1st Day Rolling, 2nd Day training..

xAsylum

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
felt pretty good, we did no gi today. We did 5 8 minute rounds, and I would give myself probably 2 wins and 3 losses, got submitted once my a blue belt. I submitted on guy with a kimura who probably had 90 pounds on me and I swept him when he had mount on me.

Overall pretty good day, really liking it :icon_chee

wait till the day you get smashed hard the whole time that's when you need to not quit just keep going days can be good and bad for a while.

Apaulo is right. Good job today, though. Seems a little fishy that you're already catching people, but I don't want to be the guy to call you out.

Maybe I'm just reflecting that it took me a couple months before I could win a match at my school, so I won't be a hater. lol

Apaulo is right. Good job today, though. Seems a little fishy that you're already catching people, but I don't want to be the guy to call you out.

Maybe I'm just reflecting that it took me a couple months before I could win a match at my school, so I won't be a hater. lol

Don't feel bad, it took me about a month before I got my first submission and the guy was about my same size and experience level. It took me 3 or 4 months before I even passed a blue belt guard.

We start from our knees and I just kinda bullrushed, totally strength and conditioning over technique, because at the moment I have NONE. I got beat up bad by the guy who submitted me, I want to get beat up. better competition makes you better. I think the only reason I got that sub was because the guy weighed about 250 and had horrible stamina compared to me and it was round 8 so i had the advantage.

felt pretty good, we did no gi today. We did 5 8 minute rounds, and I would give myself probably 2 wins and 3 losses, got submitted once my a blue belt. I submitted on guy with a kimura who probably had 90 pounds on me and I swept him when he had mount on me.

Overall pretty good day, really liking it :icon_chee

This will seem like a weird concept now, but try to remember that in training, nobody wins or loses. You'll understand what I mean in a few months. Other than that, good work man! Keep on training and learning. Make sure you're learning!

the difference is a sweep happens from guard, and a reversal happens from anywhere else on the bottom (bottom of knee ride, mount, side control, north/south, etc.).

This will seem like a weird concept now, but try to remember that in training, nobody wins or loses. You'll understand what I mean in a few months. Other than that, good work man! Keep on training and learning. Make sure you're learning!

I think everyone thinks like that in the beginning. I knew I used to think like that when i was doing TJJ, i lost that attitude before i started BJJ though.

No that makes sense man I know what you mean. Thanks for the input :)

if he had 90 lbs on you he mustve been a fat ass

dont brag about beating guys who suck

I weight 155 pounds, and he wasn't in good shape by any means but he wasnt disgustingly fat. He had strength advantage on me obviously.

GTFO of the thread, go jack off your 2 inch dick some more ***got.

I weight 155 pounds, and he wasn't in good shape by any means but he wasnt disgustingly fat. He had strength advantage on me obviously.

GTFO of the thread, go jack off your 2 inch dick some more ***got.

just tryin to help you out bro...i used to brag when i was a white belt how i beat all the crappy training partners but then i was humbled after i got my ass kicked by the quality guys

the difference is a sweep happens from guard, and a reversal happens from anywhere else on the bottom (bottom of knee ride, mount, side control, north/south, etc.).

So let's say I'm in bottom position in a knee ride (that is half-guard?): in order to score points I would have to put my opponent back in my guard then sweep them. I couldn't just reverse them from half-guard? I think that's pretty fucking lame, especially considering that it is very possible that I could wind up in the same top position with either one. Do you get points for passing someone's guard? So if I reversed someone from half-guard bottom and ended up with side control or something I could at least get points for that.

Sorry if I sound like a noob. I was in an all-around "MMA club" at the university I attended last year and we never learned about the points system in BJJ competition. I have experience on the mat but I'm not familiar with the scoring system. I think it's pretty lame that I could go from bottom to the same top position but whether or not I get points points for it depends on what bottom position I was in.

Not sure exactly which knee ride you're talking about but you get sweep points for reversing from half guard. As long as you're arent turtled up or your opponent is pass your guard, you get points.

just tryin to help you out bro...i used to brag when i was a white belt how i beat all the crappy training partners but then i was humbled after i got my ass kicked by the quality guys

I'm not bragging I'm just talking about my first experience rolling, believe me I know I'm in for more than my fair share of ass beatings

Back