2-8 in last 10

Thought u were talking about Michael Johnson who is going to get beat by Fili next Saturday as a favorite. It will be his 6th loss in 7 fights.
And he’s Nate’s only win at LW in the past like 5 years lol

I am guessing he only got this as a last chance because it is in Nebraska.

And I still feel like Ellenburger should be winning most of these fights he's lost. But just doesn't happen.

Hes still got dynamo power.

Hes railed RRR (according to Schwab) and he gets blown up

I do admire the fact that he keeps coming back and probably believes he can recapture some of his earlier magic. But damn, he gets smoked all the time now and is barely competitive in some fights.

I feel like Johnson is in his fights though. Like, he's competitive. Johnson is a good fighter. Not elite, but good enough to make the elite guys work and show their stuff. A good gatekeeper tot he top ten kind of guy. Ellenberger hasn't been competitive for a long time in my view.
Ellenberger should be released for his own health imo. MJ is a warrior with KO power he never gives up. The way he lost to Khabib without giving up his back was Samurai shit. I just think if Fili can mix in some TD's it's his fight to lose and he's coming up. I'd never bet on it though the man wears bow ties. Ellenberger should no longer be fighting top guys. This is the part where he vintage KO's Barbarena securing at least 3 more fights he will definitely pay for on the back nine. I have a bad taste in my mouth when he fights top 10 guys. Barbarena is not that, Ellenberger will land for first 2 or 3 minutes like Perry fight then get KTFO. Dude's a marine and a cool, quiet and humble guy why does the UFC have to do him like this. I was actually thinking about this earlier it bothers me.

I feel like Johnson is in his fights though. Like, he's competitive. Johnson is a good fighter. Not elite, but good enough to make the elite guys work and show their stuff. A good gatekeeper tot he top ten kind of guy. Ellenberger hasn't been competitive for a long time in my view.

I think you severely underrate MJ's skills, my man. He's been on a bit of a skid, but he's been fighting absolute monsters as of late.... and Darren Elkins. This move to FW was a long time coming, IMO, and I really believe he has the type of style to make some serious noise here. That Darren Elkins fight notwithstanding, he has the ability to box up absolutely anybody in that division. Anyone. He still can't scramble for shit but his TDD is usually good enough to keep it standing and I feel he has the best hands at FW, period. He's gonna decapitate Fili early and get matched up with Bermudez next, methinks.

I can still see big things coming from this guy.

I think you severely underrate MJ's skills, my man. He's been on a bit of a skid, but he's been fighting absolute monsters as of late.... and Darren Elkins. This move to FW was a long time coming, IMO, and I really believe he has the type of style to make some serious noise here. That Darren Elkins fight notwithstanding, he has the ability to box up absolutely anybody in that division. Anyone. He still can't scramble for shit but his TDD is usually good enough to keep it standing and I feel he has the best hands at FW, period. He's gonna decapitate Fili early and get matched up with Bermudez next, methinks.

I can still see big things coming from this guy.

Believe me, I hope you're right. I feel like he's fighting well every time I see him fight, and I feel like he's a good win for guys even though he's been beaten by a lot of guys now.

But at some point you have to start considering wins and losses. I'm a Dariush fan, but I wouldn't describe him as "an absolute monster". Same with Elkins. He's losing to guys a tier beneath elite, and I definitely see him more as a gatekeeper than a contender. I hope he puts it together and makes a run, but I have strong reservations about that.

Believe me, I hope you're right. I feel like he's fighting well every time I see him fight, and I feel like he's a good win for guys even though he's been beaten by a lot of guys now.

But at some point you have to start considering wins and losses. I'm a Dariush fan, but I wouldn't describe him as "an absolute monster". Same with Elkins. He's losing to guys a tier beneath elite, and I definitely see him more as a gatekeeper than a contender. I hope he puts it together and makes a run, but I have strong reservations about that.

I understand the sentiment. He's been a touch inconsistent as of late (that loss to Elkins was... unexpected) but this guy has shown the ability to be a true beast when he's at his best. You don't notch victories over guys like Fergie, Barboza and Poirier as a gatekeeper. Mind you, the losses to Elkins, Mad Dog, and Jury are signs that he may not be the champ I'm hoping he can be. I dunno, he just always seems so close to being at that championship level that I can't help but put him there, despite the setbacks to guys that are truly there... and some that aren't.

Regardless, Fili is getting messed up badly.

I don’t like to see a fighter get cut. Actually I don’t care either way. But just wondering, what does it take for someone to get cut? And why do some fighters get the “Dana talk” and others don’t? Jake Ellenberger is 2-8 in last 10 fights—majority of those he got finished brutally. Yet, he’s scheduled for a fight next week.
He is much better than his record indicates. I forgot what happened but his life went to shit along with his fight record. Maybe its a favor to help him financially or he's gotten it together?

This is definitely weird and unprecedented. Dude should have been cut a long time ago and his camp/people around him should have talked to him about retirement. It’s just sad af this point.

I suspect some aspects are how willing and game some fighters are. How exciting they are, despite how often they lose and how Dana and co might have some favouritism for them through social preference/nepotism/connections etc.
I mean, look at Gian Villante. He is boring as sin. Aint nobody watching an event to see him fight. Only reason he is around is because he is chums with Dana and Matt Serra.
Some fighters get cut because they barely fight and when they do, they just don't show up or they try to be too picky on their opponent. Or, they look like they will show no signs of improvement in any way. Pearl Gonzalez in her last fight consisted of her charging Botelho into the cage for 3 rounds. I'm glad UFC staff told her to fuck off.

Meanwhile they cut Rashid Magomedov.

Back