1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

1st Day Rolling, 2nd Day training..

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by xAsylum, Aug 26, 2010.

1. platfox Silver Belt

Good choice picking the bjj black belt to train with. I don't think you'll regret it.

2. KaosX Banned Banned

I've had 3 real BJJ sessions (taught by guys who know what theyre doing..not shams), only rolled in two of them so far. I've "lost" every time but gained great feedback and insight into how to improve on what I missed.

Of course...I'm rolling with guys who have months of training onto my couple days, so I don't feel bad about it.

It will make that first real sub all the better!

3. xAsylum Banned Banned

Me? I'm not, he is a really good guy, helps you whenever you need it, works 1 on 1, etc. Great coach.

4. platfox Silver Belt

You were trying to decide between your school/Morrisey's/Allegiance right? Or maybe I mixed you up with someone else?

5. codemonkey76 Black Belt

Knee ride is not half-guard, you get points for sweeping from half-guard, not for reversing from kneeride.

6. platfox Silver Belt

One guy at my gym refers to deep half guard as a leg ride. Perhaps thats what he's referring to.

7. Sayian Blue Belt

took me at least 8 months into training before i could tap a quality guy. Ofc i tapped all the shitty new guys but to tap someone who used to demolish me when i started, it took me so long!
    Its easier to tap smaller, weaker, less experienced i.e no challenge guys than it is to tap people who give you a challenge!

I used to savour any tap i got to a new guy , until i realized it was useless Because i am tapping someone who has no clue what hes doing. The good feeling will come when you tap someone who used to fuck you up day in and day out

but on the flip side, it doesnt matter who you tap or who you dont tap. It only matters in competitons.. so win or loose, its all a learning experiance in the gym

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  8. Belatucadros Brown Belt

You sort of are. I don't see anyone having said this yet, but you didn't "win" any matches and you sure didn't "lose"

You win in a tournament. Not a friendly roll.

9. flipspeed Yellow Belt

I always thought u get points for this (being mounted then reversing to where you land on his guard), oh well, learn something new everyday. hehe