2 chainz owns Nancy Grace over pot legalization

I'm not sure if you have ever been to East Hastings street located in downtown Vancouver, Canada, but looking at the drug addict freaks wandering aimlessly around is as good an argument as any as to why not all drugs should be legalized.

I understand drug addicts shouldn't be treated the same way murderers and rapists are treated, but I don't believe it's reasonable to think there won't be severe consequences for legalizing all drugs.

Potrugal decriminalized all drugs and is going against your theory of "severe consequences".

What's most silly about Grace's position is the idea that if weed continues to be criminalized - as it has been for almost 100 years - people won't be able to use it irresponsibly. WTF, Nancy? No one was able to buy dope or get high in the US before Coloradans started the trend in 2012? :rolleyes:

The vid in the TS cuts out the backstory concerning the child negligence allegations. But where did it occur? Chances are "high" that these parents didn't even obtain the dope or use the dope legally in the first place, given that such a small percentage of the US population is geographically situated to take advantage of the few very recent changes in America's recreational marijuana use laws.

I smoked regularly in my late teens (with some other substances thrown in occasionally) but was completely done with it by 20 and have never had any desire whatsoever to return. At this point in my life I can't think of anything I would enjoy less than a marijuana high. IMO it is nowhere near worth the narcoleptic burn out and insatiable appetite/weight gain that always followed (at least for me).

On the other hand if cocaine were legalized I would be first in line at the new coke shop opening. I would not hesitate to get back on that train. Cocaine never got the better of me back in the day. I was always able to use it responsibly and in moderation. I always felt great, physically and mentally, both during and after consumption.

Different people obviously respond to different drugs differently. Which is why any blanket argument against (or for) should be considered a non-starter.

God what a fucking bitch

I like how all the parents of other kids have access to that legal alcohol stuff and every single toddler in the world is drunk like that little pot head baby.

^^ that's exactly why I feel this 2Chainz fool didn't "own" her. educated? why didn't he bother to bring that up?

I'm not sure if you have ever been to East Hastings street located in downtown Vancouver, Canada, but looking at the drug addict freaks wandering aimlessly around is as good an argument as any as to why not all drugs should be legalized.

I understand drug addicts shouldn't be treated the same way murderers and rapists are treated, but I don't believe it's reasonable to think there won't be severe consequences for legalizing all drugs.

If you think drugs being illegal is what is keeping people from being drug addicts I don't know what to tell you. lol

2 Chains laying the smackdown on her.

Potrugal decriminalized all drugs and is going against your theory of "severe consequences".

Did things improve simply because of drug decriminalization or are there other factors? I have a hard time believing that certain troubled drug areas like Vancouver's East Hastings is going to magically improve simply because all drugs become legalized.

Did things improve simply because of drug decriminalization or are there other factors? I have a hard time believing that certain troubled drug areas like Vancouver's East Hastings is going to magically improve simply because all drugs become legalized.

Apparently taking all that money they used to get drug dealers and putting it into treatment facilities/staff is a better outcome. People are more willing to seek treatment when it's free and voluntary.

I've seen some of these DEA cops with ridiculous helicopters to find pot farmers. All that equipment/gas would make for some really great treatment facilities in America. Taking people addicted to drugs and throwing them in jail doesn't solve anything.

Apparently taking all that money they used to get drug dealers and putting it into treatment facilities/staff is a better outcome. People are more willing to seek treatment when it's free and voluntary.

I've seen some of these DEA cops with ridiculous helicopters to find pot farmers. All that equipment/gas would make for some really great treatment facilities in America. Taking people addicted to drugs and throwing them in jail doesn't solve anything.

I think this is one of the most drastically underlooked arguments when it comes to legalization. People like Nancy Grace think that "legalize" means to completely decriminalize but take NO account to regulation. A significant portion of violent drug crime deal with the transaction of drugs, not in the use. By taking that transaction away, regulating it, taxing it and using that money to enforce those rules, you get to eliminate a lot of the issue against legalization.

That bitch is scary stupid. None of her arguments made a lick of sense.

It sounds like Portugal decided to treat drug use as an illness instead of a criminal activity which is something I agree with. I don't think people should be thrown into prison with rapists and killers for 10 years because they were doing drugs.

I've noticed that even Fox News featured a positive story on Portugal:

Portugal's drug policy pays off; US eyes lessons

It sounds like Portugal decided to treat drug use as an illness instead of a criminal activity which is something I agree with. I don't think people should be thrown into prison with rapists and killers for 10 years because they were doing drugs.

Kind of like how Alcoholism and Obesity are treated now? You can get treatment in Rehab facilities and Bariatric Clinics, and although there is some stigma, it's socially accepted. So why not legalize and regulate all drugs and do exactly what you said.

I smoke weed. I've never done anything but smoke weed. I disagree with it and refuse to break that rule. But it's massively hypocritical of me to say my drug is okay and yours isn't. Sure, yours might be man made and manufactured unsafely, but if it was regulated, I can't say it shouldn't be allowed.

I've noticed that even Fox News featured a positive story on Portugal:

Portugal's drug policy pays off; US eyes lessons

Yep agreed completely. I wish the US would at least try this idea but to much money is involved now.

This lady is beyond obnoxious, and her reasoning ability is down right atrocious. She kept zeroing in on this video of a child smoking marijuana, and using it as a basis for why it should be illegal LOL. Substitute the Marijuana in the video with anything else, cigarettes, alcohol, tobacco, and then the video will be dismissed as bad parenting.

This is also the lady who used to be a corrupt lawyer. With holding evidence, making improper statements, and allowing a police detective to testify falsely under oath. In addition to her antics with several high publicity cases or individuals. The Duke Lacrosse case comes to mind when she completely regarded all the players involved as rapists, and made audacious and belittling remarks about them on national television. Then when it comes to light the lawyer was corrupt, the lady was lying, and all the players were innocent. The next day she wasn't even on the air to announce it or speak about the case, someone else filled in her for her.

Simply put, She's a cockroach.

Wait, so this happens even with prohibition? Then what's the difference if you have burnouts you make criminals vs. non making them criminals? As pointed out in this thread, ending prohibition isn't necessarily going to make a significantly more amount of burnouts. In fact the evidence suggests it won't.

I don't even smoke weed anymore & I'm still all for it.

hands down, I've seen people all across the board - from dear friends to random motherfuckers, act like absolute fools under the influence of alcohol compared to those under the influence of weed. & I've seen people do stupid things under the influence of 'dweed.

Back