1st Tournament Questions

J Storm**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gonna do Grapplers Quest next Saturday in NJ.

Couple of questions:

1. how much time do you typically have from weigh-in to your first match.

2. how many people are there usually in each division.

3. if you lose your first fight, are you done, or do u get at least one more.

4. how much time do you have between matches.

In Grapplers Quest, especially in an area with a high concentration of schools like the NJ PA NY area you'll have a good amount of people in your division. It depends on your skill level, a lot of people like to go beginner/novice so you could have up to 20 people in your division. In which case, if you lose your first, you're out most likely.

In between matches depends on how many are in your division and how long the other matches go. Maybe a half hour, maybe more.

Weigh ins start early so you could get there and have a few hours to warm up.

that's what i'm most nervous about, that i'll train hard, make the trek out there, and then bust out in my first match.

that's what i'm most nervous about, that i'll train hard, make the trek out there, and then bust out in my first match.

Once the referee says "go" and you and your opponent make contact, you will enter that thoughtless "zen" state, and perform as you always do. You can't have a concious mind and a concious body at the same time.

Once the referee says "go" and you and your opponent make contact, you will enter that thoughtless "zen" state, and perform as you always do. You can't have a concious mind and a concious body at the same time.

that's deep.

You're talking about the Copa Atlantica on the 28 and 29 right?

Just relax and above all have fun. You're competing out of choice and not necessity. If you go there and you arent enjoying yourself you might as well stay home. And thats win, lose or draw.

bump.

i'll be doing the novice flyweight or featherweight, depending on how the dieting goes.

It's easy to say, but losing is not gonna be the end of the world, you'll feel bummed but then come back stronger.

Oh and by the way, you lose your first fight and your out, then you drive home. My first competition I flew to another country ok, how stressed do you think I felt thinking I paid this much money for a plane ticket and I might lose my first fight!!! So tell yourself things could be worse..

It's easy to say, but losing is not gonna be the end of the world, you'll feel bummed but then come back stronger.

Oh and by the way, you lose your first fight and your out, then you drive home. My first competition I flew to another country ok, how stressed do you think I felt thinking I paid this much money for a plane ticket and I might lose my first fight!!! So tell yourself things could be worse..

did u actually lose your first fight?

No I won my weight class, partied it up, the next day I lost my first fight in no-gi and went on the plane thinking I should've gone to sleep instead of going out clubbing.

What can ya do...

I've only done one submission wrestling tournament before but I've done many wrestling tournaments. In the submission wrestling tournament I fought in I didn't have much chance though since the lowest weight class for the tournament was 150 pounds and I only weigh 125. I also fought with a hangover and only a couple days notice of the tournament.

In the tournament I was fighting in, you pretty much had all of your matches one after another with only a minute or two to rest. I won my first match by points pretty easily, I lost my second match to I guy who looked like Sean Sherk by rear naked choke, and I lost my last match by points but managed to put up a good fight.

I think there were about ten guys in the weight class I was in. I remember that there was a girl in our weight class too because she was the only girl that showed up to the tournament and really wanted to fight. I remember she lost her first fight to the guy that I beat in about 20 seconds by rear naked choke.

Back