#2 Brian Ortega is the underdog against Magomedsharipov (UFC 240)

Neither Zabit nor Khabib are Russian, lmao.
Really? They’re both definitely billed as Russian fighters by the UFC. And they both speak Russian. You sure they aren’t really just Russian, and you’re trying make the geography more complicated than it needs to be?

Really? They’re both definitely billed as Russian fighters by the UFC. And they both speak Russian. You sure they aren’t really just Russian, and you’re trying make the geography more complicated than it needs to be?
Ask any Russian sherdogger whether they're Russian or not.

Does he? Looked fine against Stephens iirc. Slowed against CTEniak but was sick or something as well.
I’m not impressed by his striking at all. I feel the same way about it as I do Yair Rodrigues. A lot of style, but very little substance. His ground game, Zabit that is, is great though.

Neither Zabit nor Khabib are Russian, lmao.
They are Russian. Outside of Russia, they are Russians. They are just not ethnic Russians, but are russian citizens. In United States, we have italians, indians, and africans, they are all american. It really just depends on how you classify the term "russian". I can tell you that to an english speaker, they are just russians.

As far as the fight itself, Zabit stands a good chance of winning this one. He does have one potential problem that I can see being a downfall sometime in the future. He tends to miss punches, and allows his opponents to touch him more than he should, his defense lacks in some areas and a good boxer will get through his defense a lot. So whenever someone with a lot of power comes aboard and has good boxing, Zabit will be in trouble. Fortunately, I don't think Brian or even Max Holloway have the power to knock him out with one punch.

They are Russian. Outside of Russia, they are Russians. They are just not ethnic Russians, but are russian citizens. In United States, we have italians, indians, and africans, they are all american.
In other words, they're not Russians, but are perceived as Russians by the same people who perceive Belorussians and Ukrainians as Russians, i.e. people who have no clue about the ethnic and cultural differences. People like Zabit and Khabib are considered as "subhuman churkas" by actual ethnic Russians - one of the most racist and xenophobic ethnicities I've ever met in life.

This fight isn't happening. It was discussed as a rumor over a month ago and there's been no news on it since.

Ortega is pretty much done. Zabit wins with ease.

I feel bad for Ortega, ZaBeast will beat him up pretty bad and he is too smart yo fall for a Ortega lucky comeback

They are Russian. Outside of Russia, they are Russians. They are just not ethnic Russians, but are russian citizens. In United States, we have italians, indians, and africans, they are all american. It really just depends on how you classify the term "russian". I can tell you that to an english speaker, they are just russians.

As far as the fight itself, Zabit stands a good chance of winning this one. He does have one potential problem that I can see being a downfall sometime in the future. He tends to miss punches, and allows his opponents to touch him more than he should, his defense lacks in some areas and a good boxer will get through his defense a lot. So whenever someone with a lot of power comes aboard and has good boxing, Zabit will be in trouble. Fortunately, I don't think Brian or even Max Holloway have the power to knock him out with one punch.
Ortega is the only person to K O Edgar

Well, one of them has a consistent striking attack and one of them.. well, gets beaten up until something miraculous happens

In other words, they're not Russians, but are perceived as Russians by the same people who perceive Belorussians and Ukrainians as Russians, i.e. people who have no clue about the ethnic and cultural differences. People like Zabit and Khabib are considered as "subhuman churkas" by actual ethnic Russians - one of the most racist and xenophobic ethnicities I've ever met in life.
Yes, you understand it correctly, but as a Russian speaking human living in United States, I can tell you that Russians is a term that is used for all former soviet citizens, which logically makes sense from an outside perspective. Ethnic russians are nationalistic and this nationalism shows through many "local" stereotypes; but this type of xenophobic and ethnic prejudice exists in many countries and cultures much worse than it does in Russia. As humanity evolves, hopefully this type of bullshit will drop out. Still though IMO, Khabib and Zabit are "russians", as they should be, as russian=russian citizen.

“There was some talk of booking Brian Ortega vs. Jeremy Stephens as the headliner for the July 20 card in San Antonio, but I’m told Ortega isn’t healthy enough to agree to a fight at the moment,” Helwani wrote on ESPN. “I do like that fight much better for Ortega than the rumored Zabit Magomedsharipov bout. Ease him back in.”

Only way Ortega winning this is a lucky punch. Zabit's superb footwork and wrestling will allow him to keep the fight on the feet and outpoint Ortega to a decision.
Don't undermine his diverse striking either, he has potential to end fights with it.

Back