/vibe in SD, I highly doubt this was some BLM garbage, but more than likely some thugs, possibly high out of their minds.

Nah, I'm gonna go out on a live and say it wasn't hispanic gang members that did this...I think hispanic gangs know better than to do something like this, as they know full well the hammer will drop on them hard if they take out a cop. On the other hand...I'll just leave it at that.
I think one of the posts said it was Hispanics. I'm not too familiar with SD, but are there even black gangs? Thought it was mostly Hispanics. I just don't recall many black folks in SD compared to LA.

I think one of the posts said it was Hispanics. I'm not too familiar with SD, but are there even black gangs? Thought it was mostly Hispanics. I just don't recall many black folks in SD compared to LA.
LA is a whole different beast, but SD has some pockets, in this case Southcrest and it's surrounding areas, which has a mix of black and hispanic gangs. I apologize if I was wrong, but I'm just going based on experience/hood knowledge.

Edit: News has stated the SD police looking for the 2nd suspect have surrounded a house in the Shelltown area. (shelltown is basically southcrest; it is the neighborhood just south of Southcrest and generally the entire area is referred to as "Southcrest" now)

Gang Unit traffic stop.
Surviving officer is out of surgery and stable. (local news just stated this)
Police are still searching for 2nd suspect; witnesses have stated 2 men ran from the scene, the shot suspect was caught in a nearby ravine. At-large suspect is a Hispanic male, arrested man is the same.

Gang activity, gang violence, is low in San Diego.
San Diego County has a whole averages 18 police involved shootings per year (1993-2012 data); low teens each year since 2012.
San Diego has had the lowest crime stats for US's most populated cities. Police shootings aren't common here, last police officer shot was in 2013, that happened during a chase of a wanted felon.
Last police fatality was in 2011: Patrolman was ambushed, man pulled up alongside the officer's car and shot him in the face with a shotgun. Earlier in the day, the killer had shot a man at a fast food restaurant.

Last edited:
It's not very common that cops get shot. Most cop deaths are traffic related, the fact that 2 cops got shot will always bring national attention. Being a cop isn't the most dangerous job, except for July 2016. This month is pretty bad for cops.
I get it, but I also see no value in assuming what can be verified.

Do you think the trigger happy cops are a cause or an effect?

Back